Operational: Ending Life on Pator IV...with Triglavian Trinary Datastreams

well there yah go, and so long as he’s fiddling around with the trinary datastreams trying to turn them into a weapon, based solely on concord making a vague statement that they “may” be dangerous, but obviously not considering them enough of a risk to actually attempt to purchase any of them back. I say let him, its a far safer thing for him to be focusing his attention on in the long run. if he somehow miraculously succeeds, then hell, maybe it was an act of god.
but of course, the jovians could always return and be sick of our ■■■■ and wipe us all out, i’d rank that as being slightly more probable than him making any real progress.
in the meantime, i’m happy to sell him slaves, datastreams, or anything else he needs so long as it keeps him busy, and focused on less promising tasks than some of his past ones.

although I will be contacting Alizabeth as you suggested to see what they will offer for em.

Although extinction events tied to burst candidates do not suggest quite such a calamitous end, if an actual non-micro quasar could be produced by the methods being employed above Pitter Pator (and because we know nothing about these streams, it cannot be declared “impossible”), all life in our galaxy that couldn’t get into a wormhole in another galaxy would eventually die.

Though an intriguing suggestion, I don’t believe jumping behind the burst would be possible. There may not even be a “behind.” Certainly the timing would be extraordinarily difficult. Anyone who actually made the jump would “probably” just end up in a haze of plasma moving away from where Pator had been at some appreciable fraction of the speed of light. Kind of like being in a perpetual doomsday weapon.

It would be a bona fide miracle.

I would give everything away and repent all sin in the decades I had left. Unless other quasars are also artificial events, the Prophet’s accomplishment would be second to no creature who has lived within the last fifteen billion years.

2 Likes

can’t actually disagree with you there.
sure as hell would make a believer out of me if he succeeded.

1 Like

Not really. After the first 30 years, it should be possible to exit any C5 wormhole with a static lowsec connection that comes out into Republic space and be fine.

I wouldn’t want to be the first one through, though I suppose our survivors could just send drones. The wormhole would be a paradise in comparison to whatever was left behind, though. Assuming wormhole space is not part of our galaxy, just head to… um… the Sisters of EVE place… er… I forget the name. I do have a jump clone, there, though, so I suppose I could hold on to sin a bit longer.

Even if wormhole spaces are part of our galaxy, unless they are arranged in a catastrophically inconvenient arc around Pator, popping between them would probably work. It would be a wonderful cosmic joke if they were in such an arc. It would even make sense, insofar as the Sleepers were originally most closely associated with Matari space.

In any event, 1) it isn’t going to happen; 2) if it did happen, it would be amazing.

1 Like

Requesting docking rights to Emergent Threat Case Red Gamma Citadel . We will try to make our way to the Citadel , add to the stockpile .

If you succeed , this is not just a victory for the Amarr but a victory for the State also .

Thera maps to Jove space, so it wouldn’t be safe, no. The non-shattered Anoikis systems should be fine, assuming the Drifters don’t get you.

1 Like

It would wipe out my clan’s ancestral home. I’d prefer it remained intact and habitable until the local star dies a natural death, thanks.

3 Likes

yeah, i’ve had a few people try and explain it so far with no luck. I suspect that this may be another one of those “I just don’t understand people” things that I’m not likely to get. if you or your immediate family still live there, that I could understand, but after this long, you’ve probably got family offshoots who have lived or are living on any number of worlds. so why that one would be of any particular importance escapes me.

Funny fact about humans: we get attached to things. Places, history, symbols. We like being able to orient our place in the universe by where our ancestors lived and where our faiths first flourished. We like knowing where we (collectively) came from.

If you’re not capable of understanding that then you are lacking something fundamentally human. Which is entirely your own problem, but it’s rather a severe one that you should look into repairing.

7 Likes

@TomHornReloaded granted docking access.

Edit: @Bjorn_Tyrson also granted access. Both of you may deposit your Triglavian Trinary Datastreams in the hanger; you will receive your just rewards at the Judgement for having contributed to the destruction of the God’s enemies.

I still have clanmates living there. That aside, it’s a site of cultural importance to my clan. If it’s loss can be prevented, that is the preferred option. So taking precautions against even the remote possibility of destruction is a good thing.

You can “not understand people” all you want, but you surely aren’t daft enough to let the sentiment of wanting to protect something important go over your head.

@Bjorn_Tyrson note that he now expects you to donate them.

