Not very inviting

Your words.

1 Like

You’re entirely correct, good catch. The way he quoted me about “class” and then talking about elitism is not what I meant, still I said.

The way you used “…with class.” in the context of blowing up ships may not be what you meant but it was perceived that way. Of course, the fault may or may not have been yours, that’s debatable.

Can you explain exactly how you’d blow up a ship with class? To me, that offensive action doesn’t need to be accompanied by a qualificative but naturally I could be wrong.

Well, you can be a raging lunatic who starts cussing and crying when he dies or acts childish when he wins OR you can just act and react like a decent human being playing a game within the confines of that game.

This applies to all competitive games like shooters etc. How often do you kill someone in a shooter only for him to start cussing and raging over voice or they start accusing you of hacking? It’s the same thing, the act of killing is simply a part, or even the goal, of that game but you don’t have to behave like an imbecile over it.

In the same way that you can act, react and interact like a normal human being on forums, like here. I could have started raging or using dumb logic as a reply to your “but you did say it”, as you caught me on a mistake. But why would I, how does that help anything?

You can play a game as savagely as intended or possible, if you want to, without being an asshole about it.

I’ve been watching some solo PVP streamers, Bjorn Bee and LargeQuafeZero. Those guys have class both in victory as defeat. To me that’s how you do it and that’s how I will do it, albeit not as capable heh.

1 Like

You seem to forget that EVE has a Role-playing facet to it, which I very much intend to engage in.
I’m a Minmatar pilot whose wife was killed by Traglivian invaders in Minmatar space. I’m outraged by that vile agression on an unarmed passenger shuttle on its way to Malukker.
The fact that some capsuleer traitors fight under Traglivian flag insense me to the utmost. What daring! What outrageousness! What innocence! What arrogance!! The day I blow up a Kybernaut ship will be grandiose! I shall not rest until these vile and horrid peddlers of lies and deciet float lifeless in the infinite expenses of cold dark space for ever!

1 Like

Actually the opposite. After trying some different characters, factions and learning about the lore I very specifically chose to be Amarr. Partly because it reminds me of Imperial and Gutamaya ships in Elite Dangerous and also because to me it’s fun to RP characters or factions who’s ideas are set in stone. I’m Amarr, I fly and will only fly Amarr ships and for my PVE I will only fly in Amarr space. Not the most logical of choices, as many people have told me, but I don’t care about that.

So far I’ve been doing combat sites which is a competitive form of PVE where anyone can enter that site. If someone is in it who is Amarr and flies an Amarr ship I’ll let them be and find another site. If that character is not Amarr or he doesn’t fly an Amarr ship I will stay in the site and try to outdo him. If he then complains I’ll either state him to be trespassing or a traitor. I’ve had one interaction like that so far and the guy clearly was kinda confused hehe. I’ve had one interaction where we had a nice conversation afterwards even though we were competing against each other.

1 Like

Why you Amarrian scum!! Not only are you content to enslave an entire race but you have the gall to think yourselves superior, to think that your god sees kindly upon your inhumane delusion of being a superior race to us Minmatar. Both our peoples once lived peacefully on paradise Matar until your priests got delusions of grandeur and pushed you sheep into genocidal agression.
There shall be no peace between us until your elite families publicly recognize Minmatar worth in its bloodline and beg mercy for centuries of war, rape and murder.

2 Likes

We’re just better.

You seem to be in a corp that’s led by a Caldari character, apparently you enjoy being taken advantage of.

3 Likes

Then it shall be war between us. I shall enjoy the sight of your ship being pulverized by my blaster-propelled antimater projectiles and your lifeless clone floating among the useless debris… just as soon as I skill up enough to PvP correctly ( lol )

1 Like

Pistols at dawn it is. See, you can engage in combat or pvp just fine without being an asswipe about it.

Perhaps I’m hopelessly optimistic (or maybe I just have standards) but I expect official forums and help channels to have standards as well, not really high standards just… standards.

2 Likes

It’s only temporary. I applied to a Minmatar corporation but they have to wait to accept my application as they’re presently at war. As soon as their war is done I be changing corporation.

I never said the contrary.

And the forum are what they are. The earlier suggestions still apply, just ignore the unpleasantness and move on.

FTFY :wink:

3 Likes

Figures

They do

You just need to adjust yours

Fly safe

I trespass in A(hole)marr all the time

1 Like

On the Forums
And what about the people who try to have reasonable discussions, or everyone answering questions in New Citizens Q&A. Yeah, people frequently disagree, and discussions can sometimes devolve into arguments, but it also seems like you’re concentrating on the negative. In fact, what you’re doing isn’t all that unlike what other people do. So, maybe you belong here.

Also, this is the forums, not the game. This is where people with strong opinions tend to go to express their opinions. Don’t like hanging around the forums? Well… idk… maybe don’t hang around the forums. You can enjoy Eve just fine without ever coming here.

On the Rookie Help Channel
You know, I’ve heard people complain about what goes on in the rookie channel before, but I have literally sat there for hours and not seen anything wrong. In fact, the people in there are so helpful, I usually get beat when it comes to answering questions. Thus, most of my responses tend to be, “^^This”. Now, this is not to say that I’ve never seen any misconduct going on. However, every time I’ve sat in there, the good guys have outnumber the turds by a wide margin.

Spam mails are annoying, but I feel like you’re making a mountain out of a molehill here.

Anyway, here are some things that might make your experience better and/or help improve the community.

• the spam mails will stop as you get older/join a player corp.
  • You can block toxic players on the forums (and in game) if you really wanted to. Few people use alts to post, so just don’t tell them that you blocked them, and that will probably be the end of that.
  • You can filter what forum categories you see pop up in new, so that you don’t have to see any spam threads.
  • If you do see anyone breaking the rookie help channel rules, report them.
  • If you see anyone violating forum rules, flag their posts.

1 Like

Eve has a lot of people playing it. Take any crowd of people and you will find nice ones and you find the asses. Problem is that the asses make more noise and the nice ones find friends and work with them to the exclusion of the asses.

So you get the loud corps and asses detracting from your play and you totally miss out on the other folks who you might want to meet, if only you could figure out how. This is not a game problem this is a life problem that happens to also be in the game.

Me? Well you will find me in rookie help chat. I do not belong to any corp nor do I wish to and I find the invites a humorous but of junk mail and no real effort is involved in hitting delete a few times. I especially like the I am invited so I can ‘learn the game’.

m

3 Likes

Mike, I think you would be a great fit for my corp - the Garoun Investment Bank. Please send me your API key and I will get you an invite!

3 Likes

LOL thank you, but no.

m

2 Likes

LOL, Shameless recruiting.

About recruiting…

Yes. Well it’s the second time Fiction corp sent me one of those mass recruiting mails with like 15 Cc to them but, you know, I figure the guys who do that don’t always manage to keep track of the capsuleers they send it to so mistakes will happen.
Funny thing is I was already in a player-run corp when I received that mail.
So I guess the recruiting will never stop.
It seems that some corporations are desperate for new members and willing to whore out to pad their numbers.
I think it’s hilarious.