Resource Redistribution Update

He is not wrong…

Totally agree with the first paragraph. The world out side is frightening, deadly and depressing than it has been in along time. I play to have something to do and forget it for a bit. The trig invasion and this destruction of the economy is too much like the world around me at this point.

2 Likes

Deary deary me. Seems I have retuned to the game just in time for a huge sh1te storm.

Weathered a few in the past and came out the other side. Back in the day (earlyish days more than 10 years ago) when you were ganked in low to medium sect if you had the right builds, a hulk could quite easily take on the gankers in their small ships and beat them. In those day carebares if they wanted them had teeth GRRRRR GRRR leave my ores alone.

Well as an almost dedicated miner industrialist I am finding this tread quite entertaining :laughing:

Lets see now what has not been mentioned as yet…ahhh yes something that was starting to become quite prevalent and everybody moaned about the dreaded
“carebare”

…hang on not a carebare…

its a BOT Bare … whoo whoo

because they can’t be bothered to actually play the game. Well here we are 10 years or so later and what’s happened? Well despite CCP stating back then that using scripts to play the game was not allowed and against the T’s & C’s of play they did nothing about it PERIOD. Unfortunately I do not have a copy of the EULA from back then. However, I have just checked the EULA which was

[quote] Updated May 24, 2018 [unquote]

and under part 6. Conduct it specifically states:-

Clause’s 2 and 3

[quote]

  1. You may not use your own or third-party software to modify any content appearing within the Game environment or change how the Game is played.

  2. You may not use your own or any third-party software, macros or other stored rapid keystrokes or other patterns of play that facilitate acquisition of items, currency, objects, character attributes, rank or status at an accelerated rate when compared with ordinary Game play. You may not rewrite or modify the user interface or otherwise manipulate data in any way to acquire items, currency, objects, character attributes or beneficial actions not actually acquired or achieved in the Game.
    [unquote]

both above quote’s are from the page below
Eve ELUA

So does that mean you are allowed to use script’s or macros to BOT mine ore’s? because they do not break the T’s & C’s? because you and not changing how the game is played?

There is something amiss here !!!

Clause 2. or change how the Game is played

and clause 3 is about acquiring items and or objects.
or
is that where CCP are tuning a blind eye because they have other things on their political agenda?

are roids objects and the ore gained from them do not count?

is ore and object in its own right?

what about the minerals obtained form said ore/roid?

Only today there must have been between 5-10 BOT Bare ships in every high sec system I visited and at least 2-3 roid belts where occupied by them in each system. Humm funny no one has spotted this factor and now they are trying to address a problem that has obviously been growing for many years…those totally endearing BOT Bares.

Cheers buddies for your contribution in bringing about the current situation where CCP has stepped into the sand box and is handing out meal tickets for some and pulling the carpet out from under many others.

OK miners and industrialists instead of moaning about the situation why don’t we do something positive about it.

  1. Make friendly overtures with hard core PvPer’s and invite them to come to high sec and kill BOT Bares. Yayy BOT Bare burgers on the menu yummy.
    OK so the thought police may not like you doing this and send CONCORD after them. Hell its what they enjoy a good ole fight

  2. For those afraid the big null/low sec Corps are going to come and take over high sec, help one another out by banding and working together. Maybe even consider amalgamating many of the smaller Corps into larger Corps with more active members. If those big null/low Corps are considering taking over high sec this may make them reconsider.

  3. Its a sand box game and sometimes someone will build a bigger sand castle than you just because they can, so how you gonna knock it down. Running away will not do the job. So before you leave the game stop and think what can I do to help avert a potentially disastrous situation occurring in a game so many of you clearly love . Crikey there is one guy I know who has been playing the game for 17 years. Probably started the game when it was beta testing back in 2002. Wish I had been able to take part in that, just could not afford it on dial up rates at the time.

From a personal perspective, I see nothing wrong with roaming across the various systems to find the ore’s you need to build your stuff. For me that’s part of the fun. What scrapes am I gonna be able to get out of today. Will I get ganked yet again. Can I afford to take this action knowing I might lose my ship and a load of ISK’s worth of fittings.

Well errr yeah !!! I’m and industrialist, I’ll just build another Haa haaa

OK so on the serious side there is the possibility this change could affect my ability to make some stuff, it sure as hell ain’t gonna stop me dead in the water.

Sorry its been a long post. However, spent several hours reading the entire thread before replying.

OK said my 2 ISK’s worth back to you guys and gals :slight_smile:

As far as the criteria goes in the devblog, spodumain doesnt belong in any sec, so its either a error or spod is going to trigsec.

