P2e Q&A

Apparently it’s not that simple anymore when money talks and BS walks.

How about a PfF option?

Pay for Fun. Make it a space sandbox game. Pay your sub to pay for the computers and devs and play for fun. Could we have that?

One can always dream.

1 Like

:wink:

1 Like

{{Squinting Eyes}}
They’re too flat for me. Literally, once you seen one, you’ve seen them all.

1 Like

They belong to the same item category too:

https://everef.net/groups/283

1 Like

Meat.

1 Like

Commodity / Livestock

2 Likes

I get it. It’s only an idea you like when it’s you people doing it.

Whose you people?

From what I hear/skim over on various forums. I pretty much get the idea P2E while has its benefits has huge cons regarding game development. I really think many people do get caught up in the glamor that they can earn $$$ money w/o looking at the implications. This definingly answered some of my questions about it.

2 Likes

If P2E happens, will I be able to some how liquidise my characters and cash out?

When ever this P2E topic comes up in seriousness i can thin of only 1 thing, a thing that would completely destroy this game (in my opinion at least it would). A thing that would make this game complete Trash, and so the ones advocating for it are ignorant of what it would do or are complete trash themselves.

And that thing you might ask…

2 Likes

I don’t get why folks think this is a new thing. Soe had player market place servers for eq2 such as Vox. You could sell any game item in the market place and Soe would get a cut and you would get cash. Most folk hated the idea but vox still had players. This was done all with out nft etc. … To me the current focus on p2e is just folks slapping nft on everything to try and make cash grabs. Nft is a buzzy flavor of the month. If people wanted p2e they could have had it already.

1 Like

Entropia Universe was never good from the beginning and both games are completely different. Having to pay to play the game is what entropia universe is. It’s why it costs ped to repair your stuff or it breaks. Not only is the game bad but it also implements their system is a very poor way

1 Like

I actually made some profit from those servers.

Y’know… you people :sweat_smile:

This is a very good point.

CCP will be shooting their own foot when they introduce P2E, because P2E will compete with PLEX sales. And where CCP gets 100% of the income from PLEX sales, they only get a small cut from P2E sales as a large part goes to the player.

Why again does CCP want P2E?

2 Likes

That’s a good question we don’t yet have an answer for. I’m curious about that too.
Maybe @Mike_Azariah or @Brisc_Rubal could say or inquire…

1 Like

/me chuckles

My only question is can I petition for back wages. All of the above questions are fun but I think you are trying to criticize the crust of the pie in the sky. Fun mental exercise but little connection to what passes for reality in a game.

(reality in a game . . . man sometimes I wonder about what I have for a hobby)

m

3 Likes