Patch Notes for March 2020 Releases

People are joking about this red dot thing right? I mean it’s a pretty solid meme, but it’s pretty much irrelevant, yeah?

cat red dot

2 Likes

Red dot appearing always, even when player know new item is in ship / hangar is really bad move. Ie - when we click “loot all” or we manually move item from hangar to ship - player know there is new item in his cargo and there is no point in notification.
It can have some potential for new players when player buy item from market / accepts contract or when new item appears because of mission accepted.
But for advanced players I would like to have option to turn it off - as any other notification I dont need.

Not a nice way of putting it, but for crying out loud, its like every industrialist is upset because their measly 0.05% profit margin disappeared due to listing fees. Do any of these guys value their products or is everyone just wants scraps off the table?

CCP Aurora, thank you for interacting with us player!

Please forward to the CCP development team:

• You do not know about the red dots appearing at undock? You do not playtest, not a little bit?
  • Red dots appear in an open ship cargo window for items manually (I have seen them, they were intentionally) moved to the cargo.
  • Red dots appear at this ship cargo window in the left section below ship name AND in the Neocom menu.
  • When you click on the red dotted cargo symbol in Neocom menu, a new ship cargo window opens (although, one was already open) and NEW red dots appear in this new window.
  • When you hover over all this new red dots, they disappear in the cargo window but NOT in Neocom.
  • When I move items and repacked containers, red dots appear for containers only. But all red dots appear after clicking the Neocom menu.

My suggestion: Let us switch off this ‘feature’. When I do not need to be exposed to red dots any longer, I will not file a bug report each day and you may develop the feature in any way you like - and take your time.

Thank you so much for forwarding the response.
o7

5 Likes

Ok, you’re not doing missions.
2 new missions, HOW DARE THEY! Remove all but PvP and buying PLEX… who cares for new player experience!

[16:13:35] EVE System > Connection to chat server lost
[16:13:36] EVE System > Reconnected to chat server

Chat server is stil breaking up, almost every day.
When is this going to be fixed!?

It is no longer a bug it’s a feature in chaos era.

1 Like

Just make :red_circle: optional - problem solved.

2 Likes

C’mon, fix the new disconnect/reconnect chat feature… you guys mentioned a few months back that if you werent able to fix the chat problems you would restore the old chat system (which was almost flawless)…

Geez, this is very annoying…

3 Likes

It has less ‘value’ than the red dot. Please be patient. New bugs will be added/fixed according to their level of perceived importance and position in the list.

Just give us a red dot off button allready, those things are drivingme insane

1 Like

cat red dot

2 Likes

There is this chatchannel called “Rookie Help”. Could you force ever player to always join this channel and make it impossible to leave or minimize? Just like the red dot you should make sure, that every possible newbie gets it. Some veterants will be a bit annoyed, but it will be totally worth it and a disable option could confuse new players, so better dont risk it.

1 Like

I just realized all these people are bugging out over the red dot because their phones have programmed them to always respond to notifications.

Sorry, took awhile for that one to click for me. Carry on.

5 Likes

It’s not the feature that’s the problem. It’s fine. It just looks ugly and doesnt fit into the UI. It’s like someone went onto mspaint drew a dot and… it needs a redesign to look better

1 Like

Patch Notes for the 18.03.2020 point release:

Features & Changes
Tutorial:

• Adjusted the signature radius and max velocity of some tutorial NPCs to provide a better experience for all of the faction’s corvettes
  • Aura’s portrait has been replaced with the concord logo in the tutorial section of the Agency
  • Moved the tutorial ISK rewards to the “Agents & Missions” wallet category
  • For a limited time, we will be performing a test in which 50% of new users will receive an updated version of the Tutorial:
    • New capsuleers will start in a new calmer setting before being asked to travel to the first tutorial site
    • The interface will be gradually revealed and introduced as the tutorial progresses
    • Updated flow of tasks within the tutorial
    • Upon entering the sites of the first three tutorial missions, the camera will automatically focus on the site’s key objectives
    • Updated tutorial storyline text to provide a clearer purpose to the players actions
    • Updated Aura conversations in the tutorial – now with added sass!

Defect Fixes
User Interface:

• Notes in the Notepad can now be deleted again.
2 Likes

The new Tutorial sounds awesome - introducing the UI progressively is a great idea that really should make the game easier to get into.

I’d love to run through this at some point. Is there any chance you could tell us how long “a limited time” is?

Great idea: gradually introducing UI. Extend this to introducing modules (esp. ewar options) and items, there are SO many.

We are looking at having it for a few weeks, but will monitor how things go and adjust the time as needed.

2 Likes