Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

That is so, ma’am. Here in the State the bloodline matters only for the cases of procreation, and while it defines some of our potential, it’s how we realize this potential matters, if we will be able to use it in a merited and honorable way to make our path and forge our destiny.

Though I would really recommend against trying to convince Larmes in that - I believe it’s quite obvious that instead of trying to learn things about us she just wants to make a nuisance out of herself.

As expected for a CODE fanatic. You should have seen what sort of drivel she was spouting when she was actually in the organization!

The human body is largely a collection of tubes.

I guess we’re just ignoring her behavior at the capsuleer writing contest event last summer, when she refused to acknowledge the legitimacy of my win or even to sit beside me when one of her “friends” invited her to sit with us, all because I am Matari.

4 Likes

I have a post lying around here somewhere saved from the good ol’ DK that highlights, specifically, her feelings toward the Matari. The words therein are not exactly polite, nor appropriate.

1 Like

Moving this here because it is, after all, off-topic, and I don’t want to derail the other any more than we have…

You may misunderstand me slightly, if this is what you took from that. Avarice is not a factor. It doesn’t matter what they seek advantage in. Is it for money? Love? Basic survival needs? To advance an ideology? Whatever the goal, whatever the motivation, if you offer human beings more than a single way to get it, then in general, they will choose the way that best provides for a confluence of laziness, avoidance of personal responsibility, and the opportunity to feel powerful or clever at others’ expense.

It’s as true of cheating in tournaments as it is of politics or religion.

Greed would have served better than avarice, not all things coveted are wealth.
I do prefer when I use the correct word in the first instance. In this case my thanks for the prompt, it was inarticulateness rather than misunderstanding on my part.

It goes so far beyond mere greed, though.

True. I saw sloth and pride described too.

Attempting to label it is attempting to limit it. All of human acitivity, beyond the most basic biological and chemical functions, is riddled with it. Even the idea of virtue itself is just more of the same.

“Perhaps.” A generous notion. There was, at one point, a candidate who stood up for the impoverished, minority cultures, veterans. Spoke face to face with concerns of the people struggling, long abandoned by Villore. With the election looming, the crowds she drew kept growing. Then the Senate decided that billions of citizens not only couldn’t vote for her, but shouldn’t “participate” at all. Was just a punk kid ten years ago, but I remember the talk. A generation had learned their lesson. The Syndicate, Serpentis… they grew with new “participants” in the months following. A simple arithmetic.

1 Like

Yes, that’s why I ended on that point. As a citizen of a Placid State myself, I’m sure we agree that the YC112 ‘No Vote’ law was a travesty that underlines the importance of electoral participation.

1 Like

I am sorry. Quick on reply button. Should have moved here earlier.

Alienated people don’t just dissapear, they’ll start antagonizing the percieved cause of the alienation and often grow sympathetic to anyone who is also in opposition.

Hey Firestorm, did Kim give you permission to speak? Just curious.

After reading my students essays, I had a grilled cheese sandwich and a glass of wine, then went to bed.

A few hours later, I awoke from a nightmare in which I had a horrifying vision of a hideous twisted version of the IGS where the topics of slavery, the Caldari-Gallente conflict, religion, and King Khanid, were all neatly contained within their own threads, and not splattered messily over half the forum.

It was terrifying.

For reference, 15mm thick slices of fourgrain bread, goat butter, hard cow cheese, with a sprinkling of mixed Udorian herbs. And a 50cl glass of Chanounian spiced wine.

2 Likes

Hey troll, nobody gave you permission to speak.
Back to your hiding hole, now!

1 Like

I’m scared to ask about the context for this…

She’s just a disrespectful person who poisons forums with obscenities and personal attacks. And I am not particularly happy with people like her bringing in my name out of blue.

… gods and spirits …

Ms. Firestorm and Ms. Kim are pretty close, and Ms. Firestorm often comes to Ms. Kim’s defense. This leads to people who don’t like Ms. Kim mocking Ms. Firestorm as Ms. Kim’s “sock puppet.”

That’s pretty much it.

Talk about my damn sandwich you uncultured oafs.