Quantum cores make stations unaffordable for Joe/anne Sixpack, average EVE player

Then do PvP to make ISK?

I’d rather keep my hands clean, yea.

Incursions, abyssal, missions, mining, ratting. Those are all player vs environment. Yes pvp can happen, but mostly it’s all pve

I can’t. I don’t have the skill, isk or the PvP ship for it.

If you want to keep your hands clean and don’t want sand on your hands, maybe find a hobby that’s not a sandbox?

It will happen so all those so-called PvE activities are really PvP disguised as PvE.

I did. I found EVE Online.

Yet you are complaining that you do not want to get your hands dirty in this game to build your own sand castle?

Keep looking, there must be a game better suited to your tastes.

No, I was humoring your ridiculous assertion.

You’re getting close. PvE activities are there to enable PvP, and in the most general of terms are also PvP activities because you’re almost always in competition with other players because most of the rewards end up changing hands through the market; which can be the most brutal PvP of all.

Like I said. PvP disguised as PvE, so there is no actual PvE.

Ratting, mining etc are “traditional” PvE activities; right up until someone makes it PvP by either using the rewards on the market, or the person engaged in PvE gets shot in the face.

This is by design, CCP consider every activity in Eve to be PvP; the confusion arises because some of those activities are traditionaly classed as PvE in other games.

So, let’s recap.
I have established, beyond doubt, that EVE Online isn’t a Sandbox game.
Also established is the fact that PvE is non-existent without the PvP component in EVE, there’s only a hint of PvE but, in the words of @Gerard_Amatin, there is no pure PvE.

That’s all I wanted to point out and establish in this thread under the topic: Quantum makes stations Unaffordable because EVE is NOT a Sandbox.

Thank you all for participating. Have a good day.

Doubt.

No. I said the opposite: EVE is not a pure PvP game.

Just because you’re too poor to afford a station doesn’t mean people in general cannot put one down.

I cannot afford one either by the way, at least not to put one down and defend it on my own, but that changes nothing about whether EVE is a sandbox or not…

How is the affordability of Quantum Cores related to whether Eve has PvE, is a sandbox, or not?

Wait was the topic you not being able to afford a station or a debate if eve is a sandbox? You should read the definition of sandbox. Sandbox game - Wikipedia

Seems like you just want to be handed everything for free or close to it.

1 Like

Oh gosh another troll :roll_eyes:

Broken finger?

(Reference to earlier post)

Just like the sand box argument. You don’t seem to know what a troll is either. Here you go. Internet troll - Wikipedia