Nullification and Warp Module Update – Live Now!

Dear CCP,

in my Eyes the Core Stabs are total useless. If someone is attacking in Low Sec and you try to escape you have only 12(Stoic) Sec. to Escape. Your ship has to be in this time in Warp. Else you are doomed. Some ships need even more Time to reach warp.

Second the attacker has to scramble lower than 2 - As eyerybody knows this they attack everytime with more points. no smart pv Player would risk to let you go if he knows how high your max value (2) is.

Even Worse with 2 faint Epsilon you have a scrample 0f 4 - nobody can Escape!

3 Likes

The description of the Interdiction Nullifier says “Temporarily nullifies the effects of warp disrupt probes and mobile warp disruptors.” Does this mean, it doesn’t make you immun to Warp Disruption Field Generators from HICs?

And is this the same to Shuttles?

1 Like

HAHAHAHAHA, That is the demeanor at the CCP tower, like I said in my last post. Do you think this company cares about what you think, or feel about the changes they make to to game. No they don’t, as long as you are filling their pockets with hard cash. “THE GREAT ESCAPE” sounds like the exit of any responsible decisions on managements part. They are heading to paradise, escaping to retirement, and running EVE into the ground. Oh you don’t put skins on ships? Well your going to have this skin applied to your character as a going away present. Whether you like it or not, because here a CCP we don’t want you plexing from skins that you don’t pay cash for. You can have these free skill points that will go toward the new skills required to do the same thing that you already trained for, and have to fork over more isk to buy more books, and more BP’s to make the same thing. What about all those poor souls who gave away free time, and effort to help this company, the websites, the external tools, the volunteers, Time, and effort people gave to make this game better with no compensation. Two words: BURN JITA. Your more than welcome to be a chearleader for CCP, and get out your pom poms, but I won’t be reading replies like I didn’t from my last post. If you don’t like propagandrama, and don’t like grinding your a** off just to grind your a** off don’t play EVE.
P.S See you on mars, oh wait there is no mars in EVE, because that would make a whole lot more sense then this latest garbage update. *You’re

3 Likes

I would advise adding a second highslot to a yacht so it can use a nullifier in addition to covert cloak, it still wouldn’t make the ship better than it was before the changes. Also I wish that nullifier subsystem on T3Cs would give passive nullification, without the need to fit a nullifier module as well. Otherwise we now have a bunch of T3C pilots stranded in space or station because they don’t have the module and I don’t have a problem with bubble immunity on T3C remaining the way it was because they are right now the most expensive ships that can fit the new module.

3 Likes

Why the hell does the Interdiction Nullifier module have a drone bandwidth penalty? That penalty is not listed in the feedback topic nor the patch notes nor the announcement.

1 Like

Regardless of the changes, the way in which CCP threw this out the door is very CCP.

The interdiction nullifier has the same bugs that existed and were reported on Sisi relating to the cooldown timer disappearing once you’ve jumped through a gate. A very unhelpful bug.

Also, don’t just drop a patch like that. There’s a massive war going on with a lot of scouts and cloaky intel going on. Because the market wasn’t re-seeded with BPO’s, no one had time to adapt. The same applies for explorers now stranded in deep null.

A bit more communication would have been nice and fixing the patch before release is always nicer

5 Likes

you can align and then activate WCS

Even if the Helios is such a ugly ship i guess he will need one more high-slot ! You can’t fit cloack/nullifier/probe launcher so he is pretty bad atm … CCPLZ

Mike, has there been much talk about T3C’s between you/@Brisc_Rubal and the other CSM’s? Does seem to feel like the nerf hammer has been consistently applied to these ships.
I don’t have the big picture view of ‘all of Eve’ but it does seem like what was once a great option for a solo or small gang PvP/PvE pilot is becoming more and more of a white elephant (overpriced and ineffective).

This latest update isn’t the end of the world as we know it IMHO, but it does change the gameplay style significantly for some of us. Just curious if the T3C’s are gonna be getting some love again any time soon?

1 Like

@CCP_Dopamine have you already received feedback on a yacht and its only one high slot?
It makes impossible the usage of covert cloacking device & nullification module.

Hello CCP,

are you totally nut now?
a)
the WCS IIwith only 2 points of defensive scramble strenght is still crap in comparison to a WCS I which has also only 2 points of defensive warp scramble strenght? Was it not on the test server that this time the WCS II should be a real T2 module which is supposed to be better than the T1 stuff?
WCS_a

b)
Before this crap putting 4 or 5 or 6 WarpStabs into low slots gave me at least a little protection against a sole PvP hunter in low.
Now with only one Module allowed, with only a warp core strength of 2, every ■■■■■■■ faction scrambler can take a hauler down and there is NO defense, ABSOLUTELY NO counter against this … but WCS are supposed to be counter against it !!