Relax bois.
Remeber “Blackout” ? and how (I assume) Perl Abyss, the new OWNER of CCP bitc*slapped it forcing a rollback that came out of nowhere ( totally not cause of all the bots cancelling subs !).
Just wait 2-3 weeks, maybe less and you’ll hear a juicy “SLAP” once again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They predicted a mass exodus with Lifeblood. Didn’t happen. You’ll live.

no trig/edencom systems anywhere on Sisi at the moment. There goes my chance to see the world arc :stuck_out_tongue:

Why do miners have to take all the risk and gankers and thieves have next to zero risk? CODE robs people all day everyday with no risk at all. CCP would never nerf its past time of killing miners in high sec with CODE. I’m not a bot and I should not be treated as one. CCP is punishing me for being honest. Been flying green all my life and I have made all my own clicks. No one wants to be forced into low sec where CODE will have a field day with zero risk. CODE has no skill, that is why they gank ships that wont and can’t shoot back, everyone knows how risky and dangerous a Hulk is, right? If EVE were real life, the HULK would have a tank and a ■■■■ load of guns on it. I would have guns, from end to end, on my Orca. CCP is evil, with no morals or honor whatsoever. They made EVE a place where bullies can thrive with zero risk and massive rewards. What’s Concord going to do? Not a dam thing! Security standings should be tied to the IP address. Gankers and thieves should have to face some risk. In a civilized world they would spend time in jail for their crimes but not in EVE. CCP encourages bulling and theft but does nothing to nerf that industry. Where is the nerf on the gankers CCP, where is their risk? If CCP is going to use a lame ass excuse of risk, then that risk should be placed on everyone, not just one group of honest folks like me. People have lost their accounts because they have made threats to thieves, threats of harming EVE criminals are the risk that CCP wont place on gankers. Gankers should lose gate access and station docking rights because of their low security standing and as I said, the standing should be placed on the IP, not the alt that the gankers will delete anyways. Make that terrible security standing come with some risk, do not try to tell anyone that Concord is a risk to the bad guys, we know better. Well CCP, you open the can of risk, now serve that ■■■■ up to the ganker criminals of EVE, their risk is overdue. We know which side of the risk CCP is on, none of them have a shred of integrity, just like the bullies in CODE.

8 Likes

:pirate_flag:

Ahoy Tursiops! That be a mighty fine first post, if a wee bit off-topic.

Ye be welcome t’ th’ community anyways.

Yarr!

1 Like

This is true, Trit price will continue to go up, Nocx will be interesting to get though

according to the DEV Blog the “Devs” can’t realize they have done this before. It failed completely and we are where are today cause of it.

This time I am on the side of “change is bad”. This will not change anything for anyone, they will simply adapt for the space they live in, and always have lived in.

Dear CCP, dear @CCP_Dopamine and i guess behind the scene… dear @CCP_Fozzie

Guys, thanks for trying to optimize the game, in ways that are not dictated by the big groups CSM diplomats. It makes sence that you guys kept them out of the loop on this one, so now they can work with you for small modifications to the plan without you guys being accused of biasm.

Now, i would like to express some concerns about your plans, and if you allow me, i would like to add my 2 cents. Being a JF producer that produces 80 JFs a month in nullsec, that are for the Jita market, i use large quantity`s of basic minerals and moongoo and PI.

*** Redistribution phase**
Looking at the redistributionplan i would like to point out a comment thats already been made, and that is the point of basic buildingblocks. Trit and pye should be everywhere Highsec =basic stuff, lowsec better stuff , nullsec a little better better. This is not a cry out to have nullsec the best, but it scales down into stuff that is beeing build in those regions. The tools you gave to nullsec(caps/supers/titans) needs those base buildingblocks to be build in order to keep the big fights going, same goes for lowsec where carriers and dreads can be build(the thucker-tribe rigg hase its place there).all adding to gameplay and content.

Isogen, Nocxium, Zydrine,Megacyte and morphite could have a “main supply region” . Morphite is a special cookey, and in my humble opinion should be having WH space as main supplyer. This gives Highsec/Lowsec and even Nullsec a reason to go visit WH space + it finally brings back value to WH space itself again ( it even fits in the storyline/ and WH enviorment) and is accesseble from every part of space, ofcourse under Big risk vs Reward.

Ore DNA
Removing trit and pye is a bad thing. For casual highsec players/small corps, for lowsec and for nullsec organisations.The other minerals can be adjusted . Further down my textwall i will point out the reason to cutt some of them even further down and buff the rest from your list of numbers.

