PvE Roundtable - Saturday 31st of March

May be something a bit unrelated, but I think modules of tech I origin should turn into scrap metal if they are burned completely. Would bring demand for them somewhat higher, still being quite cheap, but not dirt cheap. Also meta modules production please.

2 Likes

Then by all means, all faction, deadspace and officer ones too,

Yep, why you want a module when you can just do missions in all four empires to get the materials you need and be killed on your way back to make the modules that could have been used to not be killed on your way to do missions to get the materials you need to make one module.
Why have it easy, when you can make it complicated amirite?

1 Like

Yup, I always list EVE times.

4 Likes

I mean those should be excluded as some advanced meta modules that could be repaired. Scrap metal only for those that are named with compact and scoped and such, and tech 1.

1 Like

I think the events are popular when they are new as the rewards are most valuable then, but people either get bored or the rewards drop in value as the event goes on. Also thereā€™s usually been pretty decent gaps between events, seems like they are getting more and more frequent.

For sure. What I would like to note is that you can choose between things like full clears or blitzing for a bunch of missions, although a bunch of blitzes got broken/nerfed.

I want that too, but it has to pay. Thereā€™s also the issue of focus groups going for big cool ideas that donā€™t actually work. or you get so much advice that goes in so many directions the result is super bland and uninteresting. Thereā€™s an episode of The Simpsons where homer designs a car, itā€™s a bunch of things that sound cool, but the end product is completely unmarketable.

not fun and not rewarding, thatā€™s no good, might get a play through by a few people out of curiosity but itā€™s not going to catch on. (guristas anomic base)
fun and not rewarding itā€™s good for a number of plays, then it gets boring and thereā€™s nothing to bring you back (destiny 2)
rewarding but not fun, people will grind it, but probably burn out. A bunch will stick with it to grind wealth (I think most eve pve falls here)
fun and rewarding gold mine! willing to take suggestions for what goes here.

that could be cool

Maybe we could give them a specific objective so there would be blitz potential. And/or specific descriptors to know which are good for blitzing or full clearing.

I also think that just being somewhat random isnā€™t necessarily interesting, as long as it is within normal mission levels I mean what difference is it really from normal missions? Plus or minus a handful of npc ships to kill, is it really worth spending however long it takes to make a system to do that?

Just too much stuff in one place, also donā€™t really care for the star map being in the window. Iā€™d much rather just get a location and then scout it on dotlan, or with the full in game map. And like you say thereā€™s a handful of filters it could use. sec status, storyline, available to me, better range filter. Then when they moved incursions from the journal to the agency they dropped a bunch of info

Iā€™ve also heard of some issues with escalations, but I donā€™t run those

not quite. Production has almost always outpaced destruction, so while we have more isk there are also more goods available, and prices in general have almost always been going down in eve. Very recently CCP changed moon mining and introduced a new class of citadel, this massively changed moon goo, salvage, and PI prices. I believe these are all in the secondary producer index in the MER. This recent activity has been the only blip of inflation in years, the last blip showing up when CCP changed mineral costs of almost all ships. All things considered prices are still pretty dang low in general. You can see in this image from the latest Monthly Economic Report.

beyond that there are some smaller price changes, like when CCP rebalanced t3cs most of the medium faction/deadspace loot jumped in price for a while as people came up with new fits. And now with the AF rebalance many frigate sized mods have increased in price. And of course LP store prices change depending on whatā€™s going on with incursions and FW.

Mission payouts havenā€™t changed, but ship strengths and player tactics have changed making overall income higher. Then between burners and incursions Iā€™d say highsec is in a very competitive place with null. I can make more in highsec than most players can make in null. If you canā€™t well thatā€™s on you, adapt or die.

in 2007 I bought a t2 bcu for 10m as that was the price, now they are 900k, everything is cheaper now! /s

for real though scroll up a little bit on this post and read the bit about the CPI

which LP store do you work for? I really doubt what you are saying. also thereā€™s nothing preventing you from switching corps. If you are just now realizing it isnā€™t a good corp to work for well the rational thing to do would involve switching.

the 200m/hr number is with SoE and is probably the easiest LP store in game to convert.

thereā€™s a few COSMOS missions that drop shiny implants and/or blueprints. so some content like that may be around.

well that got long, yall post too much :stuck_out_tongue:

-10 security status is easily fixed with Security Tags. Suicide Gank characters can and will do criminal actions without being -10 so those event sites and mission sites as well do not make players immune to attack.

