Quantum cores make stations unaffordable for Joe/anne Sixpack, average EVE player

Explain?

My comment was based on the fact that there was already a reason to destroy them in hisec and it just added to the certainty. Whereas in nullsec they were often left because it was too much hassle, like certain pipe campers in Catch for example.

I am sure that if CCP added a requirement to fly a Titan that doubled the cost and made them an even BIGGER target than they already were with a 100% guranteed multi-billion isk drop, with no increased utility at all, that the big nullsec blocs would be up in arms. Thatā€™d NEVER get up, not in a million years.

So why do it to structures?

I get that structures (and titans) became something that wasnā€™t expected or foreseen. But surely the solution to that isnā€™t to screw people over who were simply good at the game as it was presented to them?

Absolutely. Sandboxes have boundaries. Sometimes those even need adjusting.

But this wasnā€™t a boundary adjustment. This was like giving the kids a sieve to play with in the sandbox, and then replacing the sand overnight with pebbles, then giving other kids a bat to wack the kids who couldnā€™t couldnā€™t run the pebbles through the sieves any more, and then blaming the sieve kids for the problem.

Cores for titans, upkeep cost with fuel blocks, and make them not dockable.

Because there is too much of them. Cap spam must be ended, and they must be a content for people, following the narration from all people who really dont like them.

:joy:

1 Like

Without PvE, thereā€™d be no PvPā€¦

Nerfs happen for a better game.

Like when they nerfed rorquals, they couldnā€™t let everyone who already owned a rorqual keep the over powered version because they ā€˜played by the rulesā€™ as you put it.

Too many structures owned by too many people trivialised the content. Putting up a refinery was worth less because there are already 15 in system and they all have to compete for the most attractive refine tax.

Reduce that number to a few refineries and the owners can charge more. Structures are more worth havingā€¦by non-time wasters anyways.

You forgot the bit where I can just happen along at the right moment with a hauler and make off with a multi-billion isk 100% guaranteed drop.

Can you imagine the outrageā€¦

What structures copped with Quantum Cores was WAY more than a nerf.

Had they said ā€œHere, to keep mining ANYTHING with a Rorq, you have to install a Rorqual Core worth 1b isk, exclusively NPC seeded and bought back at 100% of sale price by the same NPCs, AND itā€™s a 100% drop if a rorq pops, so rorq hunters, go nutsā€, then itā€™d be equal. And thatā€™s before we consider the fact that a Rorq is at least mobile.

All the Rorq copped was lowered utility.

Thats a pro-grind narration that PACCP will gladly listen to.

they all have to compete for the most attractive refine tax.

You write that like competition would be a bad thing.

Do you want monopolised market that is steered and prices set by untouchable corps?

I wonder what would economists say.

Ah I forgot CCP doesnt have one for a long time.

@D_Kins_Cider

structures ā€¦ citadels ā€¦ was bad planing from the beginning ā€¦ well maybe not planing ā€¦ it should be as safe as a npc structure in the beginning ā€¦ players should use it ā€¦ i guess we would have used them anyways ā€¦ even with low power stuff and and abandoned state ā€¦ the core thing is not funny but in the end it will not change a lot ā€¦ the 100% drop rate is stupid ā€¦ it should be like normal but it isnt ā€¦ well ā€¦

its like it is ā€¦ often in EVE ā€¦ CCP brings something to EVE and the players use it in totally different then planed ā€¦ happend with mobile depots to ā€¦ not that important but it was not expected ā€¦

now EVE Devs play EVE and can start thinking like players ā€¦ maybe we dont have such problem in the future ā€¦ it was to easy to make isk ā€¦ so everything was possible ā€¦ 500 astrahus in one system? no problem ā€¦

JuuR

Yeah it happens.

See wardecs and their nerf late 2018.

Ironically itā€™s because wardecs got such a massive nerf that structures also needed to be nerfed hard.

Too much competition because things are easy IS a bad thing in eve because it prevents individuals from standing out.

Imagine if all freighters could teleport to their destination. Red/black frog would never have started.

Thereā€™s a balance between letting every tom dick and harry have a structure and having only one group have structures.

Right now we are somewhere in between that.

The goals of a real life economy are not the same as the goals of EVEā€™s economy.

In real life ā€˜bottingā€™ everything would be a good thing. Low prices, high productivity and all the humans get to work less.

EVEā€™s economy is meant to be harsh and dangerous, but rewarding for those who put the effort in and take risks.

2 Likes

I was just getting one more step.

Maybe owing a structure could be limited to your acknowledgement by the local space lord.

• HS, WS C1-3 : medium
  • LS if you are alied with local faction, pirate NS, WS C4-5 : large
  • NS where you claimed the system, C6 : XL.

Since the situation can change, you can add additional tax and fuel cost when the system does not follow the requirements anymore. Like +5% base tax on all activities, Ɨ5 to fuel cost.
Not sure if itā€™s a good idea.

Nope ? it was because structures were spammed in NS, not in HS, where wardecs are used.
There was no structure spam in HS.

If that were really true they could have made quantum cores a null sec only thing.

3 Likes

You dare to accuse CCP of logical thinking.

I never complained about too many high sec structures, but I know who could have done that.

Group that have the most of them thereā€¦

If CCP goal is to make structures only a thing that megacorps can dabble with, well thats their game design. I think it will only make less people enjoy the game.

3 Likes

I actually disagree. Thereā€™s a LOT of structures in highsec. Way more than is sensible.

But could they really ? Whatā€™s the cost of making one more mechanism with arbitrary set of rule, that will be harder to debug, create more bug, make people not understand the difference since itā€™s more complex ?

I think itā€™s better with a simple uniform solution.

Thatā€™s unrelated. spam is not the total amount. Itā€™s about the frequency. If you have ten times more people in HS, then itā€™s expected to have ten times more structures.

Fake news. Lots of players had poses. Upwells came, lots of players had them too.
CCP has only recently decided this nonsenseā€¦dont rewrite history.

1 Like

If upwells were off your overview just like old school poses were you wouldnt care because you wouldnā€™t even see it.

The rate at which structures were going up was silly, as the real cost had dropped over time - same as it had for battleships and capitals. Even so, I donā€™t think the rate is the problem, except as a function of the total number being deployed.

Sure, it wasnā€™t the silly dropping structures to game sov mechanics that were were seeing from the large null blocs in nullsec, but the number was pretty high, as was the rate they were going up at. Did it actually hurt anything in highsec? Not sure. Certainly there was basically no real need to use NPC stations any more, but if theyā€™re at the point where they need to be balancing the use of NPC stations as their priority, the gameā€™s clearly in a better state than I think it isā€¦

I donā€™t think the visibility of them was the issue - if so, thereā€™s a LOT more things to address (like the ridiculous secure container/mobile depot spam at gates and in high traffic areas.

1 Like