Patch Notes for March 2020 Releases

That’s great to hear.

Any chance of this being used to create and implement more Epic Arcs?

In my opinion there’s a few Factions that should have Epic Arcs, especially the Factions that control High Sec systems.

Level 4:
Ammatar Mandate
Khanid Kingdom
The Interbus
Concord Assembly

There’s also a few Pirate Factions that should have Epic Arcs as well.

Level 3:
Thukker Tribe
Serpentis
Blood Raider Covenant

Lastly, all other NPC groups should have some sort of Epic Arc available to raise Faction standings.

Level 2:
Triglavian Collective
Drifters
Rogue Drones
Society Of Conscious Thought
ORE
Mordu’s Legion Command

3 Likes

Right now, it is too early to say what we are going to do with this in the future but I would also love to see some new Epic Arcs :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, I understand.

Hopefully you’ll pass that suggestion along to the right people, :wink:

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

I would rather want if you would fix the COSMOS missions first, since some of them are straight broken and are on a 7 days countdown (unlike Epic arcs) despite not being repeatable.

Also, since you mentioned the Notepad, that feature hasn’t been touched since I started playing 9 years ago. I especially don’t like the fact that there is no Undo option and all changes get saved automatically. This can cause me to accidentally erase the contents of a very long note with no way to restore it.

3 Likes

Greetings,

The patch notes from today’s update are now available:

Features & Changes
Balancing:

Changes to Faction Warfare:

• Faction Warfare complex Acceleration Gate will give a Suspect Flag if activated by non-Faction Warfare Capsuleer.
    • In such cases, the Safety setting must be to Partial or No Safety (orange or red) to activate the gate. When safety is Full (green) the gate cannot be activated.
    • FW participants will be able to activate the acceleration gates without penalty.
  • Faction Warfare Acceleration Gates have an increased activation range allowing for activation at 90km radius
  • Adding a new 5th tier of Faction Warfare sites, and renaming the ‘Large’ tier:
    • Large Compounds are now (Faction) Open Compounds
    • Large Strongholds are now (Faction) Open Strongholds
    • Added a new tier of sites. These sites have gate restrictions that allow only Battleship sized and smaller ships
    • The new Battleship Complexes are named (Faction) Large Outpost
    • The progression in tiers is now:
      • Novice (unchanged)
      • Small (unchanged)
      • Medium (unchanged)
      • Large (new Battleship tier)
      • Open (formerly “Large”)
  • Loyalty Point payouts for Faction Warfare PVP kills have been given a fixed increase, and no longer linked to the warzone tier multiplier. The LP payout rate is now fixed at approximately the same level as it previously was when the attacker held tier 5 warzone control.
  • Loyalty Point payouts for Faction Warfare missions have been reduced by approximately 30%

Exploration:

• Increasing Warp speed for all ships in Low Security system by 2AU/s. Active until the 6 April.

Graphics:

• Added a circle of perimeter lights around Acceleration Gates to show activation range
  • Added a circle of perimeter lights around Faction Warfare capture beacons, showing the capture range and capture status. These lights will change color depending on the beacon’s capture state:
    • Green - Being Captured by Defending Faction
    • Orange - Contested
    • Red - Being Captured by Attacking Faction

Miscellaneous:

• If a war ends because the attacking Corporation/Alliance fails to pay their War Declaration bill, a forced peace treaty for 14 days is triggered. This will prevent the attackers from re-declaring another war against the same target.
  • A second daily challenge has been added to the “Skilling is just a means” event that rewards skill points each day for the destruction of one of the NPCs defending a factional warfare capture site. This extra challenge will be available daily until 6 April, at which point the “Skilling is just a means” event will return to having a single challenge per day.
  • The Loot drop chance has been increased to 90% in Low Security space. Active until the 6 April.

Missions & NPCs:

• Reduced the mining efficiency of NPC Mining Fleets

Ships:

• Adding the Frigate Escape Bay to Battleships, Marauders, and Black Ops. Click here for more information.

Structures & Deployables:

• Hull Reinforcement Duration for War Headquarters structures reduced to 24 hours (down from 4.5 days). This is intended to give defenders a realistic chance of taking down the HQ within 7 days.
4 Likes

@CCP_Dopamine add +327 to your next 2d6 Aura of Vitality roll for having the patch notes available this quick chap o7

2 Likes

hmm there is no option to “show content” in the frigate in the escape bay.

I like how it is written “1.0/1.0 frigate” however.

1 Like

yay 14 day wardec cooldown, hopefully that’ll slow the BS wardecs by PIRAT against everybody and their dog…

1 Like

Still no news concerning the announced moon ore nerf?

It is strange that you guys would give the community notice so that they could plan things in advance:

Since Moon Mining is a time sensitive activity that relies on multiple time windows, by giving you a heads up and allowing for some time, you can adjust your plans accordingly. During the next release, […] you should expect the following changes: […]

, and then go silent about it - the last piece of news being:

That was two weeks ago, so… could you shed some light on what is going on?

1 Like

Yes… I have the same question. You said ‘next release’ and then 2 release later still nothing. Not even any information if it will happen or then. Just say its delayed a few weeks/months or people will assume its not going to happen…

There is not even a forum thread to discuss Moon Changes, can you make one please CCP?

2 Likes

I suspect that CCP themselves don’t know yet if they should dare.

I know from a reliable source that a large alliance has released masses of moons (> 300).
And it certainly won’t be just one alliance.

From this one can conclude that some subscriptions have already been shut down.

Maybe CCP is currently reconsidering their plan.

I am already very excited about monthly reports.

Absolutely. We are moving forward with the changes in March and will have the news out for you with additional details by the end of this week. The important thing to note is that Moon mining extractions that are currently underway won’t be affected by the ore distribution changes, so you will get what the job promised you would.

1 Like

At what page ar we right now !!!

A couple of minor changes going live today:

Third Party Developers
Static Data Exports (SDE):

• Removed a yaml that was incorrectly added to the SDE thus breaking its generation

Defect Fixes:
Localization:

• Fixed strings not being translated in corp Wallet UI.
1 Like

At least you didn’t mess up the war mechanics, again. :joy: :joy: :joy:

Ясненько, мертвецу сделали массаж, ему полегчало. Как было ФВ никому неинтересно так и осталось. Вы когда-нибудь поймёте, что людям крутить маяки по 2000000 минут не интересно, скучно и просто тошно? Что наличие тиров демотивирует игрока вступать за слабую сторону, отсюда и отсутствие как таковой “войны”, не с кем воевать. Откройте вербовку, найдите там хоть одну русскоязычную корпу, где больше 2х человек (мейн цео+альт цео). Ало, господа ццп у вас маразм или горе от ума или люди просто не вкуривают ваши гениальные механики?

1 Like

Why did you remove sounds from station interiors? Did we ask you to do this? Or you just go and do things that make no sense and are entirely garbage? In case you can’t wrap your head around the questions, the answers are no and yes respectively.

Just like the direction EVE is going, it sounds lifeless now.

So much for being the “janitors” of EVE…

Seems like you have already answered your own questions.

However, if you actually want to know the answer then the lack of sound in Jita IV-4 and Caldari hangars is a bug that will be fixed with today’s deployment.

2 Likes

Yeah, passive-aggressive is a common attitude on this forum. You are doing a great job !
There are bugs and it’s sad, but it’s normal.

Patch Notes for today’s release:

Features & Changes:
Miscellaneous:

• Common naming restrictions reapplied to user supplied names.

Defect Fixes:
Audio & Graphics:

• Fixed missing Atmosphere Audio in the Jita IV-4 hangar and other Caldari hangars.
2 Likes