Ongoing login issues!

And what about the Market issue in game that appeared at the same time?

1 Like

Could this have something to do with the new triglavian technology? It is starting to look like it’s manifesting itself through code and attacking players

1 Like

I am able to login now for the last several hours.

2 Likes

Can we have an update from CCP?

Since August 1, I can not go into the game, after the start the window with this error appears, the game reinstalled, the registry and temporary files were cleaned, vpn did not help.

No, a support request to Customer Support at https://support.eveonline.com/. I’m not a part of the Login Server team.

1 Like

Confirmed.

It’s very regrettable that some players are affected and we are working with our DDoS Mitigation partner on these issues and we will be taking a close look at them this week.

2 Likes

They are completely unrelated and only affecting one market region out of 83.

1 Like

I must say that I’m waiting for my reimbursement. They say they will reimburse me, I’m just waiting to see if it is 100% (ship+fit+implants).

This is trully a piece of sunshine in my dark EVE times in last couple of weeks!

Thanx in advance EVE team! :slight_smile:

To follow up, here’s August so far (blue line) compared to the week before (red line). You can see the impact of the DDoS attack on 1 Aug before we activated the DDoS Mitigation and while we fine-tuned it throughout the first night. After that there are limited issues, not visible in the overall online numbers and there are more players online this week (blue) than last week (red):

pcu

5 Likes

I did some thing a little different and so far I am still testing it. Although I can be online more than five to ten minutes before the ‘socket is closed’.

Again, I did this off my own back and if you chose to do this yourself I take zero responsibility. What I did:

1. Opened Command Prompt as Administrator.
  2. typed in netsh winsock reset
  3. Restarted my PC.

I am not stating that everything is 100% nor am I shouting out loud - my sh!t is fixed. Though, I do see some results that are better than five to ten minutes - socket closed. Thought to share… that’s all.

I’ve got this problem before DDos… way before

like 2 yours… If you can log in and than you get socket out… maybe your upload speed is not enough !

check that

Still no word on a fix. Cant login. May finally win eve :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thanks for the graph! It tells us a lot more than just “more players online this week than last week.”

The fact that the general shape is the same compared to last week reveals that this was not an issue that was isolated to a single region/timezone and that its effect was rather constant.

However, while the small variance from last week is suggestive of this issue effecting a relatively small % of the player base, more data is needed to establish such. If last week connectivity was bad, then this week being similar still means it’s bad. If more people are trying to connect at any given time this week compared to last week, then this graph would indicate a drop in connectivity. Unfortunately, it fails to tell us how many people were actually struggling to connect - at least without more data.

I’d think something like rate of connectivity related support tickets filed would be a better indication of how many people are struggling to connect, and whether or not it is exceptional (when compared to historical context like you have done here).

Sorry, the data scientist in me couldn’t resist…

I had this issue the other day. I had to go into my router and shut off IPv6. This fixed the issue. Seems there are some issues with IPv6 DNS propagation for some ISP. Hope this helps some people.

1 Like

@CCP_Explorer can we get feedback on the support tickets that were logged, in some instances, days ago in my case. I provided all information requested, such as IP and launcher logs. There has been no feedback at all except above generic comments about how there are more players online. This does not help those of that have been kicked off.

Who was in charge of feeding the hamsters ? :stuck_out_tongue:

socket closes every 5 minutes or so … ^^
No missions, and no nothing in fact …

At a beta stage of a game that would be understandable. But after 15 years ? come on …

1 GB optical fiber connection not fast enough ? Hmm… OK :wink:

Unitymedia is not yet Voodafone… :slight_smile:

The thing is, the IPv6 implementations of Unitiymedia via the DS-Lite Stacks leads to the situation that many customer requests seem to come via a singe IPv4 address for CCP. It is a kind of reverse proxy solution…
So if a bad guy is in your segment of Unitymedia CCP blocks 1 IP and 1000 good guys are affected…

@CCP_Explorer

CCP ExplorerSenior Development Director
9h

And what about the Market issue in game that appeared at the same time?

They are completely unrelated and only affecting one market region out of 83.

Can you give us any explanation about this issue? It is re-occuring since Friday/Saturday and I see neither an explantion nor the issue fixed…

2 Likes