DO YOU EVEN KNOW / UNDERSTAND YOUR OWN GAME?
WCS_b

c)
With 6 WCS inside my hauler I could, with a little bit luck, even escape a MNI that could bring up 6 points of scramble strenght (3 points for faction scrambler module + 2 points from ship module + 1 point for faction distruptor)
Now my hauler is lying dead in space againt whatever may lurk at a gate - this make hauling throw low sec absolutely impossible.
So either enhance the strength of the WCS or reduce the strength of faction scramblers to 2 to match this … everything else kills of trading, hauling, which I like to do.
=> No I am NOT here for PvP , its just a sad consense on undocking
=> No I am NOT here for people interaction or “friends finding”, I am just here for relaxing in a
space game which I personally liked years ago but start to enjoing it less and less and less
=> ■■■■ … I trained in Marauders … but cannot afford them as the prices went up, I trained into
freighters but cannot afford them as the prices went up so do you , CCP , want to get rid of
me? If yes just say it and I switch to X4 or something else

6 Likes

CCP won’t say it because they wanna milk you for every penny you got.

4 Likes

Lemme guess, you call the brakes the “Coward´s Pedal” :laughing:

1 Like

I am not posting much here in the forums and I never came up with the “I-will-quit-because-I-dont-like-something” ■■■■. But seriously, what is the purpose of this change? I mean it, WHY was this implemented? Literally, tell us please. Who will help this?! Well some bloc-guys I guess, but where is the real problem with nullification? I really don’t get it… Don’t tell me there was an absolute urgent need to catch Intys or T3Cs because otherwise one of the great null-empires might fall… Really, what is the purpose of the Interceptor now? Fast hisec travel? And why strip the T3C one of its last roles?

And no: That active module absolutely does not compensate for it. It is at least a massive loss of QOL (so why would I “play” it?), but more likely one will just be caught and die… BUT on the other side one may fit that module even into other ships, that were not able to use nullification before the patch :smiley: Yout get the irony?

I am playing this game since 2015, more or less without letting down my sub(s) a single month. This will change 100% now :slight_smile: I liked roaming nullsec on my own - exploration, combat sites, sometimes pvp. Now I can’t even enter nullsec in a T3C without losing it for 100% at a certain point - or I put an active module in my ship and wait 3 minutes each jump. Yeah, great^^ Or just die nonetheless, because both sides of a gate are bubbled…

What really annoys me on that “update” are the politics. For me it looks like someone behind closed doors wanted this change for an absolute niche purpose but got it anyway because he is part of one of the blocs or whatever faction with a voice in the CSM - totally ignoring everything else.

I get the arguments on the cloaking change, really, but the nullification change is just stupid and totally unnecessary. Yout at CCP may have forgotten one thing: At the end of the day we pay for having fun in a game, not for having less and less options…

Just my 2 cents, take it or leave it.

3 Likes

We have talked to them pretty consistently about T3Cs and their place in the overall meta, and especially about getting rid of skill point loss. I know that a lot of people like their T3Cs, but they’ve been nerfed into various niche roles (off-grid links, exploration, smartbombers) and the only place you really see them as fleet ships these days is in wormholes.

I think I’d like to see them get some specific attention, but part of the problem is they’ve gotten multiple passes over the years and that just tends to make one of them better than the others. I don’t know how much CCP wants to continue to invest here given how often they’ve been balanced in the past.

They don’t. They develope a game they don’t want to play.

5 Likes

I admit I don’t have access in the same way as you, but T3Cs are a very common sight as solo exploration ships and solo WH hunter ships. I can’t say I have any experience in WH hunting fleets (I’ve done sleeper killing fleets but they’re usually battle cruisers, the ones I’ve been in). T3Cs get used for a lot more than the reason you stated, a lot more than you’re insinuating.

Hello CCP / CCP Dopamine,

please see my post from about half an hour ago. To add following thing, here is my first sub’s canncellation which I started in 09/2017:
Sub_Cancel_Zero

And here the sub cancellation of my 2nd accounts I started more then a year ago:

And here the sub cancellation of my 3rd account I started more then a year ago:

And here the sub cancellation of my 4th account I started more then a year ago:

And here’s the first biomassing of chars … enough is just enough !
biomassing_one

5 Likes

bio_enough_is_enough.

2 Likes

I said they were used for exploration and in wormholes - that’s mostly where you see them now. The days of these ships being mainline fleet doctrines in nullsec or lowsec appears to be over. We’ve retired all our doctrines, and I don’t know of anybody in null that brings these out the way they used to. Full loki fleets used to be pretty common. Medium sized fleets of Tengus used to be pretty common. They aren’t anymore. That’s my point - they’ve been nerfed into a niche ship and that sucks.