On the Reclamation of Floseswin

Awesome. You go first since, you know, you invaded Floseswin and started kidnapping the civilian population to enslave them and then used WMDs on those you couldn’t kidnap.

5 Likes

On Floseswin, the Amarr to offer peace would say: “Ok, fine, sorry about attacking you, we’re taking that back and going home. Here are the people we took, you can have them back.”

The Minmatar, to offer peace on Floseswin, would say: “We’re sorry for fighting back when you attacked our world, please kill and enslave our kin as you please, we will stop resisting.”

The situation is far from symmetrical.

7 Likes

Regretfully, it seems you are still unwilling to accept political reality.

So it goes.

Sadly, the Amarr religion is warped enough that the indoctrinated would actually view that as a reasonable response to be expected of us. :unamused:

2 Likes

‘Sorry for invading, attempting to assassinate your Empress and prolonging two rebellions’

Drop the hypocrisy, your criminal Republic does not have clean hands.

2 Likes

Yes, I’m sure those civilians on Floseswin IV were all personally involved in each of those events.

2 Likes

What were the civilians on Mekhios responsible for?

1 Like

Besides the few “True” Amarr fighting for the system. The system is mostly defended by pirates being fronted by some irrelevant Amarr wanna be… laughs, couldn’t make it up… oh wait

2 Likes

About as guilty as those that inhaled insorum on more than a few Amarr worlds.

Such is war, Arrendis. If you want such things to end, you come to terms, abide by them and not say things like “the war never ended”.

You convinced me I was wrong to assume it had. This is what it looks like when both sides come to that conclusion. I hope you enjoy the reward of winning that argument.

1 Like

Apparently, they were responsible for the Amarr proclivity for false equivalencies. Last time I checked, none of the actual belligerents in the incidents you’ve described were saying ‘No, really, we initiated this offensive against non-combatants so we could ge peace’ the way Aldrith keeps trying to.

1 Like

War should always be conducted with an eye towards the resultant peace. Otherwise they threaten to never end.

Frequently though I disagree with you, I’m used to you presenting more robust arguments.

Mekhios was attacked ostensibly to liberate slaves, Floseswin to gain leverage in a trade dispute; in both cases force was used in the attempt of achieving a goal the aggressor thought merited it, and those harmed were largely bystanders. However great my respect for Lord Newelle, his opinion has no bearing on that equivalence.

As for whether it is in the pursuit of peace, His Grace’s motivations are not mine to know. But I believe this action would have been far less likely had it not been for two decades of republic provocations; provocations up until now which had been left unanswered out of the respect in which his successors held His Majesty Emperor Heideran’s aspirations.

1 Like

Oh, please. It’s bad enough Aldrith’s continuing to spout his lies, but now you’re parroting him? Floseswin was not attacked to gain leverage in a trade dispute. Any plans to use it as such only occurred after the fact:

Even the public-facing, crafted-the-next-day position of House Sarum was that it was a response to Militia corruption. It’s only xer Qosh, caught on the way into an Inner Circle meeting that was plainly a reaction to Sarum’s actions, that starts tying it to the sanctions.

So no, it doesn’t matter how many of you decide to lie about it, this was not about the sanctions. This was not about ‘peace’. This was about Arrach Sarum’s face playing host to a very large egg.

1 Like

You seem very adamant about this.

But Arrendis, are we not all liars? Do we not all hide ulterior motives within couched words and false signals? Would it truly be beyond Lord Arrach Sarum to hide the true intentions of the invasion beneath such a veneer? I mean, surely a man who rose through the ranks of House Sarum from a disgraced position, building with his own merits a highly accomplished military and political career, would be capable of making an informed decision completely regardless of some uppity capsuleers that are irrelevant to the actual workings of the world.

Wait. Wait a moment, I seem to have forgotten something.

Dear Lord, please forgive me. I am sorry for expecting too much of this pitiful creature. Have mercy upon her, O God, for she knoweth not what she speaks of any longer. Her tongue has tied itself into so many knots she knoweth not which narrative she must call upon to slander your servants with today. I pray she is washed of her formless rage, and that her spitting may make sense once more. Perhaps she might even find you, my Lord. In the end, Amarr shall be vindicated, and I hope to see her kneel in tears before your awesome Truths. One day, one day.

Attempting to distort the facts is easier when you don’t present them to your audience, the response to the allegations was to tell the crusade to do their job, then going on to assign specific objectives. I think it’s far more likely the timing was connected His Grace’s increased prerogative as a Sword-Marshal than a man with a reputation for loyal and diligent service to the Empire suddenly developing a thin skin.

More than that though, there is nothing in what happened subsequently that remotely supports your tenuous assertion; it was promptly signalled that alleviation of sanctions would bring the Empire to the table, several weeks were allowed in which the Republic was able to consider that offer, when action was eventually taken it was with political support from the wider Empire, and when it stalled the forces of two Royal Heirs deployed to assist those of Lord Sarum.

Could you explain to me which part of this appears to be one man’s fit of pique?

1 Like

Spare us your mock pity, slaver. You know of and want only two things; blood and conquest. Whether it’s my people’s or your leadership sending you and yours to their deaths, this is the essence of what one capsuleer rightly called the “slavery death cult” that is your religion.

I once believed that there were elements in your people (yourself included) who truly wished for peaceful coexistence. However, your current stance has convinced me otherwise.

Of course we fight you in Floseswin, just as we would fight you anywhere in Republic space. While you fight for your god and glory, we fight for the very survival of our people.

Maybe it is we Matari who should pity you, slaver Newelle. You once had morals and integrity.

2 Likes

So exactly how many times do I have to link back to the exact message before I’m considered to be presenting it to my audience?

Who said anything about suddenly developing a thin skin? He got put in charge of the area. Almost right away, it came to light that people in his theater were conspiring with the enemy. And he responds to that with the orders for planetary Reclaiming.

That’s one man’s pique. Other Heirs waiting long enough for Sarum to bog down and look weak before they step in to solidify that impression of weakness by sending armed assets into Sarum’s Imperial Military Circuit doesn’t exactly help him.

However… I have to get ready to be sociable and have fun. So I won’t be responding until I sober up… I dunno, Tuesday, if I’m lucky?

1 Like

Thank the Lord, our prayers are answered.

I’M NOT DRUNK YET, YA GIBBON! LEMME GET DRUNK BEFORE YOU GO GETTING SNIPPY WITH IMPUNITY!

Edit: m’drnk nao, get nippy.

4 Likes

You have always been good at making the Amarr seem to be the victim, even while your Lords and soldiers invade our planets to take our people and put them in chains, a morally-dismissible pastime of your nation in years gone by. You’re not fooling anyone.

2 Likes