Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

Well, Commander, one should always be respectful – after all, if one must kill another it costs nothing to be polite.

There should always be a sense of courtesy and decorum if one must fight, verbally or otherwise.

1 Like

May I query one thing about your statement, Ms Kim? Were everyone to think that way, wouldn’t everyone become what you describe as ‘offensive jerks’ as everyone would have given up on each other?

I honestly believe that, just as the respect and honour you speak about in Caldari society must be earned through hard work, so it must also be redeemable. If someone slights you, you needn’t treat them well but surely it’s best for business to give them another chance to prove their merit?

1 Like

No. I repeat, because when people offend each other by mistake they could simply bring apologies. I don’t write people as “offensive jerk” if they simply say something wrong about me. I might ignore it once or twice, or I might counter them about that to see their reaction. But once they just do that on a regular basis or refuse to correct their mistake after I confronted them - I write them off as said persons.

Just because the first part is trying to be polite and respectful to people you talk with, not being vindictive for a slight offense. Look, study, poke - then you will see who they are. Act with honor and diligence, without trying to assume things about other speaker, without degrading yourself with snide comments - if everyone do that it will be quite counterwise, there will be nobody treating anyone as “offensive jerk” at all.

I give everyone a chance if I feel they approach me with good intention and if they want to fix the damage they caused. Well, technically… almost everyone. I won’t be interested in building amicable relations with obvious enemies of Caldari State - members of TLF, FDU, Gurista Pirates, Sansha Nation, etc.

What is the new story arc in this wonderful play?

Is Aria imploding or exploding with all the things happening inside? Is Arrendis more affectionate toward fellow capsuleers in IGS? Kim is not proposing Gallente … something to meke them less than now?

Ahahahahahahahahaha.

A typical reply of someone who doesn’t really deserve it.

So, that’s Arrendis’s constructive role, Ms. des Larmes. She doesn’t quit, though, and our moral and value systems don’t match up. When Arrendis mocks me for not listening, it’s because she’s been trying to get me to accept certain points, restated by now probably literally a hundred times in different ways, that I just don’t accept.

It’s not that I don’t know the dance by now. I knew it the third time if not the first, and it was old by the tenth.

Our value systems differ. I’m okay with that, but, she’s not, so she keeps pressing. Also, she finds persisting in arguments ad absurdum amusing-- which it can be, but basically as long as the argument’s going she doesn’t get tired of it. I don’t argue only for argument’s sake, so, it gets exhausting after a while.

And that’s leaving aside the question of how much of what she says she really means, how much is a thought experiment, and how much is, well, fictional propaganda. That’s a question I’ll be revisiting probably over time; broken trust is hard to fix, whether the perceived break was real or not.

This isn’t an opinion I formed on the basis of knowing her a month or even a year, Ms. des Larmes. I’ve known her most of the time I have memories from.

We were friends.

Moving forward, well, we’ll see.

1 Like

I am sorry you had a friend like that.

So instead of

what you really mean is

Gotcha.

No, it’s because you very publicly tell yourself that you seek to understand… but somehow, every time you try to throw things back in peoples’ faces… you get it wrong. You don’t listen. If you did, you might hear. You might actually understand.

Now, if you find that statement ‘mean’ or ‘abusive’, and you want me to stop refuting incorrect things you say about me… stop talking about me, in front of me.

Edit: oh, and if that last bit seems at all familiar, I cribbed it from the general thrust of Elsebeth’s complaint.

1 Like

Only complete troll like you could modify other person quote to make it untrue but corresponding to your narrow-minded deluded opinion of that person.

Yet, I consider your attempt at putting your words into my mouth just a blatant lie and slander of other person.

It is a criminal offense. And for committing such offense you will be dealt with not just like another forum troll, but as a criminal suspect.

@Melisma_Ramijozana. You can put your weapons down and surrender to a tribunal of State Protectorate officers or will be fired upon shall you appear in the warzone in a capsule interfaced ship, which can be consiredered as an armed vessel disregarding of having actual weapons installed or not.

And have a nice jam.

Hey now, you’re the one who tried to invalidate my honest win of the writing contest by making me look like some caricature of an unintelligent clan idiot.

That was our first-ever interaction, so don’t say you found me to be wanting for any reason other than your unfounded opinion that I wasn’t worthy of the prize.

But sure, you’re totally right. I’m the problem here, and I’ll turn myself into the State right after I finish this omelette.*

*sarcasm.

I don’t know what are you talking about, but whatever it was - it will not excuse you for the crime you have just committed. You WILL have to answer to it, one way or another.

I don’t care about any prizes, only about the crimes you have committed.

If you wish to surrender yourself to the justice, you can contact my FO to organize the surrender. You can find all required contact details in a NeoCom visitor’s page of any of my active docked ships.
You may as well surrender to other Protectorate captains, but you will have to supply the details of your crime and provide a contact to an officer who has issued the warrant (myself).

I hate to break this to you, but capsuleer irregulars do not issue warrants. Certainly not against subjects of nations outside their own.

1 Like

Also, grrrring at you on a message board, even if we’re watched, ain’t exactly the most heinous of crimes.

It’s not like say… attacking regions of Amarr space, such as Providence.

Kerfuffle with her on the forums if you wanna, but don’t pretend some big crime was committed.

3 Likes

As a soldier of Caldari State and officer of Caldari State Protectorate I have an executive power to engage in combat against enemies of Caldari State and apprehend criminals. It is standard procedure for crime prevention and rapid response. Of course, only the court session can properly issue a sentence for you and her.

Grrring is certainly not a crime.
Public announcement that I have said something that I haven’t by modifying what I actually said - it is.

She didn’t frame her edited comment as something you said, she framed it as what she thought you meant. While that may be subjective, it’s not illegal.

1 Like

Don’t bother. Just don’t.

4 Likes

A fase claim what I mean combined with editing of my quote.

Also why would you play an advocate for someone intending a commit a crime against Amarr Empire as well?