1 Like

I personally don’t think that these Triglavian datastreams pose any sort of “threat” or concern anymore. Nauplius would probably yield better results by

Edit: Just realized I shouldn’t be trying to give him new ideas.

that concept I understand well enough, I just fail to grasp why, aside from having personal friends or family currently living there, it would have more importance than any other planet. But I will freely admit that my understanding of societal norms, and how “people” work has always been lacking at best. even before I got my plugs. hence why I ask so many questions about it, unfortunately just haven’t managed to find any answers that make sense to me.

Yeah, I had a feeling that was the direction he would take. which is why I didn’t exactly rush over there to fill the orders he claimed to have put up for them.

Nobody sane wants to see that happen to any planet.

2 Likes

Any attempted genocide on a planet is usually viewed negatively. This in particular happens to be because a loyalist of the Amarr Empire who has been accused of being a Blood Raider is attempting to kill off the origin world of an entire civilization (the Minmatar) whom was once enslaved.

Come to think of it… I can already see the headlines about another Blooder attack if enough planning was put into this whole ordeal.

This part I completely understand, as well as not wanting a planet you live on, or have family members/friends living on being of particular importance.

This is the part that people keep talking about as though it makes the planet of particular importance, but no one has really been able to explain to me WHY this should make it any more important than another. the majority of our people no longer live on that planet, many of us no longer have any direct relatives living there and haven’t for generations.

I can see the personal importance one may place on it if say you grew up there, but people speak of it being the “homeworld” or the “origin place” as though that grants it some sort of intrinsic universal value. however our people could just as easily have developed on any other planet, and then that one would be the “special” world and pator would be no more relevant than any other planet.

so that is what i’m trying to understand, is why, for the majority of our people who may have never even set eyes on the place, it should hold any special importance when our developing there as opposed to elsewhere is purely a matter of chance. and any significance it may have held due to being where we are from personally, or even where our grandparents are from no longer holds true.

I’m not asking why it is relevant personally, because that is ultimately up to the individual, but why it is talked about and treated as though it should have some universal importance. more importantly, why it should hold any special significance to me, simply because at some point in the distant past some of my ancestors lived there, or because some far flung kin of mine who i’ve never even heard of may still be there.
To put it another way, Arrendis is also matari, which means that on some level her and I are bound to be related, albeit distantly, but no one would expect her to care in the slightest if one of my stations where to be attacked, or my ship to be destroyed based on nothing more than our vaguely shared heritage. and that is someone who is alive here and now being harmed, so why would the planet of someone long dead who we share a vague heritage with be granted extra importance?

That is the part of this whole thing that I am trying to understand.

Because someone wants to do something bad to it, and other people don’t like that enough to want to do something to stop it.

In a way I feel as though there’s many that, due to the Republic’s history, unintentionally act as though they’re an endangered species.

I know you said you haven’t studied history much. This puts you in a significant minority among our people. For centuries, we were slaves. For centuries, the Amarr sought to obliterate out history, our heritage, our culture. In the case of the Starkmanir, they may have succeeded.

Ever since the Rebellion, we have been fighting a generations-long war against not the Amarr, but entropy, against the slow decay of memory and records, the loss of everything we were. We have been struggling and striving to pull together the tattered threads of our past. Entire lifetimes have been spent trying to rebuild not who we are… but just the knowledge of who we were. Of what our ancestors believed, how they lived, what they valued.

For some, that’s been somewhat successful. For others, the answers still remain just out of reach, and may never be found. But what answers there are, what healing there can be, what hope there is to undo the damage of centuries of oppression and abuse…

… it’s on that planet. Maybe some of it could have been found on Starkman Prime… but the Amarr reduced that world to a molten slag heap. Maybe some of it resides in the archives of the Empire… but they won’t give it to us. They’re too small, too petty, and too frightened a people to risk something actually being ‘reclaimed’ once they’ve sought to steal it away.

What there is of our heritage and our past still in existence, still waiting to be recovered… it’s on that world. And that recovery is still going on. That world, and after so long… likely no other.

Would I care if your stations were attacked? If they were your stations, and not TEST’s… if those stations were places for our people, places of importance to trillions… I would. I might not care as much as you would, but I would care. You and I are not close kin. We are not even of the same Tribe. But I would still consider it a loss for our people.

And that’s just a station. It’s not the literal only place in the cluster where artifacts of our ways before the Day of Darkness can definitely still be found.

6 Likes