New safe space where no one would dare to shoot you down

Ancient thread from days long gone
Rise again and feed more spawn

Bye. Can I have your stuff?

Byeee!

That’ll teach you to throw money at a game you know nothing about.

Perhaps do some reading before hand with the next one.

2 Likes

more Goon trolls nice

How’s he trollin’ when he’s just tellin’ the truth? And what made ya come back here after TWO ■■■■■■■ months?

Revived from Janurary in April, then halfway thru May given a fresh resurrection, returns this day in July.

@ISD_Buldath Confirmed Necromancy returns…

Still no. Safe spaces are bad and would negatively effect the entire game and markets.

Not if done right, mate. Let 'em have their segregated space. No access to the market and no way of handing over items or isk to anyone outside. Give ‘em all the tools they’d be needin’ to build more tools and that’s it. There ain’t no harm in that at all and they’d support the game 'cause of course they can’t have that as alphas. PLUS they’d be locked away from the game. Which’s good. Ya can’t argue against that at all.

You played EVE for 7 years and you still posted this?

Actually literally anyone can argue against that just fine cus it’s incorrect. Everyone should play somewhere that is accessible to others, because that’s one of the things that make EvE great. It’s like PvE guys saying there should be a PvP server without realizing they can’t sell anything they make without PvP to drive demand. You sound the same saying that it would be better if all the PvE fundamentalists left. Both would be crippling to everyone.

No safe spaces. Save EvE.

Never forget, UO Renaissance :sob:

We cannot let that happen to EVE!!!

2 Likes

Exactly.

One of us two accepts the situation as it is and the other one wants to force people to do as he wishes. Acceptin’ what they want and locking 'em away is the best course of action, ‘specially ‘cause then they’re gonna stop whinin’ about highsec and they sure as ■■■■ ain’t gonna start changin’ their ways.

Why ya wanna force 'em to play our way and rather have ‘em quit instead of just giving ‘em what they want without negative consequences for the rest of the game? There’s no ■■■■■■■ point in the hate and the only way to “save EVE” is by makin’ sure they stop wreckin’ the rest of the game, 'cause no matter how much ya gonna cry they AIN’T GONNA CHANGE. How ‘bout ya try thinkin’ a bit further, beyond the stupid canned responses?

Oh, this pointless thread again. Here’s an idea, anyone who wants this idiotic safe space idea can go play on the test server. Problem solved, no need to change the real game.

2 Likes

The situation is essentially fine, except for too many safety nets.

Because it’s the best way, they just don’t know it. No joke either.

There is no game without players on both sides.

How about you try writing properly and making a valid point before you try to insult my intelligence. This exact thing you’re suggesting happened before in a different famous game, you just haven’t looked into what you’re talking about.

Ultima ■■■■■■■ Online. I remember. I had a friend praisin’ it endlessly until it got killed off. Maybe ya’rr right after all. I’d still prefer having a game attractin’ people who actually play instead of all these whiny, bitchin’ princesses who don’t value it at all.

They’re a necessary part of the sandbox. There is no us and them. We refuse to play the game their way, they refuse to play it ours, but the result of this division is the very conflict that makes everything possible for both sides and everyone between.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind such a super-safe space as long as it follows the general rules of EVE that if there is no risk there is no reward also. Super-safe “2.0” space would be balanced around the corvettes class and shuttles, no other ships allowed. Mine and rat on god mode while sitting in your indestructible corvette. Produce as many corvettes as you want to and all the civilian modules too. (Sorry, you can’t make non-civilian stuff, this isn’t a war-zone, remember?) No market PVP either as you just produce for fun, no one has to buy new ships ever anyway. Or should we introduce decay over time here to create a bit of a demand? Run level zero missions and get a fancy faction corvette from the loyalty point shop. Sounds great to me. The broker, contract, industry and science taxes have to be cranked to pay for the maximum security, but I am sure it would be totally worth it.

Would you also be fine to absorb the extra cost of this server that nobody will use? I take it you realise CCP has to charge someone for all the extra server / staffing costs?