Nullification and Warp Module Update – Live Now!

I’m very, very glad to hear that as that is a point that really needs to be driven home with regards this update. I’m happy to hear that there’s at least one voice on the CSM who understands that. A massive amount of feedback here and elsewhere seems to support that stance.

Victorieux luxury yatch; use to be fugly but usefull, not its fugly and useless.

CCP your getting worse at listening to your customers, didn’t think that was possible with how poor you are anyways. Not surprised though.

2 Likes

It’s already been fixed.

Now Brisc me lad, much as you’re doing good work here old son, don’t you have rather more important things to be doing than placating internet spaceship nerds all day long?

I mean, I get that it’s CSM season and all but, don’t you have an actual job to do too?

(Just kidding you on here by the way. I suppose it’s an exercise in developing patience, and thus could be deemed in-work training)

T3 - nullification requires both subsystem and highslot and reduce drone bw (=damage). But hey … blocade runners are he new covert cynos as unstoppable!

1 Like

@Brisc_Rubal

While CCP may be monitoring this thread, they have remained silent and not answering or clarifying their position in these forums. Have they been responding on Reddit, chat channels, or pod casts that you and your fellow CSM participate in or are they just limiting themselves to the CCP/CSM private lines of communication?
I know that CCP think they are treating what ills EVE, but they are acting like a bunch of medical professionals watching a patient sink further into poor health and not explaining to the patient’s family their perscribed treatment or reasoning behind it. Admire both Mike and your willingness to step in here and try to offer some information, but you should be recieving at least some support from their community relations team. In regards to the overall EVE community, CCP’s response to customer concerns have been less than stellar and more like non existent. While they may explain their logic and plans far better to the the CSM, their required NDAs assure that the rest of us remain in the dark and let the dissatisfaction toward them continue to build; a very risky business plan.

7 Likes

There is a way just don’t let them get within 9km’s. Neut’s /jam drones, overheated ab + web.

For DST what about a -90% fitting cost to heavy neuts :]. It’s bonus’s are relating to out lasting and its as big as a bs lol.

Remember your bandwidth is also halved.

True, but to be fair I’ve had a guy that used a single jam drone and 4 combat drones in solo frig pvp and that single drone jammed me out twice so its still viable.

I’m a multi-tasker. I was watching a hearing while doing most of this yesterday.

CCP Swift has been responding to things on Twitter, and CCP Paradox has been posting updates as changes have been made.

1 Like

Not sure if I play the game “correctly”, but don’t interceptors provide destruction? They catch targets, provide intel, bounce spots for fleet… can’t do that if you are dead or stuck in bubble.

There is/was an issue of pvp <2s align interceptors sniping something and moonwalking out, a niche issue of annoying relic ceptors and nullified t3c’s with 5 warp stabs (rare), but all it would take to fix it is make fleet interceptors unable to fit guns (or cut their dps by 70%)…
This update is like throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Absolutely, just wanted to make sure all the nuances is kept in mind :smiley: It is certainly true that they still have several options based on situation. I think the issue here is that if Stabs aren’t going to save you than why bother fitting one at all?

That said, I think the fear that people will land 3 points on you maybe assuming competency on the attackers front, which in practice isn’t always the case :stuck_out_tongue:

I still stand by that Stabs should provide +3 stability so that a MNI can’t just sit on the gate and scram more or less everything.

2 Likes

last night I refitted my DST and it still had +2 warp core strength. so for them y can have +4 still.

1 Like

I think CCP makes shitty development calls like this because they know that Eve is dying, won’t be around much longer and would rather dwindle away their playerbase slowly, making us believe it was our own decision to quit due to the ‘incompetence of the devs’, rather than just shutting off the servers one day and facing a thousand lawsuits or the fury of a thriving community, and are just doing everything they can to cash out in the meantime.

At least, that’s the only logical reason I’ve been able to come up with.

5 Likes

Ok so this is…very annoying. So it can’t be turned on mid-warp, and it can’t be turned on while cloaked - only during gate cloak, but not covops.

So no more WCS to avoid scrams, only points. I mean, I guess? But just…why? WCS needed nerf for years but none of this is the change people were asking for. What everyone asked for, literally for YEARS was simply to ban WCS in FW plexes. But I guess that wasn’t convoluted enough, changes can’t simply make sense - they need to also be complicated for no reason

I guess ■■■■ any ship that had tight CPU, not sure why this is being made a CPU thing. Makes the nerf disproportionately affect frigates vs. cruisers

This also made it to TQ without rebalance despite all the outcry.

BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE

The T2 variant costs MORE CPU rather than less. On the ares, that’s almost 1/3 of it’s entire base CPU pool.

And they don’t get a bonus to the reactivation delay, despite all of the feedback. CCP, I guess at least if you rush changes through without giving anyone time to prepare then you don’t have to read their feedback so I suppose that’s a plus

4 Likes

They don’t care at all about our feedback about anything, they just make these threads so they can pretend they still do.

The new message loud and clear from CCP Rattati is “If you don’t like all the constant nerfs I’m forcing on you, then you should just quit”

9 Likes

Stupid changes once again CCP. BEST business model idea yet just make the game a “black screen edition” where nothing happens so you don’t have to pay designers, staff or anyone and all we do is pay to click on a black screen while it goes ping. OMG groundbreaking game right here. BTW toon for sale.

Things worth considering: Nanofiber Internal Structures and Inertial Stabilizers will help you align faster to be out of there and the NIS helps with velocity as well. Warp Accelerators may not be super super useful but they fill low slots with something positive that might help if I’m dodging from celestial to celestial while waiting for the WCS to cycle and has no bad side effects. I figure that my WCS gives me an escape window and they can probably guess where I’m aimed, so when I get there I have a short window to be on my way to somewhere else where I can either cloak or keep dodging and scanning if no cloak. On my different ship with four warp core stabilizers, I’m now using 1 each.

Overdrive Injectors might be tempting, but they cut cargo space. Extra tanking is also possible, but invariably comes with side effects. I’m doing shields so I looked at Shield Power Relays but couldn’t afford the capacitor loss.

Exactly. Now a rattlesnake costs about 3.4 billion to make, and a domi costs about 630 million to make.

The material cost of a gila is about 600 million.
If CCP does not make a change soon, Active play is Shut down forever.

However, if CCP makes gas Anomalies and gas excavator mining drones, and spawn gas sites inside ore Anomalies, the problem would be partially fixed.