Power to the People! Shui Jing Jing for CSM17

Hi there, second attemptšŸ˜Š

The universe is expanding ā€“ is EVE as well?

EVE is a beautiful world, but chances are high that your chances for survival are low if you are not member of a big corporation which is part of one of the large alliances. They ā€œownā€ null-sec and wormholes and dominate low-sec, and without membership they will most probably shoot you, just because they can. And membership brings obligationsā€¦ I want to bring fun and a relaxed playing style back to EVE. I want EVE to expand, to add new discoveries, sights and something to explore, and not just grind the wheel of corporation life ā€“ we have enough of that in RL!

I had EVE on the hard drive as I purchased a new computer. Tried it shortly but stopped soon, sounded too complicated and I concentrated for a time on Elder Scrolls. But I came back a few years later, and for the last 10 years I am an almost daily guest in this exciting sandbox universe.

EVE ā€“ that is the game with the big fleets, massive online battles with hundreds of players, hours or even days spent in fleet chats, building fortunes and strongholds, hiding in (worm)holes, war against other corporations and alliances, wars and treason within corporations, drama and finally the honorable fight against alien invaders. But is that all?

EVE is also the game of the single players who pop in for a quickie after work, who like to relax while playing, to explore the universe, do a bit of this and a bit of that, everything is allowed as long as it is fun and does not feel like an obligation. We should not repeat our RL corporation battles in virtual life and playtime, thatā€™s boring. And it is not the number of kill-mails that count.

What do I do in EVE? Mining, manufacturing, exploration, trading, mining, research, mission running, mining, ratting, sightseeingā€¦ Tested all aspects of EVE, lived in low-sec and wormholes, but need to rewind after work in a stress-free atmosphere, so I am back to mostly high-sec. And did I mention mining? The pandemic and now the Ukraine war in RL certainly show ā€“ it is not only arts, culture and tourism that count, an economy also needs honest good work in producing something other than hot air.

And if you say ā€“ another typical care-bear, boringā€¦ Bears can be dangerous as well, never temp them!

My favorite ships: Gnosis, because it simply looks cool, and Orca as working horse for most of what I do.

Looking through the applications of fellow capsuleers I find a lot of representatives of big corporations and alliances, strong fighters, kings of low-sec ā€“ but I am missing the representatives of ā€œthe Peopleā€, all the individuals or small ā€œmom and papā€ corporations. I know that having the background of a big alliance helps you in the elections, like in RL the big political parties have it easier. But I am optimistic (or naĆÆve?) enough to think everyone should have a chance.

What can you expect from me in CSM?

Being the voice of those not so fond of wars, corporation battles and lawless space, to help maintain stability and predictability and aim at a fair distribution of resources, available to all, in our beloved EVE universe while still being open for new adventures and changes that benefit all and not only a few and the strong. I would like to see more opportunities to explore unknown regions, sights and have adventures, that means expanding EVE and making it exciting again

In RL am a senior manager in a multi-national company (where I can get all the stress and business drama I need :blush:), living in the lovely heart of Europe (Austria). For those of you not so familiar with Europe ā€“ Austria is the one without the kangaroosā€¦

Happy to hear your thoughts people!

17 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

100% agreement with your platform! Got my vote!

1 Like

Thank you!

Youā€™ve my voice. Good luck.

1 Like

If you look at the CSM candidates
23 USA
9 UK
6 Germany
2 Canada
1 each for China, France, The Netherlands, Australia and Austria

So people - vote for the small nations, dont let the CSM become an American / British affair!

3 Likes

Based.

I know, right!? Iā€™m Swiss and half of the time people from across the pond think that means Iā€™m from Sweden. I meanā€¦ genetically they are not wrong (20% Scandinavian) but not what I meant! :joy:

And you got my vote if Iā€™m allowed to do soā€¦ still new to EVE.

1 Like

If you can boost Low income players gameplay, Abyss rebelancing, and Pve in general, Newbros content,
maybe help organize some kind of eventā€¦ you have my voteā€¦

2 Likes

Newbie PVE fleets, team up old hands with new players to tackle level 3+ missions togetherā€¦

1 Like

British, but youā€™re getting my vote anyway.

GL!

o7

Unfortunately I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be able to vote. This is a new account and while Iā€™m omegaā€¦ I donā€™t have the required 60 days of membership yetā€¦

but thank you anyhow for your feedback!

2 Likes

You got my vote!

Thank you. As a UK player who likes solo and is in my corporation of 1 at the moment, you get my vote. I had to create it because I wanted a non comittal corp for solo UK and Eire players where fellow members were supportive, encouraging and helpful but let everyone do their own Eve thing.

I find Eve highly represented by US TZ players so it would be nice to see non-US TZs with greater numbers and influence. Do not make the mistake of thinking a large number of UK candidates means there are a proportionately large number of UK players. There is no data. So if non US TZ players want representation they need to stand as candidates.

The more Eve becomes solo player encouraging the happier I will be. I also suspect there will be more retention.

Shui Jing Jing,
you, Arsia Elkin e Stitch Kaneland (in this order) take my preference.
And I hope youā€™re elected.

You have my vote and my full support.

Can i ask why you didnā€™t give any interviews where you could elaborate more and answer questions? Also being on CSM is ALOT of work you have to show up weekly (sometimes even multiple times a week) for hourly meetings and do homework, how is this compatible with your irl job and your desire to relax in your free time?

very trueā€¦ first overseas business trip recently after 2 years covid break, and of course :frowning: my private travel notebook collapsed just before (and the company one is IT locked to prevent installation of games).
but back now!

No thank you. You are welcome to play Eve however you like, but as far as Iā€™m concerned, you do not understand Eve Online, and would ruin it if you had your way.

• You want to get rid of local scarcityā€¦ in an MMO.
  • You repeatedly express contempt for wars/conflictā€¦ in a UPvP game
  • You want stability and predictabilityā€¦ in a challenging game

About the only pillar of Eve Online it sounds like you appreciate is the sandbox. So, yay for that, I guess.

Iā€™m going to have to leave it there for now though. Perhaps we can argue more later.

1 Like