Quantum cores make stations unaffordable for Joe/anne Sixpack, average EVE player

This forum is full of trolls. I’m out of here.

Disagreement is not trolling.

Don’t let the door hit you on the arse when you leave.

That’s just plainly false.
You can still place them.

Like you could before.

This. It’s still a sandbox, but CCP suddenly decided that letting people have any structure while being a smallcorp was a no.

@OP
Now deal with it. I personally embraced it, and it also means I don’t care anymore about being wardeced in HS since I can’t. No more of a need to connect and move my stuff to not lose it …
I think it’s a good thing. I can leave and come back like in 2 month and not care about my stuff disappearing… well unless CCP AGAIN decides to ■■■■ up and move assets.

2 Likes

Who are you, and what have you done with the real @Anderson_Geten ?

:yum:

3 Likes

Happy forum anniversary

1 Like

Anyone who disagrees with me is a troll.

Anyone who makes a point I can’t answer is a double troll!

1 Like

Eve is definitely a sandbox, just some parts of the box has patches of quicksand in it.

1 Like

With crocodiles lurking in the mangrove…

A friend of mine has owned a highsec freeport Astra in his solo corp for a long time. Here’s where I think his situation probably differs from other solo players who feel like they can’t reasonably own a solo citadel.

• The citadel itself is more than 20j from both Jita and Amarr
  • He’s got at least 4-5 accounts, each with a solid PvP character, and he’s capable of multiboxing together them in PvP
  • Via NPSI stuff his corp has a very green killboard with fleet kills spread across his toons
  • He’s very capable of moving expensive things around hostile space safely and doing complex logistical operations alone.
  • He can afford to lose it.

Eve is hard, and going solo makes it 5 times harder. If you really put the time, effort and thought into it though there’s very few things out of the reach of a solo player, and solo citadel owning gameplay is no different.

2 Likes

I solo with one account, have done for nearly a decade. Been exploded in some weird and wonderful places also been ganked a few times. I was looking to getting my own place but the risk reward don’t slide especially with the new cores and high-sec gameplay, for a completely solo player its best to either use someone elses home or rent a room from one of the empires.

1 Like

@Dray_Cil
Most functionality has been removed (i.e. production, research, harvest moon goo). I think the only thing they still do is provide a pos shield and automatically defend themselves.

2 Likes

How much do folks reckon an anchored coreless station is worth?

What about intensive refineries? Probably don’t work either, eh?

Dray Cil

People use them as a place to warp when you have a weapon timer. You can’t dock/tether but you can still enter a POS shield strangely.

No they don’t, you can still use the refinery and compression array but any manufacturing, research, etc, all non functional, you can put a job in for manufacturing but nothing comes out and you lose all your minerals/materials you imputed.

1 Like

same here
never had a strut

Not exactly. All of the deployables will auto delete if left unattended for 30 days.

Outside of mobile depot “art” in Jita etc, the rest of the “advertising” deployables could maybe be fixed with the ability to use the existing billboards in some way.

So sayeth Scootaloo.

Or was it Scooter?

Meh, no matter, Scoots has decreed you are not deserving!

–Gadget does what she wants

Tell him : “We got a mind of our own, so go to hell if what you’re thinking is not right !”

Don’t let him fool ya ! Or even try to school ya !

A sandbox is not the same as a litter box. And most sandboxes have parents that keep out dangerous implements and make sure the play is constructive.