Refund Player Bounties Please with interest for the downtime

Well by putting 500m on each freighter char was pretty much covering the gank cost plus some & it never failed to either drive that char out of freighters or for a gank to occur.

Eventually the freight stopped and trade price recovered. Proving the bounty system worked really well when used with some one with a brain cell.

Also saying the bounty did not encourage the gank was not what the gankers told me. They asked to be informed of chars I had placed bounties on.

1 Like

The bounty system despite flawed still worked pretty well though, once Iā€™ve reached over a bil bounty on my main and also my Jita thief alt the failed suicide attempts kept coming in every now and then providing fun entertainment and sometimes a nice little free killmail or two as well. :slight_smile:

@CCP_Dopamine Is the bounty system coming back? If the issue was lag in nullsec blobfights - canā€™t you just make bounties only active in Highsec? They were an important part of Highsec gameplay, and a lot of people would like them back.

2 Likes

With the war in the southwest officially over, according to at least one side of the conflict, the bounties should return in full glory.

1 Like

It should be simple enough for CCP to state either:

1. We have decided not to reinstate bounties. No refunds.

2. We are still working on this and hope to resolve various issues.

3. We forgot about this entirely! Thanks for reminding us!

9 Likes

Totally agree there. But ā€¦ when was the last time ccp actually responded to a question of this kind with useful information ? Or a decision ? Perhaps our community managers are not encouraged to contact devs for the relevant info, because there is no info (yet) ? Incommunicado seems the current meme with ccp.

1 Like

Btw, CCP, Iā€™m available for hire. Iā€™m a good secretary, and I can come to meetings and summarize decisions and policies, and provide clear coherent information to the players (which will encourage retention!).

@CCP_Hellmar ^^

5 Likes

hint: selling them ā€œMeeting Licensesā€ should help with the daily output :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Where did they say theyā€™d refund the money??

This really.

In the words of Hilmar Watch what they do not what they say

2 Likes

CCP is so in need of this, they have the corporate memory of a gold fish, they need to have a permanent tenured employee whose job it is to keep a finger on the pulse of this game and patch notes. Not a developer but just someone paid well enough to stick around & actually play near all aspects of this game.

No not the CSM, an actual salaried employee with no loyalty other than to CCP.

Some one who can go wait, you are releasing this skin? I remember we said ā€˜ā€˜limited time itemā€™ā€™, ā€˜ā€˜last chance to obtainā€™ā€™, ā€˜ā€™ final releaseā€™ā€™. Releasing this would seem to go against something we said 7 years ago ect,

Someone who actually has an idea of value of items before CCP just hey up & idiotically change the game ie, making Titans now near unassimilable for new players while allowing vets to cyno stomp any new entity to the game. Sooooooooooooooooo, dumb then wondering why we have no new blood in the game.

1 Like

Pretty sure the system automatically refunds people when the bounty target doesnā€™t login for a certain amount of time, but i would imagine they will just refund it all once they remove the system, it was a pretty worthless system to begin with tbh

It was not worthless & no you donā€™t get your bounty back. Now that CCP have removed the system we should be getting our bounties back as said in the CCP post.

where did they say that? Nothing I read in that first post suggests any money is to be returned.

@Brisc_Rubal do you or @Mike_Azariah have any info on this that you are able to share?

You did, if a player was inactive for long enough their bounty pool was sent back to people who had contributed to it

Yes, yes it was, there were no actual mechanics it was just a tiny ISK payment for killing a player, not even worth writing home about, you would need to solo someone in a capital in order to get a payout that didnā€™t suck lol

The bounty system has never been that useful

1 Like

New players disagree

2 Likes

Citation needed

New players donā€™t interact with the bounty system in the slightest, other than random people sticking bounties on their heads for the lulz

Prove that the bounty system serves literally any actual purpose

Thatā€™s never how the system has worked in the past, to my knowledge, and I donā€™t recall them saying it would work this way.

We havenā€™t discussed it in a long time. I can ask them to make a statement, but other than the handful of people in here, I have heard no complaints that itā€™s gone and most people donā€™t really seem to care.

1 Like

Until this thread I didnā€™t even know it had been removed.

Lol,
No refunds!

3 Likes