Quantum cores make stations unaffordable for Joe/anne Sixpack, average EVE player

Well, in the same way as you’re confined within the rules as set by creators in any game.

What is it that you feel you cannot do?

I won’t give you examples. I won’t play that game. I know and you know that there are LOTS of things we can’t do.

I can’t try what I want to do, that’s why I’m calling EVE not a sandbox.

Bring back standings for planting a structure. Structures are meant to be a corporate asset not to be spammed by the solo player.

So you dont know. Cool.

Great discussion, thanks eyeroll

3 Likes

You’re welcome.

1 Like

That’s another thing among many other things I can’t do.

Stop calling EVE a sandbox and the confusion will be gone.
Stop saying it’s “also” PvE. It’s not pve game, it’s PvP game all they way.
We get attacked simply for traveling, that’s not PvE.
We get attacked for mining, ratting… that’s not PvE.

Ratting is PvE, getting away with it is PvP.

Eve is a sandbox, you can do whatever you want, but so can everybody else, and that’s where conflict comes from.

3 Likes

EVE is also a PvE game. There are many pure PvP games out there and EVE isn’t one.

PvP is everywhere in EVE though, even when you’re doing PvE.

2 Likes

Not true.
Read posts above. It’s been determined that EVE is not a sandbox.

You don’t see the contradiction between those two statements? I do.

Your problem seems to be the other people can do what they like too, you don’t seem to like the fact that they can interfere in what you want to do.

Tough cookies my friend that’s the game.

2 Likes

You assume too much. That’s not my problem.

What are you talking about??? There’s no cookies in EVE, just carrots from what I read.

You missed the nuance I made with the word ‘pure’. Pure PvP games.

There are games on the market that only offer PvP gameplay, without any interaction with the environment. Games that could not be played if there was no opponent, for example chess.

EVE can theoretically be played solo and without interaction with other players… if there were no other players.

Oh you play around with words. Semantics? Are you a politician?

So EVE is not pure lol. I knew that one.

I’m not saying we can’t play solo. Here, take your strawman back.

Thats right, its not a sandbox (thanks btw, for accepting my definition of a sandbox), but you can do whatever you want anyway.

No I can’t. That’s why EVE is not a sandbox.

Well as whatever you want to do is a top secret secret, no one can help you achieve it, can they?

I’m not asking for help.

Youre not asking for much, just blind faith that there is an impossible task.

Maybe Id like to see if I can do it.