On the Reclamation of Floseswin

I intend to.

I doubt it. You’ll stay in your well-demarked little ‘war zone’, in space all four empires handed over to CONCORD a decade ago, while the systems the Empire and Republic actually care about ignore your existence.

And you’ll continue to be completely irrelevant to anyone and everyone outside of that little fishbowl.

3 Likes

I heard similar rhetoric during my service on the Derelik Marches during the Vindication Wars. My resolve to do God’s Will on Crusade remains.

How melodramatic.

It is also completely wrapped in a false hope that the Empire is decrepit and bound to crumble.

I do love it when an enemy underestimates us.

2 Likes

Crumble? No, Aldrith, far from it. The Empire is going to fuse into concrete, forever owned by Garkeh Khanid.

2 Likes

Which you also failed to pursue to the end, or win, achieving only a proxy war for a puppet ruler while the Empire proper sat on its fat ass.

There seems to be a pattern here.

3 Likes

The Mandate still exists, despite the best efforts of the Republic to destroy our Ammatar allies.

I would call that a win.

2 Likes

So does the Republic.

2 Likes

For now.

Like I said, seems to be a pattern here.

1 Like

Not to quote Aldreth, but: I do love it when an enemy underestimates us.

3 Likes

Meh, ignore that fool Fereyd. He’s just another mewling slaver sycophant thumping his sunken chest.

Arrendis, Elsebeth and Tyrel have pretty much said what needs to be said.

We are Matari, we will endure.

4 Likes

While I only speak for myself here, I certainly do not underestimate the lengths the Matari will go to in their attempts to destroy the Empire. It is part of the reason why I believe strength but also restraint must be shown in Floseswin, lest you get further ideas about the methods and avenues available to you in pursuit of your goals.

The Tribes are an existential threat to the Empire and Rite. This necessitates aggressive pacification and deterrence as part of Imperial foreign policy. The Empress divined the Pax e Kilizhi Do to allow the Empire to rearm and reorganise for the wars to come. I would like to believe the true war on the horizon is with the common enemies of New Eden, including the Blood Raiders, Sansha’s Nation, Drifters and Triglavians. However, it must be made clear that these forces may be brought to bear against other threats to the Empire’s existence and the peace of New Eden, especially the former Republic and its self-crowned tyrant.

I regret the suffering caused by such proofs of will, but I can no longer argue with the logic of them. I thought our wars to be over, but they clearly are not. If I must fight those wars to finally end them, then I shall. So it goes.

If you wish the suffering to end as I do, then we must look to the Inner Circle and other diplomatic arenas for a temporary salvation from our ancient conflicts. This goes for the Federation and Caldari Megacorporations alike. All of our nations have come under attack from greater threats than one another. This is why the Yulai Accords were signed. This is why they must stand and be strengthened. We cannot afford to pursue grudges or re-open wounds any longer. Everyone knows this in the end; the only question to be answered on Floseswin IV is who must swallow their pride and offer their hand first.

Duty dictates we try to make ‘our’ side the victor in this diplomatic game. I question if it truly matters at this point, but perform my duty I shall. So shall you. Just remember, today’s enemy is tomorrow’s ally. As capsuleers, we should all be able to appreciate that concept. Just be willing to keep your tongues behind your teeth when the moment comes.

3 Likes

‘There’s bigger proiblems out there, and we can’t afford to pursue grudges. So I 100% support Arrach Sarum’s decision to ignore the Trigs and focus on his grudge.’

Maybe the proper way to ‘offer a hand’ would have been not to start punching bystanders in the first place.

4 Likes

The Matari have been making bolder and bolder provocations for the past twenty years. And I am not speaking of the common minor incursions that happen daily. I am speaking about a major mutiny that occurred due to dissatisfaction with peaceable ‘appeasement’ diplomacy, one major invasion, one terrorist attack meant to claim the life of our Empress, and clear intervention in at least two major rebellions caused by Blood Raiders.

The Matari have proven several times they have absolutely no issue with ‘punching bystanders’ so long as they are Amarr. Cumulatively, millions of Imperial citizens (and slaves, mind you) have died as a result of various Minmatar factions striking out at us. A single relatively controlled military escalation on a single planet within a designated warzone is a more than generous signal that this behaviour will not be tolerated any longer.

3 Likes

So, not to burst your bubble while you assign motives and will invariably claim later that you were never speaking of intent… you’re full of crap. Again.

This ‘single relatively controlled military escalation’… hang on a sec, how is initiating a campaign against civilians an ‘escalation’? What was being escalated on the groun there? Was ‘faithful and heathens living on the same planet in relative peace’ escalated to ‘murder your neighbors in the name of military leaders who don’t give a crap about you on either side’? Are you calling that ‘escalation’? Because I call that ‘inciting murder’… but I digress…

Whatever we call it, it wasn’t undertaken as a ‘signal that this behavior will not be tolerated any longer’. It was undertaken as a signal to Amarr capsuleers that Arrach Sarum wasn’t going to tolerate you guys thinking you had any say in where you fight or why.

I mean, we just went through this in Off-Topic where you tried to claim this was all about forcing CONCORD to get off their butts and do their jobs… then immediately insisted that you totally weren’t saying it was about anything. And now here you are, once again trying to spin this so that it’s anything that could be considered ‘a plan’, rather than ‘Arrach Sarum found out Amarr capsuleers in the area he’s responsible for were conspiring with Ushra’Khan and threw himself a hissy fit, in public’.

That’s it. That’s all this ‘escalation’ has ever been about: Arrach Sarum’s hurt fefe and backfiring efforts to save face.

4 Likes

You are making a number of empty assumptions here that have no valid point.

If you truly believe Lord Arrach Sarum to be incompetent, I welcome that assessment. Your underestimations will cost you.

Such as? I mean, the declaration and what prompted it are public record. You’re the one who keeps trying to make it into something else.

Should I apologise for my ability to read between lines, or should you apologise for playing dumb?

Because if you really believe that is all this is about, you are mentally deficient and I should be ashamed for treating you the same as anyone else.

2 Likes

I believe that is exactly what it is about, and that everything else is just desperate attempts to justify obedience to a pathetic, insecure man-child and tell yourself that of course there’s a greater plan at play. Of course those in power really have a good reason for what they’re doing. There’s no need to actually make your own decisions about the morality of supporting large-scale attacks on civilians. Why, that would be silly.

Edit: and let’s be clear here, Aldrith: I assert that that’s what it’s about because Sarum said so. If you want to claim there’s more at play, great! Let’s see the actual evidence, not just your feeble need to cling to the tattered remains of ‘Arrach Sarum will save us, we didn’t just hand a bunch of Thukker bounty hunters 200b because we’re dumb’.

2 Likes