Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

Oh sh-… there’s two of them now.

1 Like

Those “fellow profit-mongers” are the official intergalactic authority of the entire New Eden. Even the outer alliances recognize that. Those didn’t recognized your claims while they did to the Caldari ones. So it’s also recognized that you will be treated as criminals in the entire New Eden.

This morning, I was going to have a sandwich, but I realised that under the opportunity cost economic theory, the sandwich would cost a minimum of 8 million ISK, given the time necessary to contemplate, make, consume, and savour such a sandwich.

So I purchased a motion capture suit and panoramic holocamera system, and filmed myself preparing and eating the sandwich, which had two different kinds of smoked meats, and two different kinds of cheese in it. I then contacted an Impetus Entertainment subsidy dealing with machine-generated imaging, and sold the footage I had taken of myself, for a lump sum and small royalty fee, as stock_anim_generic_amarr_female_capuleer_sandwich.anim, for which I earned 8.1m ISK by the time I finished truly savouring my sandwich, making the sandwich not merely revenue-neutral, but profitable.

6 Likes

You do not address my point but reaffirm it.

CONCORD have their power because they wield a big stick that we capsuleers are forced to pay for whether we like it or not. Yet they are glad to take money from those they call ‘criminals’ and the proceeds of their ‘crimes’ in sales taxes and will then blow up their ships to force them to spend more on taxes. I have explained why this is a conflict of interest and should not be trusted here and in subsequent comments.

I do not profit from my policing - I do it for the greater good. Therefore I would consider the claims of the New Order morally more legitimate than those of CONCORD.

Ok…

Ok but face the consequences that until the CONCORD will be the official intergalactic authority, you will be treated as criminals.

You stated you personally purchased the filming equipment needed to make this animation, but have not shown the costs. Are you intending to use this method of capturing you eating the sandwich multiple times to cover the cost, or was this a one time affair? If so, does the amount you earn reflect this cost or not? It would not truly be profit making if you take into consideration the expense of conducting this business and apply that to the income.

1 Like

By the next time I make a sandwich, it will be profitable. After all I am a capsuleer etc etc. And material goods that would be expensive for baseliners are trivial. Or something.

I’m not going to create a damn spreadsheet every time I want a freaking cheese and ham sandwich.

1 Like

You do it because you get a kick out of it.

Just drop the act. You want to have a laugh running a protection racket and ganking capsuleers, have at it, but drop the ■■■■■■■■ spin machine. It’s tiring to read.

7 Likes

Of course I enjoy what I do. It gives me a great feeling of self-worth as I know I am making the cluster better. Do you not enjoy what you do? If so, I sympathise.

I don’t see how enjoying something invalidates its morality, however.

There’s nothing moral about what you are doing. There’s also far worse, but don’t delude yourself. You’re salt farmers - salt miners, dare say - not galactic heroes.

1 Like

Yes. It takes the idea of motivated reasoning into the territory of comedy, or tragedy, or both.

1 Like

I have to say I greatly despise those, who enjoy something at the expense of hurting by words or deed any innocent bystanders.

Oh, cmon, stop that hypocrisy. One who commit here ad-hominem attack is you, insulting and lying about me, calling me a pirate.
Unlike you I didn’t call you criminal, and I clarified that in previous post, that I lack information to claim that, I only said that you a criminal only if you violate the law.

But I guess after that I have to switch to ad hominems, since people like you don’t understand civil behavior.

Besides, Nevyn is just a psycho, using arguments of a rambling idiot in your posts doesn’t add you any value, quite counterwise.

When we have claimed our systems, we damn well secured them.
When you lay claim on any of our systems, your ships burn like paper flies.

Wake up and open your eyes, none of high security system belongs to you, your ships there are mere annoyance, unable to hold any authority or security whatsoever, CONCORD and pilots like me mop floors with your ships.

As for null security outreach program, that might work, actually. You CAN lay claims on these systems if you pay rent to CONCORD… provided you will be able to fight off other capsuleers who will try to contest your claim. But in high security against any major Empire? You’d have to be vegetable-minded to consider that your puny organization can shift any of the Empires at least from single one high security system.

