PLEX GER vs RU 43% more expensive. why?

Nothing wrong about a good abuse…

Just ask before you do it…or do not get caught :stuck_out_tongue:

Hopefully today in this thread OP discovers the difference between price equality and price equity.

Price Equality - Items cost the same across all markets even when converted to other forms of currency.
Price Equity - Items cost different amounts based on the purchasing power of the region.

We can see here that CCP has chosen to go with the Price Equity model. The GDP per capita for Russia is far less than it is for the EU so CCP has lowered the price of their items to reflect that. If you want to jump through the hoops to take advantage of that then go for it. If CCP thinks that is happening too much they will most likely switch to a Price Equality system.

For every person complaining about people getting a “discount” through the price equity system there is another person complaining about being gouged by a price equality system. I have seen these arguments from both sides on no less than 4 other games I have played over the years. You are an Eve player OP. Do your research and purchase the option that nets you the best result.

4 Likes

You’d probably see his point if YOU’RE the one paying more.

In the great words of El Fargo creator of Shultz corruptor . " I T I S , W H A T I T I S ".

Because the PLEX prices are clearly not linked to the current price of currencies.

AND the seller sets the price nobody else…

I mean the world would not perish if more countries would control their market and set maximum prices to hinder usury…the pharmaceutical industry is a good example here.

The ‘free’ market is anything but not perfect…

Removed off topic posts. Only warning.

4 Likes

Cool, what about players from undeveloped countries who are being forced to pay eu prices?

That makes it the highest price

They’re not being forced.
You’re wording that wrong.

“Forced” used as you did implies that they are being forced to play.
It implies they’re victims of some “higher power”, be it police,
a slaver or whatever else it could be.

They’re not.

They’re neither slaves chained to their computers …
… nor would it be valid to speak of “force” when they’re addicted.

Please think about wording that more accurately …
… without implying they’re some sort of victim.

2 Likes

You are known for closing posts for no reason so your warning is irrelevant…

3 Likes

There are lots of potential reasons. A good one I saw suggested was that CCP wasn’t using the current conversion rates but rather they are using conversion rates from a previous period. Allow me to suggest another one: the 43% extra (I didn’t check the math.) is a hedge against the potential widening of the conversion gap between the Euro and the Ruble or even the Dollar or Kronar . . . or gold. In order to make use of the money you give them, it must mkbe converted into a local currency. In order to do that, the have to mark-market their Rubles or Euros or whatever. This process has overhead and risk. If the Euro fluctuates outside of a certain range before they can mark-market them into a useable form, their options may be to take a loss or to wait . . . and time is money, so waiting may cost them money. If they mark up the price as paid in the volatile currency then they have more wiggle room if the value of that currency tanks with respect to their desired currency.

It’s also possible they have deemed the Klingon Empire to be a necessary evil for maintaining order in the galaxy and have thus decided to incentivize the participation of Klingons to a greater extent. After all, the game will be less interesting if we don’t have Klingons to shoot at.
In other words, the Klingons are content. CCP is buying us content with the difference in price between Rubles and Euros.

It’s also possible they are using that patented ::CCP logic:: :frowning:

I’d like my PLEX stamps also please. Which line do I stand in for Concord assistance for my leisure time?

To put this in more concrete terms, let’s use Oleg :ru: and Günter :de: as examples:

Oleg :ru: works 40 hours a week and makes the average regional salary of 50,000 Airos.
Günter :de: works 40 hours a week and makes the average regional salary of 50,000 Euros.
The conversion rate between the two is 2 Airos → 1 Euros.
Price equality is when Oleg :ru: and Günter :de: get the same reward for the same price (2xAiros OR 1xEuro).
Price equity is when Oleg :ru: and Günter :de: get the same reward for the same effort (1xhours_of_labor or 1xhours_of_labor).
The issue is that Oleg :ru: would have to commit twice the effort to get the same number of Euros as Günter :de:. Günter :de: would only have to commit half the effort to get the same number of Airos. Therefore, price equity is a more “fair” model than price equality.

2 Likes

Wait. Concord already giving me my PLEX stamps.

Or maybe it is more complicated than meets the eye. Or you should move to Russia… problem solved.

This thread is dumb. I’ll pay a different price for gas just by going to the other side of town. I can’t think of anything that’s priced uniformly from country to country.

It also makes ■■■■-all difference what anyone else is paying for something. If something is worth its pricetag to you, buy it. If it isn’t, don’t. There is nothing to be gained by agonizing over whether someone else got a better deal than you.

2 Likes

hey,
the problem is, that ccp did not adapt to the latest “rubel” changes, that currency crashed to ground and that what you see, are old prices, in past there were near same value in rubel and €.

hmmm could we, who live in russia buy that plex and resell them ? that would not be rmt? or?^^

1 Like