Ore Anomalies
Highsec => Dont remove ore anoms from Highsec but change them into scanneble deposits(scaled for ballance) of low/nullsec ores. This takes away the cartel forming/ problems for small producres, where larger produceres(in highsec) can setup relations with eighter lowsec or Nullsec indy groups.
It also adds the taste of better stuff more a.k.a gives a sort of incentive to go over the highsec/low/null border adn explore other parts of the game.

Lowsec=> Good as proposed, althow a 9900% increse in Crokite seems a little to much, but you meight have a good reasoning for this.

Wormholes=> Like said before, a anomalie with the Mercoxit would be perfect for WH`s.

Nullsec=> is a little different because of the SOV upgrade`s , where the value of fighting over and holding SOV can be found in. What an option could be is a daily upkeepcost for SOV upgrades for Anoms( yes yes yes i hate to pay tax to but hey…)
Next to this, in realtion to my previus point, add back in Spodumain into all nullsec Anoms. But reduce the ammount of trit by ±40% in a refineble unit. In relation to the trit and pye Spod, the Nullsec “main supplyer” ores should be there, so the market will not be flooded by highend ores in the nullsec strugle to mine enough belts to get the trit/pye they really need. . Also ofcourse remove Mercoxit

GASsites and Moongoo
What i missed in this redistribution phase ( yes i do realise there will be a dynamic systems added later) is the distribution of moongoo. Why is there not a Sec-based distribution of moongoo?

  • Gassites=>. With the T3`s beeing in the shadows because of Triglavian ships, i can understand all anger from the Wormhole community that even now GAS sites are beeing changed, with the feeling of a Nerf.
    The quanitiy increase of 100% is overloked often. Maybe later down the road it would be nice if WH gasses and composits could be added to other moduals and ships.( ofc a nice buff of T3 cruisers i support :slight_smile: )

  • Moongoo=> . I would like to give you an idea to include the WH community into the resourcegame more. Thats alchemy reactions. Instead of burning an abundand moongoo with an other to create a high level goo, add a special moongoo to moons in WHs that is used in alchemy reactions . The ammount needed in low/mid/highend alchemy can be set, to keep it perfectly ballanced, and at the same time it removes the bottleneck of MPAC .
    This gives a piece of value back to the WH community and also gives incent for small indy corps to go work in WH`s/ninjaminers/daitrippers = more gameplay/content. The risk/rewards is very good to with that.

  • moongoo 2=> All 3 types of normal space high/low/null should have a main supply role of moongoo, where Lowsec and Nullsec should have the mid/highends as main supplyer. Highsec should have a little mid/highends arround but….I really really hope you guys make that adaptive/Dynamic
    Next to that i saw a post i really like about moongoo, Add it to baseline stuff to. Carriers/dreads mid-grade moongoo and Pi, Supers and Titans High-end good and Pi ( this all with the baseline of base building blocks trit and pye beeing abundand.

Miningships
A few idea`s i would like to put on the table for mining ships

  • mining frigates => add a civilian/ORE newbro-mercoxit laser fitting capibility to that, thats only require mining lvl4 for mining merc. This way the miningfrigates can be used by newbro`s. The civilian/ORE newbro-mercoxit laser could be an item they get once from the introduction training( maybe add in a WH part to it)
  • Mining Barges => look kinde oke
  • Exhumers => the big step up in price and a little extra, give them compress capibility. Maybe not instant but that way there is benifit in flying a exhumer+ its a token towards the highsec guys and maybe lowsec guys. Nullfleets have the Rorqs that can compress.
  • Orca => cant really say much about that one, not using it, but take away mining capibility and add compression. Both exhumers and orca can hold more value in ore,be more efficient, but have more Risk/rewards.
  • Rorqual=> Instead of nerfing the rorq into oblivian, keep them attractive. This goes both ways, its a 5bil ship with fit, and the drones that should be able to mine for 3 exhumers. On the other side of the coin is a nice target for hunters and Blobs hunters (you just buffed those so…) To balance the rorq income, like previus stated, change the null astroid content. That way the rorq pilot can sit and mine, the hunter can hunt and kill and the producers can get there baseline materials without the rorq beeing an overtanked ISK printing machine, or trit/pye for a titan being a hassle what brings the price up and the willingnes to commit down ( yes is opinion and feeling, i admit)

Supers and titans: I have seen comments about a theorie that part of this change is to make it hard/expencive again to own/produce those as they where intended to be when implemented. If you keep the gameplay alive as i discribt, so that everyone can play its game from highsec miner to Null Rorqminer, it would be an option to add more parts to supers/titans, what in there turn need more base materials, more mid and high end materials and with that, adding into the need of materials in a positive way, and in the end the supers and Titans will be harder to build , but it can be build sustained. With the 55% scrapmetal max there is a lot that can be done with increase of needed cap parts without the problem of profit scrapping of them. Also more partbuilding add into NPC taxes etc etc etc

A closing word: Changes always have an impact on gameplay. The OMG unsubs/EVEISDEAD reactions have been here since 2003 and will always be here. I do have concerns about the changes as you rolled them out now and i hope this wall of text meight help a little in looking at alternitives/modifications because thats the common goal we all have, all players, from left to right, up to down on the map, even all the way down in the rabit hole and with us CCP games to have a healty game., that we can all enjoy for the years to come. Fellow players; try to work with CCP by giving them constructive feedback, because 1 thing is for sure… Salt will not be added to any belt/anom or moon.