You are not in our caliber, we will just step on you and squish you without noticing - and so far, CONCORD was excelling in doing that.

Capsuleers are under CONCORD authority. CONCORD has well suited ships for that and high response teams. We pay CONCORD to do that job, just as CONCORD pays capsuleers to kill other pirates. What is important - that in the end the job is done and the law is enforced.

So far none of your ship enforcing your pseudo-law survived attack on innocent, being utterly obliterated by CONCORD. It means our laws work and your ships die whenever you try to “enforce” anything.

Besides, both me and our Navy would gladly assist CONCORD in killing CODE ships. I would do that at any opportunity myself, it’s just CONCORD are so efficient in upholding the law, that CODE ships pop even before we will come.

Again, I don’t say directly you’re a criminal, I say you will be criminal if you violate CONCORD law in high security space, whether you did that or no - you know it better. I am not a prosecutor, I am executor. If CONCORD will say you’re criminal, I’ll just shoot down your ships, and considering what type of ships CODE flies in high security space, you really will stand no chance against me.

As for breaching your laws, I don’t really come to YOUR space, isn’t it so? Your laws in OUR highsec simply don’t work and attempt to enforce them will be met with obliterations of criminals trying to enforce them.

First.
I don’t have “my own” laws. I enforce laws of State.
Second.
Only State authority can tell me if I can enforce any laws or not. You can tell anything I can do or not, but be damn sure I’ll ignore any of your words when I will be deciding on my actions. You have no authority to tell me what to do, nor you have any ability even to try to enforce me into doing or not doing something. Admit it.
Third.
To be a slanderer I would have to say any lie. Are there any lies I have said? I would apologize for that if that is so, since it is unbecoming of Caldari Officer. But so far I don’t see anything that I have said incorrect.
And fourth.
Since you dared to claim I was a slanderer or a criminal without direct evidences for that, you have yourself become and slanderer and insulted my honor. With that I challenge you to fight. Pick your weapon of choice, if you have honor. I fight either in ships in low security space (or State high security space) or in person on any planet or Station in Caldari State territory that is not occupied (but can be contested) by hostile faction.

So how’s about them drifters?

What Drifters?

Little punks ran away faster’n Vlad’s crew.

Words. For they seem to have wounded you most grievously already.

1 Like

Drifters you say?

Words can’t really protect your Honor, showing you as a weakling who can only speak but unable to actually stand for what you say.

Besides that, haven’t I already crushed your arguments? Would you like me to repeat that? I can do that with ease, but your inability to pick proper weapon tells a lot. That sort of behavior is actually expected from criminals. Yet, I’ll humor you.

Go ahead, and show me your best with your “words”, dishonorable weakling!

1 Like

I get the impression, Ms Kim, that others are growing tired of us controlling the conversation with our quarrel. I could explain how you are wrong in as much detail as possible and as my words shake your grasp onto your dogma, the more violently you shall react.

But I shall rise above.

I wish not to lower myself to baseless accusations of those who have attempted to avoid the Justice of James 315 that we act through desire to, as Samira put it, “mine salt”. I have provided well argued and reasoned justifications to the motivations, motives and movements of an Agent of the New Order.

So, for now, I shall wish you adieu, Ms Kim. But please rest assured that I shall be taking a particular interest in your ‘career’ from this point forward. I wish you the very best of luck.

Which I believe I have countered all already, showing them to bear no merit whatsoever, isn’t it so?

Except this is an off-topic discussion and everything goes. You could always make your own thread.

I should remind you, that it was you who first degraded yourself to use ad hominem attacks about me. Unlike you, I countered you with quite logical arguments, thus speaking about “violent reactions” and “grasping onto your dogma”, really, these words describe your argumentations times better than mine, taking everything into account. Would you agree?

We are Caldari, and while discussing everything we are trying to perceive things as they are without any subjective interpretations. What I heard about you is… not so much.

It was your choice to fight on “words”. I was disappointed you couldn’t fight for what you stand, but now I see you lack even capability to speak for what you stand. That’s pity, but very well expected, considering how easy your arguments are crumbled into dust.

When you can’t bear Honor, your words dissipate away as lies even without me countering them, I hope you understand that.

Let this be a lesson to you.