Photon UI - General Feedback

Not a fan of how big I must make the drone window to watch the health of all 5 drones, maybe remove the Icons, or make each row shrinkable?

1 Like

I’ll be super short… MAKE IT MORE COMPACT!!!

To translate: More data in smaller screen space, not the oposite, more empty space in even more empty space… for empty space sake.

Compact mode everything, and make it default… thats at least marginally OK. Kinda…

Margin size seting aint even working, at least for me. Tride several with restarts… headers huge regardles of choice. Esp in CHAT… damn…

Never the less, its better than on fitst “hey lets just force it on anyone, they wont mind, right???” idea… i do not know who was that smart cookie there, but still needs work.

Back to clasic one, hope u get it right next time.
S

1 Like

Imgur

CCPlease

Stop.
Stop.
Stop.

I don’t recall anyone asking to ■■■■ up the UI every other month.
The world has gone brain dead with all the bubbles and icons and colors.
Complicating everything and making it pretty doesn’t mean it’s better in any way.

Stop ■■■■■■■ with perfectly functional aspects of the game.

AND FOR FUCKS SAKE, MAKE THIS CRAP AN OPT-IN! NOT OPT-OUT!
I don’t have time to rearrange and organize and hunt down simple things that I just got used to.

4 Likes

liked the look ok, had to turn it off because it locked by training queue

sorry wrong place in thread

liked the look, had to turn it off because it locked my training queue

Colours in the Photon UI are f’n hideous. I like a lot of the features, but the colour palette is bizarre. If you adjust the colours to fix something, then something else is broken. And for some reason, the bright-ass yellow background of the P1 inputs in a PI factory is just… something else

X 1000 at least.

3 Likes

Just switched back to the existing, perfectly functional UI. Now all the colours on THAT are f’kd up too. CCP, why so break things just so you can claim to fix ■■■■?

1 Like

This looks like a bunch of alt posting.

I started playing again three days ago. Saw the UI when i got in, struggled with its clunky lack of sizing options and poor lay out choices in that regard. Was upset in general that they defaced EVE. Went to post feed back, read I could disable the new UI in the feed back. I disabled the new UI and told them what i thought… today ****ing two days later, YOU TURN IT BACK ON FOR ME! I notice this first by my windows looking all bad and having poor sizing options and pop up areas AGAIN. I groan and play on figuring it was just not as optional as it was made out to be. Then i stop being able to drag skills in my que, a known bug of the new UI. You literally chose to turn on your TERRIBLE new UI against my will and broke my game burning half a hour of my time as I looked for what had gone wrong and turned the UI off again. Aside from the new UI being function crippled pointless unimpressive and unwanted, its also buggy. I would say please don’t touch basic window function any more, but at least if you are going to let us have working windows as a option, don’t toggle our settings without asking.

Need to ditch that polka dot background TBH

I could not change my Training Queue with Photon UI enabled.

More reasons why CCP’s idea of padding is just plain stupid:

1 Like

Turned it on, tried it, turned it off.
Your new UI won’t be playable until you give your designers at least 24" monitors. Or better give them laptops. Not everyone uses full-wall panels.

2 Likes

Photon UI is horrible.

Especially on small(ish) screen it’s very bad.

I don’t use radial menu that makes it even more horrible.

Also it is missing some very good buttons that old UI has. Or they are in dumb places.

Compact mode makes it less sucky, but compact mode is only available for some windows.

Text does not scale as well as in old UI. This is partially because, again, Photon is a big space eater. It will fill your screen with useless empty space. It really does.

Compact mode helps with overview, but there is still useless empty space everywhere.

Please for love of all that is good, make user interface always compact. If it cannot be made compact, make it super compact.

And don’t make me start with OLD CROSSES WERE JUST BETTER THAN ALL NEW ICONS COMBINED.

Every time UI is “updated” or “enhanced” it seems to get bloated. Station is station, why there is like 10 different icons? Ships are ships, why there is 1000 icons no one can remember, only thing that somewhat matters is ship size. Why there is so many icons .

If you try to fix something. Make active module indication so clear that over 40 year old pilots can see it. And overload buttons so big that you can’t miss them.

3 Likes

I’m liking the incremental updates to Photon UI. Understandably there are growing pains, especially notable in a game that heavily relies on its UI; which is something I wish the general forum user’s would remember before they post their criticisms. Below I’ve posted three areas that were borked with the latest update. Thanks for the effort, devs, and keep at it.