October 2018 Release - General Feedback

Looking at zkill’s stats for September pre ECM Nerf : When choosing pairs I have tried to match the value they may have in a fight

Kill/Losses

• Loki T3 ; 31,382/1148
  • Falcon ; 3,600/259
  • Retribution ; 16,672/1939
  • Griffin ; 3783/1814
  • Griffin NI ; 484/190
  • Sabre ; 34,787/4351
  • Rook ; 718/99
  • Caracal; 11,202/4176
  • BlackBird; 1478/566

These are pre nerf figures - If you really think these ECM ships are over powered why do they get in on so few kill mails All ECM involved kill & Losses add up to the Kills made by just the Retribution.

Post Nerf - The Rook has clocked up 451/48, The falcon 1769/160

Oh come on…

…we all know…

…it all happened…

…because of ONE particular kill :rofl:

As interesting as those figures are, I don’t see why you are posting them here on the EVE forums instead of the r/Eve subreddit. We have two months of evidence indicating that the devs do not read these forums threads.

1 Like

Player structures, when these are returned by a search in the corporation assets, don’t show the full right-click menu (Set Destination, Warp To, Dock, etc. is all missing). It shows a completely different menu instead, one for folders.

That is just sad…

1 Like

Points to bring up for the recent event sites.

• Why is the beacon now target-able again? It takes forever to fully lock and was at one point made to be a non targetable item
  • Please make the tower on the harvest site a large collidible structure or some form of item that can be selected to align to.
  • When warping into the harvest sites any large ship will get bumped off the gate, Can you make it a non collidable structure moving forward?

I feel monocles are coming back. http://prntscr.com/ldfi1k

Dear CCP,

Do you understand local channels are a basic feature you cannot fail to fix asap, dont you?
Thank you.

P.S. Please dont answer me asking to fill some report. I hate doing paperwork. Lets just agree that I pay you work. Have a nice day.

I don’t think that’s how this works.

post on reddit, ccp dont read thier own forums.

Oh, I’m sure they read plenty, they just don’t talk much here. I’m kind of the same way to be honest being more a lurker than anything else ever since they moved the forums to this site.

Again. sad… Sad to the point of complete incompetence of a company that has their livelihood from building a community around internet spaceships. Not reading their own Community Forums seems like shooting themselves in the foot.
If they like Reddit bettter, Move the forums to Reddit, period.

Then why have the forum? It is meant to be the connection between CCP and The community.

Maybe they don’t quite see it that way? I have a suspicion they (CCP) treat the forums here more so with idea in mind it’s a means to listen in to and hear player concerns and player-to-player discussions rather that primarily that it’s to offer direct 2-way discussions between CCP devs and players in general.

@Sobaan_Tali
Yeah, might be, and I can understand that.
But when CCP is requested to come with an input, the silence is still there.
I know how har working CCP is, and I understand their reservations about getting involved in discussions, as it is a huge time-sink. However, when a simple clarification question is asked in the direction of CCP, they could respond. Especially if they are able to interact with the community on Reddit. Then I see no excuse to neglect the community here, on their own forums.

There are two guys on the community team. They’ve been doing Vegas, planning for all next year’s events, attending TwitchCon, doing all the PR around the next release, and a bunch of other stuff. They don’t have the time to sit on the forums and respond to every question somebody asks.

3 Likes

@Brisc_Rubal
While I certainly understand that the CCP guys are busy (devs/community team), if they do find time to engage in discussions with the EVE community it should certainly be on CCP’s own forums and not reddit.

I have no idea whether CCP guys actually do engage in discussions on reddit, but if this is the case, CCP might as well close the forums rather than waste the EVE community’s time. And in that regard @Colinde_s does have a point.

2 Likes

I have respect for busy devs.
I do.
I’m not requiring them to respond to every question, don’t be ridiculous.
But the amount of discussions about the game where a little input from Devs would be a significant help in bringing meaningful discussions to their conclusion is large. Not to mention help the devs in having a feel for the community.
Oh… And back on the subject of the CSMs role. You are doing the right thing @Brisc_Rubal . You are engaging with the community on the forums. The rest of the CSM should do the same. If the forums can’t have CCP Staff engaging , we would appreciate the council that is supposed to represent the community to engage more. Actually represent us.
EVE Is a game, not RL. But the structures that are in place are close to RL politics. In game and out of game.
An advisory council with no hard power to change things, still have soft power to change things. Both in the community and the development. A comparable RL council would be The Nordic Council. They have NO hard power, but the forum and connections that council hosts are valuable to the corporation/coherence of the Nordic countries.

Anywho, I digress.
I would just wish that we had a more coherent community.
A community that isn’t split across platforms when it comes to important discussions. Both the CSM and CCP have a responsibility to carry and structure the community communications. And as far as I can see, there are only a few people from CSM/CCP that are even interested in running the forums in a way that makes it a powerful tool for both players and developers. The forums has a huge unused potential. And it makes me sad.

A suggestion to improve the value of the forums would be an official stance from CCP that the forums is the only “official” place for suggestions and game-mechanic discussions/suggestions. Discussions and suggestions posted elsewhere would not be counted as official inputs to the game. But judging from peoples reports from Reddit and here on the forums, Reddit carries more weight. Effectively invalidating the reason to have an official EVE forum like this.

I have to agree with you. While ccp encourages the csm to gain feedback from us, only 2 really seem to invoke conversations to get feedback. So do the other csm read the forums or just visit reddit to read without engaging?

2 Likes

I can’t speak for all of them. I know some of the read the forums, some read reddit, some read both, some read neither. Each one is different.

October 2018: Stats show fewer people flying Caldari ecm ships

• Lowest number of Falcon involved kills EVER recorded by Z-Kill stats (-1000 less than last month)
  • Lowest number of Falcon losses EVER - usage way down.
  • The Griffin & Rook show lowest Kill/Loss since 2014
  • The GNi & Blackbird show a similar decline in usage.
  • The Widow stats are down but its not too bad (maybe it has other uses?)

WAY TO KILL OFF A CLASS OF SHIPS CCP
The buffs better include making ECM actually work or they will never get used again

3 Likes