I am sorry for my terrible English, its my 3e language…

Fly safe
Wolf

9 Likes

CCP said that, Miners were never intended to be self sufficient and that they need to face more risk. The entire change to the ores is because CCP does not want miners to be self sufficient and want to create more risk for the miners. Miners are the backbone of EVE and to support the game miners/industrialist have sacrificed PVP skills to became a better miner/industrialist. Being self sufficient is the only way to get away from the extortion and bulling that thrives inside of EVE because of CCP’s ganker mentality. Most of the big Alliance will use the little guy and CCP has just made it possible for all the big alliances to bully, use, and abuse the little guy. High sec miners were never self sufficient in high sec. We had to wheel and deal or die for Zydrine, Morphite, Megacyte, and Nocxium. I had just came back to EVE after a long break. I first faced risk at the hands of a high sec FOB and lost a Hulk, twice. Once I learned what I was dealing with and how to avoid FOB’s, I then met CODE/CCP and lost my 3rd Hulk. No, I am not a BOT and I make every click on all 4 of my accounts. CODe then began to torment, harassed and bully me. They demanded I pay them 100m ISK to mine in high sec. I was reduce to thinking the only way to mine safely anymore was to fit 3 Orcas with mining drones and slowly try to make back the ISK that I had lost and invested. I had almost left the game again because of how bad CCP had made flying in high sec. I met some good folks before I almost logged off of EVE again for good. Things turned around and I was actually going to add 2 more accounts untill CCP did this, now I am thinking of just letting EVE go for good. Why should I be punished because of what the BOT folks have done. I am not a cheater, I am not a BOT, I make all my own clicks, I fly each ship, I lock each roid, and I do all this without any cheating. Why is CCP punishing me, what have I done to deserve this? Why is CCP attacking me and bulling me? Why have you wrecked my enjoyment and game play, when I have done nothing wrong? I take enough risk every time I un-dock and I interact with those in EVE who are like minded, while I try to avoid the rest of the scumbags that CODE, I mean, CCP seems to prop up. Good luck and fly safe!

10 Likes

CCp just wants you spend more real life cash on the game My post was reported for spam ? so ive just edited it by telling people its not spam

6 Likes

Aye matey, you be flyin’ safe too! :wink:

Can you check with CCP whether they have considered/checked the impact of these changes on:

  • Career agent missions and the special ore anomalies in their systems
  • Materials for War storyline missions
  • Mining missions
  • Timezones- without anomalies in high-sec, all HS ore will be available to those players able to mine immediately after DT, leaving nothing for other TZs.
1 Like

I believe we have issues with an impending implosion of subscription that MIGHT actually involve non-bot intervention…not good.
Roll back server to previous patch minus all graphical improvements and get rid of these tacked-on trigavalians(?) and get back to SOME of the old lore you abandoned for fruitier stuff.
puh…lease.
Don’t evolve/ balance anymore…make part 2.

1 Like

Is their any point in your gigantic wall of cringe where you actually talk about the update?

Because right now, I’m approximatively at a third of it, and I feel too uncomfortable to continue reading such a thing. And yet, I still don’t see a single sentence that is actually talking about the update that is supposed to be the subject of this thread.

Edit: Okay, so I finally finished it.

Well, first half is just a rant about CODE., which is completelly out of the subject in this thread.

Second half is a conspiracy theory about how for some reason CCP is purely trying to torture you.

I should have stopped where I was when I first made this reply…

1 Like

I know I am but 1 person who plays Eve and I have seen the 42k of players everyday drop to just over and below 20k player base. These changes I can assure CCP will result in 2 of my 3 accounts being left to fall into Alpha and most likely never used again. This kind of disappointment will also have me thinking seriously about playing period. I know that I have several friends who I am now saying not to bother as the changes are far to drastic and destroying the industry side of the game.
I am not sure if this is CCP’s intended outcome to thin the player base but these changes are more than this lil black duck is willing to accept. I applaud CCP for a very good game that in my opinion has unfortunately lost its way.

4 Likes

Good idea, but CCP will ignore you…