Quit eve today

The dangers are obvious and losing your ship from a dc is one of those dangers. Be real with yourself and admit that you knew this when you made that choice and move on.

If you are just angry about this being a danger, then make a thread on that and stop beating around the bush.

You get out of it what you put into it. Be realistic!

You can also submit a ticket to CCP about the d/c if it’s worth it to you, and they may reimburse you depending on how the d/c occurred (happened).
If you do lose a ship or other due to a d/c, you may want to try to be in situations in which this loss may not occur.
Of course, you can also chose not to, and to blame it on the potential loss, but EVE Online should allow you to leave when you want to.

OP’s post got a lot more mileage than I expected.

Lost two due to DC in past month total in red 10bill or so,soo i feel your pain OP.

Getting xploded from high end NPC is fine getting xploded from another pod pilot is fine but getting kicked out of game and login back to see pod in a station is lame to start with lame to end with…with some lame in the middle.

Bad coding is bad even timer is gone for you to see,dont worry you will still die to it you just cant see it anymore.
Timer is also poorly coded in rest of eve space when you hit that gate there is small bubble animation around your ship and you are gone if your drones are out you cant control them anymore they just hang there non responding hostile drones will freeze as well missiles that were going toward you will fly past you any turret will stop firing you CANT interact with environment and environment CANT interact with you.

you CANT interact with environment and environment CANT interact with you.

This part doesn’t apply in abyssal space when you lose control of your ship ie press gate activation, bubble around your ship forms camera pans to look at warp tunnel…but timer is still ticking you are locked out of game and than you die.such coding mastery right there.

Instead of fighting 3 rooms against all odds dipping in armor/structure recovering challenging a site with a crappy ship getting 3 out of 3 worst possible spawns in a row,kill them all make it back to gate ship falling apart activate damn thing lose control…and then …you fuckin win that’s call a hook that’s why you spent time coding and that’s what keeps player engaged…basic…how to make something good 101…congratulations you completely missed it.

My win was rewarded with billions in red some “sound” that i guess represent my ship exploding i saw my naked ass corpse for a second and next sec i was looking at a pod in station.you see abyssal space didn’t imploded that 100km barrier didn’t collapse and red fiery death didn’t come for my ship i didn’t got shoot out of there in last seconds screaming in terror while my ship is melting away and come to a stop in normal space me cant believing how lucky i was…no my ship didn’t implode inside either…there was some “sound” than my naked behind ,black screen …sigh.

Will this game ever move from Pentium III era coding i wonder.
In words of Ezreal “You belong in museum”.

If anyone is curious, my in game friends talked me into rebuilding. With that being said, I will never do abyssal sites again…and CCP still defends their view that the DC was my fault even though I haven’t DC in any other game since making this thread :roll_eyes:

1 Like

By all mean, if the log off function refuses to function, or biomass, or cancel sub, you can try to unplug your computer.
If that doesn’t work, you may want to try stronger methods.
It should have let you do it first though.

I agree. There are better ways of making isk with much less risk.

Unfortunately CCP probably burned hundreds of thousands of dollars on Abyssal sites that no-one wants to run.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.