Protection for newbies required

Are you having difficulty with the words?

2 Likes

You really believe this do you?

Get the player base behind you. Show us the numbers ā€¦ Campaign for CSMā€¦ make the case to CCP for the changes you are advocating. Otherwiseā€¦?

ā€œYou know nothing Jon Snowā€ comes to mind. And yes, that probably applies to all those responding to you as well.

As starters, who says players are leaving? What sources are you using for reduced subscription numbers, for the last 12 months? Or 24 months? And from what baseline is that from ā€¦ 2 years ago? 5?

How do you know WHY they are leaving? Who did the survey? What % of those who left (whose numbers we donā€™t know anyway?) did they survey?

On the other hand, how do we know CCP would NOT change the game the way you want? ā€¦either because their creatives are bored, or because they think there is more money in it, ā€œyourā€ way? (True, those who attend the various fanfests might be upset, as there has been no apparent indication of any intent to change. But really, who knows/)

And in that context, unless you ARE applying for CSM and/or can show the player numbers who support your position, why are we having this discussion? (Again). [And ad nauseam].

2 Likes

Yes, EvE with itā€™s 100 or maybe 200k paying customers is nothing for PA with their millions of players in BDO.

Where are you getting this from?

1 Like

Itā€™s all on internets, you can do your research yourself.

We will see, my prediction is like:

1. Player count and profitability of eve will decline more and more
  2. PA will move CCP staff to another projects to get some return on investment
  3. EvE will suffer even more, since it will get less and less attention from develoreps.
  4. EvE income will drop below self-sufficiency and PA will cut losses.

Time will tell.

i thought you wanted to improve the game not kill it off
those changes would ruin the fun in eve, alphas where they are now increase player counts and make more people inclined to sub to eve. removing gate camps is stupid I dont think i should have to explain why. removing suicide ganking? really? are you trying to kill eve?

3 Likes

You must be new to EVEā€¦

1 Like

hey there,

if u need a place to get introduced to the game, gime me a pm, ill help ya outā€¦

not ā€œhold your hand wipe yaā€™ backsideā€ā€¦ but ill gladly spend a few hours or more
with ya, explaning both mechanics and gameplay of Eve.

other i can hole hartedly tell you EVE-universitet is pne of the best places to start uā€™r eve
life, as they will help ya with all u can need help with or what ever gameplay your looking fo

I promise the OP was not written by Brok Haslack, butā€¦

EVE is hard. Itā€™s a high-end math game for bored techies who are so autistic-ly inclined that math is sexy for fun too. Itā€™s minecraft, but with more hair loss.

The down-side: Math. Lots of it. And yes, you will die.

The up-side: Spaceships!!! Wooo!!!

Space Psychopaths: Yes, I agree that beating up someone who is only 3 says old is the act of a spiteful child, which makes it even more concerning when you realise that itā€™s a 15 yr old player, butā€¦

You learn.

I was used as a punch-bag by a group of players for just over a year ( as Brok Haslack ). I replaced my hulls by getting into Incursions. In High Sec that one pays well.

Or you find a newbie-training fleet in High Sec ( avoiding corps to avoid war-decs ).

Or you get in with a Newbie-friendly Null-Corp. Youā€™ll still die, butā€¦ Youā€™ll get better stuff to pay for your losses.

Get into EVE Uni and you can even blow up some older players. A swarm of Frigates can be like a Shoal of Piranhas.

The thing about EVE is that itā€™s a slow-builder. And there is ALWAYS something new to learn. Iā€™ve been playing for 1.5 yrs now, and am still not skilled enough to get into flying a Capital.

Some of us agree that Newbs need better shielding in High Sec tooā€¦

But EVE is EVE. Itā€™s a high-end Math game. Profit & Loss are a big deal.

Soā€¦

Stick to High Sec. Donā€™t use corps. Learn the anomoly sites. Get into the Omen with some lasers and pew-pew-pew some Sansha in Amarr space. Thatā€™s an easy place to start.

And insure your Hull.

I agree with you that High Sec needs a clean-out, but that hasnā€™t happened yet. So for now try the tips I have given you. This game is about patience.

Like in the real world hah? Loosers (and winners) are everywhere :slight_smile:

6 Likes

his ass.

1 Like

There are some of us newbies who are excited to find a game that doesnā€™t hold our hands at every step.

4 Likes

I thought he meant loosers and whiners.

for a year. ya donā€™t see that ya might be at least a tteeny weeny tiny bit responsible or letting that happen right?

4 Likes

Bollocks.

I started with nothing just over 7 months ago.
No game knowledge.
No allies.
No isk.

Now Iā€™ve got a maxed alpha and working on maxing a second in a pirate Corp and have billions to play with. Sure Iā€™ve been ganked and set back a few times. I guess some of us overcome the trials and others whine for rules to change in their favorā€¦

5 Likes

I think sociopaths is better for us

2 Likes

But how they are better for you especially? Can you elaborate? Why you think so?

Was a good post!