Photon UI - Now in Beta (Opt-Out)

You know when CCP talks about that magic moment when people get blown up and get one major loss and they have to decide if they are going to play the game through loss. Well this UI is also a magic moment. It’s the most blunt evidence of the developers not listening and the most painful abuse of developer power. They are pushing a mobile UI on us because they want to turn the game into eve echoes. This is also a magic moment. The developer has no respect for players time and money. That much is obvious.

6 Likes

ANd you are calling this “compact”. Hope team lead responsable will loose bonus
fleet_finder

1 Like

Ribbon received a nice, opaque background in yesterday’s update. Thank you, ccp !!

So most people summed it up really nicely… this UI feels insanely large, heavy, gaudy and wastes a lot more space than the old one. Playing on a laptop I feel the strain trying to actually read any of the information.

Drone window is a nightmare all around - D-scanning requires you to have a heart surgeon diploma with how small they made the sliders, same thing goes for the probe window. I actually had to sit there for a few minutes searching for the damn retract probe button which they made small than the recover probes button for some reason…

Colors are nice and dandy but it’s so damn contrasted you have to look away every few seconds or risk permanent eye damage. Chat blinkers are also super wierd - I don’t usually realise I have a message unless I specifically look for the damned small orange lines.

CCP kept the old map as an option - I sincerely hope they do the same with old UI… At the very LEAST keep it as an option CCP how hard can that be ! I read a lot of the posts dating from October 2022 and I still have the same things to say… It’s like you didn’t listen to ANY of the feedback, almost all flaws listed in that time are STILL present.

Bring it back.

8 Likes

Фотонный интерфейс откровенное дерьмо! Надеюсь онлайн в игре упадёт очень сильно и разработчики поймут свою ошибку и перестанут насильно втюхивать выдумки наркоманов. Верните возможность переключаться между интерфейсами.

5 Likes

The survey scanner window on my little screen:

scanner scan 2

no comment

3 Likes

We have an option to keep an old map. Why then we cannot keep old UI? That just makes no sence.
I personally quite enjoy photon on big resolutions, but for last few month I am forced to play on 1600x900 and its just bad.
But the main flaw is setting a limit on how many symbols players can type in overview bar “Name” field. Lots of players used it to set text formatting (Font size, color, etc) and now devs just remove it without providing any other options.
I (And I believe, many others) want to keep this option, want to have more flexibility with UI settings.

Please revert the changes you made and spend more time polishing it before another rollout.

2 Likes

Turn back the UI and colors! Stop killing EVE!

Dear Capsuleers, I urge everyone to join the Anti Photon UI EVE Global Strike! Cancel the Omega subscription unless they let us choose whenever we want to use old or new UI as done with the map! Demand your right to turn UI and colors back! No taxation without representation!

10 Likes

Turn back security colors! Stop killing EVE!

7 Likes

Horrible, I really don’t want to log in anymore. Forced to spend my whole evening trying to get my head round changes, that were perfectly fine before

5 Likes

Same here. Unsub 5 accounts. Ciao ccp.

They won’t get any more money from me ever will from me, unless and until they come to their senses.

Go impose unworkable crap and turn on the dictatorship by depriving us of our right to choose on someone else. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

photon - HORRIBLE! RETURN AS IT WAS!!!

4 Likes

Will be hilarious to see player numbers going down even more. Most will just leave quietly without even complaining.
Guess why the number of logged in players is not shown in the Eve-launcher any more…

I can not opt out from Photon any more. But I can opt out from Eve-Online :smiley:

3 Likes

Personally, I found it is a horrible UI to play with…
Please add option to use old UI

1 Like

Yes 100% correct and I must add that the new ui is unhealthy.

If i play more than 15 minutes whith the new “bad chinesse smartphone 10 years old UI”, i´ve got a terrible headache and a pain in my tearful eyes.

grafik

Why can I make all the buttons white by middle-mouse click on them? What is the point of this white highlight in the first place?

2 Likes