Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

Certainly we have many jurisdictions in relation to outsiders.

True outsiders that we haven’t met yet fall under the jurisdiction of the Exploration Corps, the outsiders that we are at war with fall under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of War, heretical seccessionists fall under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Internal Order or the Tetrimon, and the outsiders we are at peace with fall under the jurisdiction of the various diplomatic corps in the Empire.

An interesting question is what happens when an outsider group has shown a propensity for hidden elements we haven’t met yet, is officially in a state of limited war with us, is a heretical successionist state, and also has peaceful diplomatic relations with us at the same time. That one really is quite the confounding scenario to unravel.

2 Likes

Isn’t that technically ‘all of humanity that isn’t Amarr’, though?

Largely heathens

No, you are a heathen if you never really were part of Amarr, and heretic and/or secessionist, if you were but decided to leave.

It’s not really such a hard distinction. Seriously.

Right, I get that, and all, but doesn’t the Amarr Scripture say something about how everyone who isn’t Amarr turned away from God? That’d mean that prior to doing so, they were all part of the faith that the Amarr are the heirs of, so… everyone’d be heretical, not heathens.

EDIT: I mean, unless you live in MH. Then you’d be Heathen, too.

The definition comes from the mindset of the individual, not the line. You can be heathen even if your ancestors were heretics, if it was long enough a time ago and you have allowed yourselves to forget.

Wouldn’t that be nullified by the whole Amarr ‘generational sin’ thing, where descendants are equally responsible for the original sin?

Fringe and frankly bad doctrine.

What, like Blarpies?

ETA: I am drunk. And I am being told I should go to bed before someone gets home and figures out I’m drunk. So I am going to bed, so nobody can find out I’m drunk.

What?

I’m telling no tales. You’re on IGS tho.

What what? Like, whatever the original offense for that chain of generational sin was. Ancestor steals something, it’s theft. Your great-great-granddad denied god, the original sin that got your family screwed was heresy, etc etc.

SHHHHH. I won’t notice if you don’t tell them.

Put simply, were sin heritable in the way you speculate, a certain Khanid fool would be correct.

Your family is screwed because you’re no longer part of the Faith hierarchy. That you got into that state because some ancestor was an heretic has no further bearing that I know of, only the situation they got you into. (Thank you Aunts and Uncles, I appreciate it.)

No, Loai’d still be wrong. Slaver hounds aren’t cuddly.

1 Like

I wrote a whole essay on this. [Excubitoris Chapter] God Does Not Forgive: A Rejection of the Recent Concept of Forgivable Generational Inherited Sin

Short answer is “no.”

That is definitely short. But that’s ok! I’ll just find some random handful of FW people to overrule you!

We still, all those years later, have exactly as much independently-verified evidence to support that claim as we do to support a claim that in reality, the murder of thousands of Minmatar public servants, and even the Elder Fleet itself, was all an EoM plot to destabilize the cluster and drive the Empire and Republic into open warfare.

None. There isn’t a single shred of verifiable evidence that the murderers’ claims were accurate. There’s been no investigation of them. No accountability whatsoever.

1 Like

No, it troubles me to see people betray their nations.

1 Like

There isn’t anything to say otherwise either, I choose to believe in the word of the Elders.

That’s a staggering amount of supposition and assumption. I’d love to know what you base it all on. I have heard no leaders or elders of our tribe say they ‘knew nothing of the Elders’, or their existence. Your ignorance doesn’t translate to their ignorance, much like my crew and those under my responsibility remain ignorant of the vast majority of the things I know and act upon.