Omega Should Include Alpha for FREE aswell

No, when the character is active, as in being logged in, it’s Omega. Or a simple ‘Click’ option on the character selection screen can designate that.

The 5 mill SP’s are indeed free, all Alpha accounts get that. They pay nothing for it and have access to a large percentage of game content, for freaking free…

Just exactly what’s wrong with Omega account characters that have low to no skill points receiving the same benefits that Alpha accounts get for free?

Why not? A simple ‘click’ on the character selection screen can designate that.

I would assume it would only apply to training. Your PI alt could do PI AND train alpha skills if you haven’t hit the alpha SP cap. It would be automatic… if your main is training Omega (remember, Omega is both the skills AND the speed), if you were to log in a secondary, you’d be able to start training any alpha skill at alpha speed. If you paused training on your main, I’d assume you’d need to log back on that secondary and pause/restart to do an alpha/omega check. However, specifics like that are up to CCP. As well as deciding if the whole thing would be worth it in the first place. Maybe the whole thing really would be super dev expensive and not worth the effort. Maybe it’d be super easy and a single dev could knock it out in their 20% time. I don’t know. I think it’s an okay enough idea to be worth CCP investigating though.

1 Like

You can already do it with MCT.

What is so tough to understand? Talking about giving the other characters on an Omega account that don’t have skills trained the ability to train up skills at Alpha status, without spending MORE money on a PAID account.

Everyone wants to have Alpha accounts do everything in-game for free. Where’s the love for paid Omega accounts? Adding a little extra to the Omega accounts will help entice Alpha accounts to sub. All the constant squeezing of more money for Omega accounts only discourages subscriptions…

Perhaps, but it also de-incentivizes subbing two accounts, and MCT.

1 Like

Actually I’d be more inclined to purchase MCT’s after my other characters on my paid Omega account reached max Alpha SP’s.

Right now I see no reason whatsoever to waste money on purchasing MCT for those characters when the skills they’ll train are basically the same skills that Alpha characters get for free.

But isn’t this also wanting something for free that currently costs money? That seems to be the case. So really is it incentive for others to go omega or is some one just trying to get more free out of nothing?

A lot of us seem to think it is the latter. But then again we are use to our way because that was the way it’s always been. If you wanted 2 trained accounts you either paid for 2 subscriptions and transferred a character once done or you simply trained slower because you trained both characters on one account.

As for what is best for CCP’s bottom line, no clue. We would need far more data then we have like how many MTC are bought and used.

But isn’t that what Alphas themselves are? Besides, CCP already has set a precedent of reducing the initial costs of getting alts started, notably through the old Power of 2 specials they used to run. So “the way it’s always been” has always been fairly fluid. Shoot, assuming the development is easy enough, they could run it as a special for a couple months to see how it plays out, and if it’s profitable, make it permanent.

1 Like

That was before Extractors.

To put it bluntly, extractors “cock-block” changes to MCT, as it would lead to SP swamping the market.

Um what? There has recently been major sales on mptc and skill extractors. There are massive skill farms in existence. I was expecting that skill injectors would drop in price from this massive influx of sp farm inputs. That didn’t happen. The SP hasnt swamped the market. The market appears to have absorbed it all.

1 Like

… what?

Yeah, my thoughts exactly when I read your post.

What exactly was your post that I quoted trying to say?

That your post makes no sense.

The first post that I quoted about sp swamping…what was that supposed to be saying?

1 Like

If MCT was changed to be cheaper, it would lead to more SP introduction.
That was what the first post that you quoted refered to.

Also, SP could not be sold before Extractors, except by selling a character.

Do you see now?

Please don’t talk to it. That thing has gotten 2 threads closed in the past 2 days. It just says something stupid, argues about it, then the whole thread goes down the toilet. It’s been doing it for years.

4 Likes

Stop.

I’m not an “it” or a “thing”.
I’m not responsible for what happened in the two locked threads.
I didnt cause them to be locked. False flaggers and trolls did.

The point was that there was a major sale on MPTCs and yet injectors pricing has been flat. SP injectors have not swamped the market.

However looking at the MPTC price chart, I see that the sale wasn’t as far back as I thought it was. Any new sp farms that might have started up wouldn’t be producing extractable sp yet.

1 Like

The point is that MCT already allows for training two characters on an account at once, whether the account is Omega or Alpha.

As to SP influx, if MCT becomes cheaper (and it already is cheaper than Omega for PLEX), then that will result in more SP in the game, and the market.

If you want to train two characters, BUY A MCT.
Its that simple, and already here, right now, in the game and system.