Refund Player Bounties Please with interest for the downtime

I am the citation. I was a new player, and in comparison to a 2008 player like you, I am still a new player. The bounty system provided a very generous 20% of ship value bounty on every bountied target I killed. As a bounty hunter, I found this quite desirable. I’m sure it doesn’t compare to your rorqual mining income, but for a new player killing retrievers, its nice to get a few million isk to cover the cost of shooting a wanted criminal. I definitely prioritized the miners who offended others in local, and had sizable bounties, hence the bounty system was working as intended.

With the removal of the bounty system, there’s basically no incentive whatsoever to engage in Highsec PvP - so if this is the direction CCP is going, it would be best to delete Highsec altogether and move everyone to lowsec.

2 Likes

Most bounties aren’t worth it even at 20%, i mean they were only really worth it at the 100% payout we had originally but that was too easy to claim on an alt, the killmail and generally the loot is worth far more than the bounty is ever going to net you for this reason

Can’t even fly a rorq and i don’t live in null :stuck_out_tongue:

If its flying a retriever its not a wanted criminal its just some moron placing bounties on peoples heads for the lulz, there isn’t an actual bounty system and people don’t even have to have done anything other than exist for a bounty to be placed on them, i used to drop them on people in rookie help just to see their reactions lol

Ahh right should have checked your corp shouldn’t i, silly CODE

So yeah by the fact you think it was worth it thats enough to prove it actually wasn’t just because of who you are :stuck_out_tongue:

Whereas one of us was actually quite involved with the bounty system

What’s worth it is a matter of opinion. Some people would say that mining isn’t worth it. Others would say that ratting isn’t worth it. Others would say that missions aren’t worth it.

I think bounties are worth it.

They are a good boost for new players who are getting into PvP.

2 Likes

Even though Aiko is just having fun yanking your chain, I will say one thing. I put up freighter size loads in courier contracts for three million ISK. They get picked up in less than an hour most of the time.

So, yeah. Different people define lots or little ISK by their own experience. What’s nothing for you might be plenty for someone else.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

Sounds like you found the people who just want to AFK haul on alts, because 3mil isn’t anything to someone who owns a freighter and you could make more in the same time running level 3 missions

The reason they’re doing it is irrelevant to this discussion. You said people don’t do stuff for next to nothing. I gave an example that they do. That’s it. End of story.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

No, you gave me an example of a literal AFK activity that can be done on an alt, so yeah the reason is extremely relevant

I do plenty of stuff for next to nothing, but I bet he’ll say thats a lie or I use an alt for it AFK.

AFK salvaging is pretty tricky to manage, Ill say.

1 Like

Yeah please do, either bounty is to be reactivated or ISK refunded by CCP’s own statement. I don’t mind which, regards.

Cherry,

The issue here is they didn’t say they were going to refund anybody’s money. They said the opposite, based on the idea that this was temporary. Even if it’s not temporary, they didn’t make an affirmative statement that folks will get their isk back.

Regardless, I’ll ask about it.

4 Likes

are you a politician in RL ?

No, I’m a high school janitor.

5 Likes

WINK

6 Likes

A far more worthy occupation. :wink:

Rattati said ore redistribution and scarcity was temporary too. If you are not happy with CCP then un-sub like Rattati told everyone to do.

Here is what I would do if I had any say on the matter of bounties:

1. You can only place a bounty on a person who commited a crime against you. You can only do it once and it needs to be done within 7 days after he commited the crime.

This means only somebody who attacked you without having the rights to do so. Suspects you fire upon and who shoot back are not regarded as commiting a crime in that scenario.

1. Anyone who has a bounty on his head can be shot anywhere without concord interference.

2. Anyone who has a bounty on his head, does not get any insurance payouts, as long as the bounty remains.

3. If you kill somebody with a bounty on his head, you get 80% of the ship value including fitting. If the bounty is lower than that amount, you get the entire bounty that is placed on his head and the person you killed is cleared from his crimes.

In addition to that I would remove the rule of people with a -5 sec rating or lower to be outlaws, just to give people an incentive to actually place bounties on their killer. Getting chased by faction police however should remain the same.

And just like that you make bounty hunting worthwhile, and you put some power into the victims hand as well. Unlike the situations where most of the time criminals are free for all anyway, in this system the victim actually has a mechanic at his disposal that potentially impacts their killers game play.

While in practice this will not have any negative impact on criminals, compared to the current situation, I guess some victims can at least get a little bit of satisfaction out of it, when they know that their bounty, now makes it possible for anyone to shoot their killer.

Due to the disabled insurance, clearing your own bounty still comes with a 20% loss and at the same time a 80% payout would most likely make bounty hunting a lot more interesting for people who would like to do that as a profession.

And because of rule 1 you can not just go ahead and place bounties on just anybody.

edit: Just to clarify… those need to be personal bounties and not bounties placed on alliances or corps as that would be too easy to exploit.

Another great example of a dying game and the idiots left running it have no clue WTF they are doing.

Hay CCP give me my ISK or turn them back on… You don’t get to steal from me you assholes.

Now, to be fair, you weren’t actually going to get that ISK back in the first place really, so they didn’t “steal” anything from you, when you place a bounty you pay to do it, thats a simple transaction, people don’t expect to get that money back on bounties they placed themselves

ccp can’t steal something that belongs to them… the isk doesn’t belong to you.

1 Like

but CCP did delete part of the game, after indicating it would only be temporarily for a month… one year ago… and they’ve never acknowledged it since

CCP can do what they want, of course, but I don’t think deleting content is a step in the right direction