Iā€™d guess the standings gating and ship restrictions are more limiting than sec status for ganking resource war runners. It takes the faction police a while to show up, so -10s can move around pretty well in highsec.

that said itā€™s still kinda hard to believe ganking is a huge problem with RW as opposed to everything else that has been gone over above.

1 Like

I donā€™t know if it actually happens or not. I havenā€™t tried Resource Wars because the rewards is crap. However I do know that those who constantly say ā€˜bla bla bla canā€™t happen due to being -10ā€™ are only talking sheit.

Those SOE agents want me to shoot my Amarr buddies, so thatā€™s a hard no.

But can you point me to the missions that pay 200 million isk in bounty? I will give those a try.
I do not know any level 4 mission that pay 200 million in bounty. Call me intrigued.

The time it takes to complete a Worlds Collide or Angel Extravaganza is more than an hour. Then I head back to the agent and get my Noctis to collect metal scraps and some salvage.
Worlds Collide pay around 40 million isk in bounty and Angel Extravaganza pays 45 million isk.
The collection iof salvage and metal scraps pays zero isk but I donā€™t have to buy t1 rigs, so yeay.

Well that would be cool but the bounty payout of Angel Extravaganza or Worlds Collide did not change and remains the same.
However you may be right that everything is cheaper. I only have to do 2000 level 4 missions to by the same stuff for more isk than ever before.

Battleships are an awesome example. Insurance only costs 55 million and if you donā€™t fit it, you almost get 70% of the buy price back when you lose it.

Looking at it, command ships only cost 4 times as much as before, so they almost did not increase in price. Looking at HAC price tags makes me dizzy.

And I only have to do more than 5 times as much pve to do 99% less pvp. Prices are almost good.

1 Like

I never said they were immune, at least in L1 sites (although arguably they are in the higher ones), but they are immune from criminals (in the -10 outlaw sense; and if I wasnā€™t clear on that I take your point and apologize for not being clearer). That makes them some of the safest sites in the game as most characters that mess with miners are outlaws.

Security status may be easily fixed with tags, but they arenā€™t cheap. No one is going to tag-up to shoot a Venture in a L1 resource wars site just like practically no one uses security tags to tag-up so they can enter mining mission sites and shoot miners there. There are Ventures all over the place to shoot if you want and they rarely have anything of value, and probably never are worth spending hundreds of millions of ISK on clone soldier tags just to explode.

It may be quick to fix security status these days but you have to pay others for their time to collect those tags. That large cost serves its purpose as a financial disincentive to mess with non-combatants in highsec as intended.

Saying it doesnā€™t happen or that no one is ever going to do it is incorrect, especially when increasing KM stats is usually the prime directive.

You assume a lot. I would wager ISK that if CCP is able to collect the statistics we would see that zero, or a number statistically indistinguishable from it, people have been ganked in a Resource Wars site in the last 90 days. Yes, there is theoretically a risk if you want to be pedantic, but they are still the safest sites ever put into the game, and require the most effort/cost to PvP there than anywhere else, so it is really border-line insane to claim that safety was a factor in why they failed.

I think all reasonable people here will agree that Drysonā€™s assertion that Resource Wars failed because there were too open to attack by gankers is unequivocally wrong. There were several much more serious problems that kept them from being successful and a widely-used mechanic than the fact that even though they were mechanically the safest sites ever put into the game, there was still a theoretical window for a determined attacker to score a kill at great financial cost.

If that was the case, how come people do the other PvE in highsec, all of which is much more risky that the gated site design that Resource Wars uses?

you can decline the kill amarr missions and while you are at it decline the worlds collides and angel extravaganza too. Just run the burners and a few other missions. With good social skills and faction standings you can decline almost every normal mission, and the few I accept pay very well.

You post on the forums enough Iā€™m sure youā€™ve seen a post with more details and oh yea youā€™ve seen the post, but you dismissed it right away rather than trying it. (or deliberately tried to spread misinformation)

Like I just said mission running tactics have changed, and most mission running ships have been buffed over the years. Plus burners pay out a ton of isk + lp. If you still donā€™t like mission payouts maybe go try incursions.

And you are looking at prices of specific items, you have to look at a large basket of items, sure a bunch of hulls have gone up and down in price over the years, but many of the fittings have mainly trended down. And as I said in an earlier post many of the t2/salvage/pi markets got jacked up with the Moon mining changes, thatā€™s going to be a short run blip, long run I expect the prices to start heading down again.

Iā€™m not gonna debate if it does or doesnā€™t happen because I donā€™t know one way or the other. Personally I donā€™t care what sort of stats CCP would present, nobody can verify it and because of that, CCP can say whatever they want. I merely stated there are tools available to easily get rid of -10 security status and that criminal actions are done by characters regardless of their security status. You assume a lot by speaking for all gankers in the game when you say it will never happen.

