Photon UI - General Feedback

I’ve found this bit:

Please note that when in large-scale situations, such as fleet fights, it is encouraged to drop all graphics settings to their lowest value
official source

Dated 2023-08-11T15:48:00Z

grafik

Why do some windows have double loading wheels, the new crappy white noise in the middle and the old wheel in the top corner? Better yet, since Photon has different header rows, the wheel glitches:

grafik

#JustPhotonThings and yet another Photon bug.

3 Likes

Seriously, are we still like this?

When are we getting a drag bar to resize the Skills window so that we can shrink the useless left part in favour of the much more important skill queue on the right?

Why do these really nice and convenient time bars only appear when hovering the total training time at the bottom?
Can’t we make them permanent as it was on the old (and much superior) Skill UI?

Does this part really need to take all this space?
this is the part I care less about in the entire Skill panel, and yet the one that takes the most space
On the old UI these could be reduced to small icons, can we please replicate in favour of making the bottom part more spacious?

Please start testing UIs on no more than 1600x900 resolution

4 Likes

they dont care anymore about this fvck.

1 Like

grafik

grafik

Good to see that Photon is still not having a proper window border system because stuff like the above still happens despite CCP having fixed it in other places.

#JustPhotonThings #EasierBetterUIThings

2 Likes

It would be very helpful if you could display primary and secondary attributes of skills in your queue. I’ve been away from the game for a few years and it appears EVEMon no longer works. That was my main tool for this game. Now the only place that I can find attributes is to look them up individually for each skill which is painfully slow.

1 Like

Photon UI quality:

grafik

Extremely badly readable number without a thousand separator.

grafik

Somewhat easier to read number with a thousand separator.

So much for Photon makes thing better and the UI easier to use and read and more consistent.

More Photon issues:

grafik

grafik

A tab for 8 letters cuts off a narrower word with 6 letters. :facepalm:

This UI is a trainwreck…

2 Likes

How do I turn OFF the Photon GUI and go back to the OLD GUI ???

7 Likes

You need a time machine :frowning: Seriously…

1 Like

grafik

Why is there a horizontal scrollbar in the Overview Settings’ Tabs tab that only reveals more empty space?

#JustPhotonThings

1 Like

I’m still new to the game and so far as for feedback there is one thing I do wish was a bit more better pronounced: When you set a waypoint destination, it will then color your destinations in the General tab a yellow color letting you know where you need to warp to. That very subtle yellow coloring is sometimes hard to differentiate between the standard objects in the general tab. I just wish this yellow was just a bit more brighter and more pronounced and easily stands out from a quick at a glance stand point. Thank you.

Would you mind if it stayed on top of the overview list regardless of sort order?

For me order listing isn’t too important where it is displayed. Just if that yellow color of the icon was just much more better and pronounced and very easy too see.

grafik

It’s old symbols but why does the Attack symbol in the radial not match the drone window symbol? Mind-boggling that you have 2 different icons for the same thing in the same attack item category.

Why is the new escape menu not just full-screen, but also wasting about half my screen with empty space at that?

Did you guys look at the default Skyrim inventory UI and think: “That’s a great idea!”?

4 Likes

whoever thought to change the eve menu (the one you gotta hit escape for) is a total dip+s+h+i+t

it didn’t need changing.
no one asked.
was working great, now it’s cancer. LIKE WITH MANY OTHER THINGS YOU DID.
from centered to the far left.
our monitors are not mobile phones.
takes a damn evil genius to fubar this one up, really.
also, why tf is it full screen now. why? I can’t see the applied changes on the background like I could before. Do you ever think before acting? Or are you all toddlers in your offices?
STOP TAKING DRUGS UP THERE IN ICELAND, FFS, I MEAN IT.

6 Likes

what a nice widescreen you have :wink:
probably it could be handled better by the game client…

2 Likes

Hi, it’s me. Again.

So, I used to be able to see all the settings at a glance, without wasting the whole screen.
Now I have to scroll down to get to the settings, while the settings window takes up the “whole” screen.

I’m sorry. but are you ■■■■■■■ stupid? How the ■■■■ did anyone though this is “production ready”?

also this:

If you want me to believe that you have had ANYONE that is playing this game, or gives two shits about the game, look at this and that consider it “ready”, then you’d have me laughing maniacally.

for ■■■■’s sake, it takes me literally 3 seconds of lookig at the current design to decide “yeah, we need 2 columns. or for this to automagially adjust to resolution/scaling so that the right part of the screen isn’t wasted for anyone playing on a non 4:3 540p screen”.

And I’m not a UI designer. I’m not any kind of a designer. I spin cells for a living.

4 Likes

also, how is your iterative improvement going, CCP?

coz that ■■■■ still looks the same:

5 Likes

Eve UI Devs or “how can we make this game more cancerous”.

5 Likes