Quitted game until at least keyboard flight controls

Staring of by saying thanx for this awesome gameworld. Still I am quitting my paid accounts because I really want to control my spaceships with at least keyboard flight controls, or even better true joystick control. Having enjoyed dual Omega Accounts about 1,5 years, I still really love the total EVE experience, but just wake me up again when I can really manually pilot and manoeuvre are these wonderful spaceships. Everything else here is totally awesome, just this navigation aspect of click-approach/orbit etcetera is to slow / unrealistic.
Thanx to all, fly safe and have fun, and I really hope to one day fly through these awesome solarsystems again with true manual piloting!!!

Um…

That’s seriously why you quit…
ONE & A HALF YEARS LATER?

–Gadget doesn’t buy this

5 Likes

Hehe, strangerer, I can actually fly with keyboard, there are keys for direction, deacceleration, acceleration, ship stop, even activation of modules. Just look at the settings. :smile:

8 Likes

You can controll the ship with the keyboard. The keys are just not mapped by default.

3 Likes

EVE Online is the poor man’s Sandbox, its Dirt that’s really nothing more than loose clay!

The Developers just don’t get it that it’s about Spaceships! To them it’s all about Suicide Ganking, So, they pretty much don’t care that flying a ship in EVE is “Tab-Target”, unrealistic, etc. As long as people can get Ganked, CCP, and its horde of incompetent Devs are satisfied.

1 Like

Bye Felicia!

6 Likes

Haha there are other games that allow you to fly your space ship. Try Elite Dangerous. Wish you all the best with your endeavors.

2 Likes

Well you already can, but it doesn’t really help you much as you’re still limited by EVE’s physics and manual control won’t make you any harder to kill etc

3 Likes

Not the sharpest there are you op

This, we have had what you want for years

4 Likes

Can I have your stuff?

Edit: C’mon guys. I beat the rest of you to that question? Your off your game. :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit 2: Damn typos…

5 Likes

You can use the arrow keys to control direction.

1 Like

Elite Dangerous is the game you want to play.

Eve is more like submarines in space.

2 Likes

You really think he’s got anything worth having if he’s not gotten as far as the options menu?

6 Likes

The story alone doesn’t sound plausible, but look at his name, the way he writes, his spelling and think about what he’s requesting… It certainly is in the realm of possibility and, considering modern society, wouldn’t surprise me to be the case.

1 Like

Good point, but you never know. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Eve isnt a simulation and it isnt about lining up cross hairs and pulling the trigger. Its about a hunan body cotroling the ship via nervous system/wire hookups to the computer of the ship. The capsuleer gives orders, msg goes down wires hooked to his brain/spine, things happen, crew of the ship makes sure computer programs dont freeze and guns dont jam. Youre captin picard in this game not the fighter ace red baron.

3 Likes

In Eve you are more James T Kirk than Han Solo.

You have a neural link to the ships computer to do the flying and a crew to do the scutwork, all while you netflix and chill in your pod.

4 Likes

I am just damn sexy.

4 Likes

not that flying by keyboard and a fixed camera would do anything for you, its not world of warships where you can dodge fire landing around you

1 Like

Fine, then…Chewbacca you are.

2 Likes