The fact that hardly anybody runs the sites is mainly due to crap rewards and secondly, those sites force players to do mining. Now why is that? Why is CCP so hell bent on having players do mining? More importantly why make it require a fleet op to complete those sites? Now if those sites had great rewards like the other event sites, then a lot more players would be doing them. And if that was the case, there would be some sort of awox / gank attempts being done on those running the sites, despite the accelerator gate restrictions to gain entry. Why? Because there would be a fleet of mining ships all gathered together in one place thatā€™s easily located. Basically weā€™re talking fish in a barrel.

Adding Resource Wars to the game because players wanted more Social PvE content in Eve? Maybe my Tinfoil hat is on a bit tight right now but that just sounds like a crock. And those 30 players who said it at a previous roundtable donā€™t represent the playerbase, they definitely donā€™t represent me or the player I know. Hell I can easily find 30 players to say they want more solo PvE content.

1 Like

The events are still the single most profitable PvE in highsec, including all of their aspects. Plus they require minimal effort, undock, run site, snatch reward, dock up, 5-10min.

I donā€™t see a decline in popularity, rather the opposite, uncontested sites in my area are rare even late in the events. ā€¦ before people want to give me advice, I run them on purpose in the most crowded areas because site completion time is much faster and I get the loot anyway.

1 Like

I did try them. It cost me 88 million isk, so I will not do them again.

Which ships would you include it that?

I did. Turns out 536700857657956767567256956706 characters on grid confuse me too much and I cannot focus anymore.
Those incursion Sanshas are so very weird and do things only blood raiders or guristas would and a few of them do more damage than a 500 character machariel gang.

Only if you can complete them. My agent does not want me to complete them but go on a roam in lowsec. 12 jumps is a long way and on my way there, I make 0 isk per hour or any time frame.
I still have little to no use for my millions of LP and I will not move to high populated areas.

You mean, since one guy sold all of its 2 SOE LP for 400 trillion isk, it is now they way of doing things.
There is no other. Everyone must comply. If you do not sell your LP for 400 trillion isk you suck so bad and should go home and biomass amirite.

Hey all, hereā€™s the recording of the roundtable

4 Likes

not 100% sold on that, sure when they have nice drops like the current eventā€™s c3-x BCU they can remain valuable, but with most of the events the accelerator and skin values drop rapidly as the event goes on. Usually better off blitzing missions or running incursions and buying a few accelerators than running the sites.

itā€™s cost me more, I also have a series of cap stable fits that should be hard to lose. Can find them in this forum post. Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings - #7 by Chainsaw_Plankton

Almost every ship has been buffed via ship tiericide, the pirate ships gained huge buffs along the way, and nearly every weapon system has gotten a positive balance patch at some point, damage boosts, cap reductions, range boosts, and the t2 ammo boosts. If we want to go way back most missions were in game before rigs were a thing, so just adding the rig slots was a pretty big buff to mission ships. There have been a few nerfs over that time too, but I feel in general mission ships have gotten stronger over time.

canā€™t blame you there, I tried some myself and wasnā€™t a fan.

yea the burner spawnā€™s are a bit wonky, can go to the next constellation so itā€™s a lot easier to end up in lowsec compared to normal missions. It also tries to find empty systems so it will probably try and send you to that lowsec often.

You can check the market history for prices and trade volume and figure out what the historical isk/lp conversions have been. The LP store costs donā€™t change, and the mineral basket to build items usually stays pretty constant, but if you really wanted you could calculate it with those prices included too.

SOE has mostly been between 1200-2000 isk/lp Right now itā€™s mostly in the 1200-1500 range.

you used to have to build your own spreadsheet to figure out isk/lp but now LP Store - Return on ISK does it all for you. Itā€™s usually accurate but can have some lag if prices are rapidly changing.

2 Likes

Cheers man, appreciate it.

1 Like

I listened to the roundtable and thereā€™s something I would like to talk about the scout sites that hasnā€™t been mentionned.

I personaly donā€™t mind the logis, with one to 3 ships I can shoot through as long as the target is correcly slowed down and focused, but I have a big issue with the ECM ships. Scout sites are for 3 to 5 five players, but you can have up to 3 ECM ships against you in scout sites. Any kind of remote rep/cp is horrible to do, leaving purely self-repairing drone ships or marauder viable imo, which is not at all how the vanguard assault and HQ work.

A minor thing to add is that there is bit too much HP to munch through on average, takes more time for less isk with less choices of fleet viable to run them

3 Likes