Red DOT opt out - WHEN?

Is there a timeline for when this can actually be turned off, even if optional?

/triggered

5 Likes

soon™

:red_circle: Never.

AmazingNeglectedHarlequinbug-max-1mb

1 Like

They are going to keep it long enough that when a fix is introduced, it can be sold as a new feature, rather than a bug fix.

2 Likes

I guess it will be in April release at best. This is how much time it takes to fix colors in market window before.
Edit: wait a second, red dot was introduced in February release… Adding a check box in settings is significantly harder than changing color, we will have to wait another month I guess.

It will not be changed at all. If they wanted to they would have already.

1 Like

Clip 1

They’re aware of how much players hate the red dot (it’s been discussed with the devs on the talk shows), and admit that it might need to be toned down. However, I don’t know why they can’t/won’t make it optional. Ugh, as much as I hate to say it, this may be a case where players need to keep complaining.

2 Likes

If you do not like the red dot then make a bug report every day. If enough people create bug reports every day it will get changed. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Try it and report back to us.

Bug report sample template

Annoying Red Dots Everywhere

There are very annoying red dots everywhere. I see them on my sidebar, in my inventory and my cargo hold. Please make them go away! This is messing with my OCD in a big way!

I can reproduce this issue by both getting new stuff and transferring old stuff.