Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

Fashion choices by capsuleers attending Lasairiona Raske’s Carnival Masquerade event in L’Amore in Ballo circulate in public domains; criticism and praise abound

Not sure there was much criticism considering L’Amore’s dress code rules. No one was walking around naked.

I would like to buy a list of capsuleer attendees of such “events”, to know who disgraced themselves by supporting activities of Angel Cartel - probably the largest illegal human trafficking criminal organization of New Eden. I will be honored to exchange warm greetings and torpedoes with these pirate-assisting swines who with their existence insult the humanity.

All enemies of the State WILL DIE.
– D. Kim, Strike Cmdr.

P.S.
And yes, visiting Angel Cartel facilities like L’Amore is more amoral thing than appearing on public naked.

Crap, did that one video of me spread? I swear if I find the guy who recorded it…

I’d like to see proof of claims made on the Black Rise territories, which no-one had a clue about in terms of their existence (even some of the megacorporations were caught unawares from memory), prior to the surprise assault on the Federation in YC110.

On the contrary, I am still Caldari even though I am in service to the Federal District of Nadire. And you cannot ever take that away from me. No matter how much you say I am not, I am and always will be.

1 Like

It’s not for you to decide who are you. You made your choice, now we call you how you deserved it.
There are nobody more disgusting and amoral than traitors and oathbreakers.
Begone.
You are not one of us.
We don’t need your kind here, and don’t you dare ever equating yourself to Caldari.
You are neither gallente, nor caldari now. Just a pathetic excuse of an irrelevant creature who didn’t even had courage to take own life for committing such a disgrace like treason!
You are below me, you are below Caldari, you’re below all the decent people in our cluster.
I will appreciate if you DON’T address me further. My time is too precious to waste it on someone like you.

That’s fine, just stop pretending to be liberating the people in the way. The contradiction is inescapable.

As I said, there is no contradicton.
The State doesn’t oppress anyone into joining us, unlike tyrannical Federation.
Joining the State is a privilege that people shall earn first.
Getting a job in Mega is not for everyone, we don’t let people in that easy like Federation does.
But those who do join us, get everything they can desire of, provided they work properly.
We do provide security to people in the systems we control, but we don’t force them to stay. These are basic principles of corporations: you don’t conquer people like Federation and don’t hold them in to work like slaves in Empire. You provide possibilities for people, and create environment better than your neighbors, so people choose YOU, so people work for YOU, and so people want to climb ladders in YOUR corporation, and not corporation of your competitor.

One of the worst punishments here in the State is being fired from your corporation, because it cuts you off not just from the wage the corporation pays you, but from all the services and privileges the corporation bestowed to you for your honest work.

In the State, nobody forces anyone to work or stay here. We simply provide the best services in the cluster to make sure people choose us.

This is all lovely but none of it resolves the inherent contradiction between liberating and evicting people.

While highlighting your intellectual inferiority is diverting, Impetus just released a new episode of “Placid’s Greatest Dancer” and I’m more curious to find out whether that young man with the tassels gets through to the next round than this.

1 Like

Evicting is a form of liberating.

Besides, we don’t even force evict people if they don’t break State rules. It’s like: if you wish to stay, you have to obey. If you don’t want to obey, you can go wherever you want, we don’t care. Door is that way.

Lol. A discussion moved away from here in order to complain about the Federation in a dedicated topic pretending to be sincere ends up moving back here, where there is no need to pretend.

The exercise is not completely useless, however. Now we might contrast and compare.

Given that capsuleer planetary facilities are essentially “company towns,” they do seem to naturally line up with what little we understand about how the State runs its affairs. At the very least, the problematic “slave collar” of democracy would not serve as a stumbling block for a colony to sign on to receiving the best services in the cluster.

What is an example of one such service that might convince a colony overlord to choose greater political integration with the State?

We don’t offer political integration. Politics is a waste of time and resources.
We provide business integration, and before we offer you that, we first need to know what you can offer to the State. We don’t need just to attract everyone for the sake of it. We are the best and we need only those who are the best.

But, of course, business integration with State mega can be quite overwhelming for a colony. It’s a new level of logistics, of markets, loans… Mega can offhandedly offer so much funds to the colony that it rebuilds its infrastructure and boosts its profits exponentially. Workers will have apartments built right in places where they works, there will be schools built for their childrens, hospitals, entertainment parks… If the colony will be integrated with the Mega, the Mega will do for workers everything they need so they could print profits for that Mega.

Clearly not. You, yourself, desire the complete destruction of the Federation1. You haven’t gotten that, despite working as hard as you can at it. So obviously, this statement is untrue and thus—by the logic you’ve used about erroneous statements in the past—a lie.

1. And don’t even try to pretend this is incorrect. You’ve spouted the ‘this is why the Federation must be destroyed’ line so many times, it’s been a meme in the capsuleer community for almost a decade, just to mock you with it.

2 Likes

You’re obtuse as usual. If you have wasted trillions and want a huge palace larger than any other palace in the cluster (which means you can’t just buy existing one), you need to build one. You can’t just click your fingers for it to appear in front of you despite you’re so filthy rich. It’s roof shall be placed on walls, and walls shall be placed on solid foundation. And now you make an expression like a petulant child who would approach workers digging a pit for a foundation and crying to them: “WHY IS THERE NO PALACE, IT’S ALL A LIE!!!”

All of which is a lovely little justification for you attempting to push a falsehood.

You can’t even comprehend what has been written to you, can you? Otherwise why would you insist on repeating your nonsense like that like you’re some kind of a broken record?

At scale, all business is politics and all politics are business.

I believe it’s straightforwardly incorrect statement.

Anger is a common way of masking embarrassment, Diana. You got caught peddling an untruth. Just admit it, it’ll be done. There’s no need to be so combative about it. Yelling at me won’t change what you put out there for everyone to see.

If anything, it’s your half-witted remarks looked like yelling, not mine. You couldn’t even comprehend argument and kept crying your nonsence.
Just begone already, you’re embarassing yourself, not me.

See? That’s exactly what I mean. You have to resort to insult as a way to try to shift attention away from the falsehood you tried to tell everyone. That’s not healthy for you. Just come clean and admit the mistake. You’ll feel better.