Player cabins in stations

It bothers me he thinks FF hasnt already done it.

Maybe that is his talent. :woman_shrugging:

If they had updated the Captain Quarters and opened that door to a bar that would of been nice.
I think players would have used it, they just never gave it a chance. They could of used the Unreal Engine instead of using old code!WiS_screen_01
WiS_screen_05
WiS_screen_15
WiS_screen_23
WiS_screen_29
WiS_screen_32
WiS_screen_35
WiS_screen_36

2 Likes

The more pictures and video I see of this the more I want it. It just seems fun and looks like it adds a lot of depth to the world we live in.
Being able to decorate and customize our cabins and whatever else would be fantastic in my opinion. Being able to visit each other would really make it amazing, and if PvP were possible it would be serious stuff that would give Eve a whole new level of awesome even if we were limited to small personal fights or sneaky back stabbing. How it would work seeing as we would be out of our pods and thus not immortal is something that could have huge consequences so maybe your cabin should be impenetrable, but as soon as you step outside you are committed to possiblity of actually dying. That would bring about a level of intensity that Eve hasnā€™t got.
Iā€™ve actually considered playing like this the way things are now, but I donā€™t have the energy to make a new account each time I die.

Itā€™s funny feeling like I miss something Iā€™ve never had. I really wish it not only hadnā€™t been removed but that it had been expanded uponā€¦
I really want to go to Jita and sneak up on the isk doublers and get really stabby.

also make it that other players can gank you in your own cabin!

2 Likes

I thought of that too, and I like it a lot. I think they should have to either hack your door (thus warning you of the attempt) or blast their way in and that ought to take a while.

What happens though if they kill you? You arenā€™t in your pod so you wonā€™t have your consciousness zapped off to your medical clone.
Adding real death in Eve is going to seriously freak a few people outā€¦

Looks like fun, but like Cyberpunk 2077, Iā€™m gonna pass for now.

Indeed, lets not forget https://youtu.be/2iu4iekX3WE

1 Like

Removed some off topic posts. Keep it on topic, thank you.

Also removed a post discussing moderation.

Where I live we have a race every year called The Drag Race, it was started by drag queens, but now I think anyone can enter. Itā€™s exactly that, you wear the highest heels you can and run like hell.
Itā€™s very very fun, and even more funny.

Your medical clone would become conscious when you have no more brain activity. Your consciousness would be uploaded from a backup. Immortality would stay possible. + your clone has no post traumatic stress because the killing wouldnā€™t be part of the uploaded backup.
But what if intruders are able to steal from you when they enter your quarters? Jita traders arenā€™t safe anymore :slight_smile:

Iā€™m not sure about this, but if I remember correctly your medical clone is mentally blank untill your consciousness is transfered into it by your pod and whatever Jovian technology is on the other end.
Maybe someone who knows the lore about this better than I do like @DutchGunner could clarify on this, but if Iā€™m right this means that if you die outside of your pod and your medical clone is woken up you will basically be an infant, and possibly less of one than a normal baby.
It seems to me that if this were implemented in the game it would seriously intensify things.

As of now I have looked at a LOT of pictures and watched a bunch of videos about Captains Quarters and I want it far more now than I did before this thread popped back up. As Iā€™ve already said I want it, and I want it drastically expanded.
And I have an ideaā€¦ It might be a bad one but here goes:
Eve has ways of transferring a lot of information to the web, I donā€™t know the full extent of it but itā€™s what powers all of these third party websites. I think that a group of people who know how to design and implement video games could make this possible as a third party program using that information to make it compatible with Eve.
What I donā€™t know is how one sided that system is, like if itā€™s only for exporting information or if it can be sent back as well.

1 Like

GREAT IDEA

Yeah thats before the people who made the middleware they used stopped supporting it, meaning CCP would have had to take over supporting the entire thing themselves, so it would be far more than 1 dev 1 month of a year

Oh there is never a shortage of bad ideas, the issue was there really werenā€™t any compelling enough half decent ones to justify adding and supporting the feature

The social parts would only have mattered again to the tiny tiny RP barbie players, and they wouldnā€™t be able to lock any real features or ingame content behind a feature not everyone could actually run at all, there will still be people playing on terrible hardware who wouldnā€™t be able to run it decently

And now you can do better with discord and screen sharing so there is literally no compelling reason to spend time working on it now, back then it would have been too clunky and mostly pointless to add anyway

1 Like

There were implants recovered that could allow you to be cloned without a pod, its the reasoning used for Dust 514 clones, you can read Templar One to find out more

1 Like

Itā€™s generally well-accepted that capsuleers regularly save ā€œbackupsā€ on top of the cloning upon death in a pod - there are lots of examples of this in different eve stories. Upon the activation of a clone with your back up (only after youā€™re known to be dead of course, because there are reguations prohibiting there being more than one instance of a person around at a time), youā€™d lose whatever time/memories had taken place since your last backup, certainly, and that can be a lot of time in some cases - but you wonā€™t find yourself in a brainless body~

1 Like

If they brought back the Captainā€™s Quarters and some more areas we could explore/interact with, I would not complain. I actually very much enjoyed it, if anything for screenshots.

3 Likes

They could add a restaurant where you could go out for dinner, and maybe a little shopping mall that would be nice.

4 Likes

Also a dolphin pool or aquarium that you can fill with specimen you would collect through special missions or completing special tasks. :dolphin:

2 Likes

I love dolphins!

3 Likes