Resource Redistribution Update

he has no other point so he’s just gonna keep making that one over and over again

Youre right. New players wont even know about the change, nor would they care, because there were always a subset of minerals that were never available in hisec. They were always going to have a hard time finding nocxium, zydrine and megacyte in hisec, and were going to purchase them in the market if they ever wanted to build anything.

Sure.

So what does this have to do with the new mineral changes?

Absolutely nothing.

Of course not.

Most new players will mine the minerals, sell it, and then use that isk to buy the ships and modules they want to use.

So join a good corp. Corps hand out free ships all the time. Lowsec and WH is a great choice for those with good friends and a good corp.

This change only makes it harder for a very narrow subset of players. If that includes you, then yes, that is unfortunate. But do what the rest of us do, adapt.

What this change will end up doing, is rise prices for some ores and minerals, as those minerals will become more rare, which is generally a win and great for new players, and gives them a chance to earn more ISK.

1 Like

What are you talking about?

Do you buy Blueprint originals from NPCs every time you build something?

Buy all the original BPCs for ammunition, crystals, etc?

Do you create T2 BPCs from copies made from those original blueprints?

Do you build all your modules yourself?

Do you mine the necessary moon minerals for all T2 weapons?

You never, ever buy anything, ever, from the market?

I dont believe you do.

1 Like

“I ninja mine all my T2 goo from Goonswarm moon pulls in 1DQ1-A.”

I was a highsec industrialist my first year and a half. Every last unit of moongoo and morphite I used came from outside highsec, and I was still able to build everything I wanted by buying raw materials off of the market (and quite frankly, I got a lot of it for cheap by strategically placing buy orders).

Anyway, you seem to be under the impression that newbros need to harvest all of their raw materials themselves. This was already impossible for HS only players, and specialization allows for greater efficiency. Moreover, I had like about 60 industry slots, 20 slots dedicated to invention, and something like 800 market slots when I “took a break”. And I tried to keep them busy at all times. At that point, it would have been impossible for me to keep them chugging along if I didn’t buy a decent chunk of my materials from the market. Oh, and do note that I stopped doing industry at about a year and a half, and I very much considered myself to be a small fry industrialist.

2 Likes

If you went to a clinical psychologist and told them you had a problem with parting with your money and buying anything from another person, they would take a keen interest and try to get you help. That isn’t a healthy, and probably even a self-destructive way to go through life.

Now this is a video game and since neither you or anyone else can’t actually get hurt, you are welcome to do whatever you want. Feel free to set whatever goals, however challenging or arbitrary or self-limiting. But just remember, that’s on you, and has nothing to do with “new player retention” or whatever you are trying to invoke here.

Your psychology/playstyle has indeed been targeted by CCP as one that needs to be more difficult as self-sufficiency was too easy. New players won’t know it any other way and might even benefit from the increased trade and activity that this is intended to produce. And I’m pretty sure even you will adapt and rise to the challenge finding what you need elsewhere, or learn to use the market more.

Why buy and give cash to someone when u can make it yourself and save some cash doing it. Drones, ammunition, small ships, tech 1 modules, all of it can be made cheap and in large quantities.

self-sufficiency was too easy

For CCP everything is too easy these times, except ratting in null.

2 Likes

Has anybody taken into account the effect of this mineral change on time zones.
Low sec fleets mining hi sec on an idustrial scale, Will mean people will log on to empty systems.

1 Like

Isnt that already done by High Sec mining fleets?

1 Like

Fixed that for you…

2 Likes

Ok.

Isnt that already done by High Sec NPC mining fleets?

Hey OP, don’t worry about it too much. Self-sufficiency doesn’t mean being able to manufacture everything that you use. That would severly limit your options. It does mean being able to discern a good deal from a scam or overpriced item. To me, self-sufficiency means being able to make more ISK then I spend without external help. It does not mean being a hermit and never interacting with other players, for instance via the market.

2 Likes

Hi - I have cleaned up some of the posts and merged a thread from the New Citizens section as it relates to the same discussions.

Thanks

ISD Bahamut

3 Likes

You missed the post at the top that outlines the NPE Mission issues, including asking new players to mine Omber, but that is just one example from a list. You should check out the post.

Basically they did this in a vacuum without looking at any related missions or blueprints.

It’s a cluster ■■■■, the goal and even the idea may have been valid, but the implementation is another bad joke.

+1 on this

2 Likes

On a positive note, this could make missions more valuable. Gun mining for those missing minerals could add enough isk to a mission to make it worth looting.

1 Like

You had to say something…couldn’t keep quiet.
Nothing to see here, CCP, keep ignoring the mission runners behind the curtain.

2 Likes

How about everything is free like test server? Will everyone be happy then?

Actually, they might go to low sec…once. Then, after they’re immediately ganked on arrival, they will never go again. Why do I think that? Because it’s what’s happening now. It isn’t the ore that’s a driving factor. That new player has neither the skill or income to survive in null. Basically, it will function as it always has. I also remember that ore used to be distributed by geographic location/region and security level of each system. Very similar to this proposal and will net the same effect. CCP wants to force people (ultimately) into null alliances. It failed then just as this will fail. It’s the same plan, different day.

6 Likes