Exactly. The only realm in which Orca AFK mining in HS is actually practical is ice. And even then, I would never do it from choice. The only advantage is that usually it is safe enough say to answer the front door or deal with calls of nature or something else that is brief but urgent.
I found the same, it is good for when I am helping folks in rookie help chat but totally afk? Not very efficient
m
I’ll be like the movie Demolition Man, where Taco Bell is the only corp left ![]()
No, more space to cover will stretch out the big corps even more. There is a limit of how big such structures can be and there will be more niches for smaller corps.
What’s funny is this is the conversation I have always wanted to have about EVE.
Null corps should be expanding OUTWARD to new challenges, new space, possibly PLAYER FACTIONS.
Not INWARD to compete with up and coming smaller corps. But since “null is empty” they refuse to expand space.
I think thats going to get worse
Things usually get worse in life too. There are not many people at the top of the pyramid.
Hello CCP
Any thought about changing the mineral requirements for Mining Crystals. Which currently require Nocxium?
Isogen is next to worthless and personally do not see that changing for a long time. Why would I take on greater risk of Low Security for the lowest reward?
Can there be an update to the survey scanner. The ability to switch grouping so that all qualities of an ore appear under one heading?
I would ask for a mobile depot that does ore compression. I would even accept if it was one-way anchoring.
As for the changes. Well, I am reminded that 90% fatigue reduction for industrial ships was temporary or a phase. So guess I wait and see.
“You’re doing it wrong Josh” 
You put one drone on each target and you only have to check in every 10-15 minutes or more depending on asteroid size. It is not fast but it adds up compared to the effort.
Will run into issues selling it on the market.
Would open up more contract trading.
But overall it would stop people stock piling.
can we safe time remove high sec mining once and full all make it low sec null sec wh only? free up server space in high sec will be a puls
Oh I did it that way, read Barkkors lovely article (in German) about mining with an orca
m
Sure that would work. As soon as CCP made it so that a Ganker actually had to work for a kill. Remove HS but add native anti tackling capability to all industrial ships. Add an extra set of skills to add further resistances. Its way to easy to lock ships down if the pilot hasn’t diverted enough sp and the slots for Anti tackling. In short they need to make it a fair fight/Encounter. This would remove afk mining if such things exist.
Null sec is its own beast. Small groups and individuals have no hope of getting through one of those gates anyway and they probably shouldn’t be without joining a corp or forming an alliance.
Its a much better game design to make players have to move between areas to gather all the materials they need for a certain thing. It is more difficult for sure but not impossible to gather minerals in highsec, lowsec, and nullsec. Players accept that it not practicable for them to gather all the meta modules, moon minerals, or salvage themselves, they just need to accept that it is not practicable for them to gather all the t1 minerals now either without a lot more effort.
Better for whom exactly? Certainly not better for the players. More time, more cost, more tax does not in any way get you to better.
Its more interesting, and forces more player interactions and movement, and that ends up being more fun for everyone. Its far more entertaining to stumble upon targets of opportunity on gates than in asteroid belts because there’s more scenarios that can play out on gates.
I’m not saying CCP is going about this flawlessly but they’re trying something different than the current status quo of the gatherers not having to move from their chosen system and hardly interacting with anyone.
I myself would’ve rather seen trit and pyerite available everywhere leaving the remaining minerals as the bottlenecks separated by location. CCP would also do well by making the various empires unalike in their ore availabilities. CCP also needs to take redistribution further and make moon mineral distribution more disparate.
Sorry but forcing “movement” doesn’t make it interesting or fun for everyone. You might like it but you aren’t everyone.
And you aren’t going to stumble on more targets of opportunity in belts. Very few high sec miners will mine in low sec unless prices go totally ridiculous (like 20 minutes pays for your ship type of ridiculous). The travel time alone is going to be a killer for most high sec folks.
I rather doubt you have much to do with resource gathering or high sec based on your comments…nor do those who run CCP apparently.
Current prices are already at 70 mil/hr for a porpoise boosted procurer or 100mil/hr for covetor to mine crokite, i feel CCP would do good to increase the output of nocxium to make it more worthwhile.
Players are going to play the way they want to, CCP isn’t forcing players to do anything they’re just providing incentive, I have spent plenty of time mining in all securities of space, I currently spend most of my time doing logistics for my alliance or hunting targets.
No no, there’s been an overlapping sequence of them for about the last seventeen years.
A) 100 ISK is cheap, but it ain’t free.
B) I really doubt the industrialists who like building and selling things would be, no.
I am aware there has been an endless epic arc of storms over the years. Some have been quite justifiable and some are where the people concerned should have kept their traps shut because they were in the wrong.
Regardless this is a new storm and I am wondering where it will all lead to. Will it improve the players experience.? Open to conjecture on that one which is really all that people have at the moment as they try to see into their crystal balls and predict what the outcome of this change will be.
At the end of the day change has to happen and if players think they can sit in their comfortable bubbles and time warps they are very much mistaken. Whether I like it or not change happens and the reality is we all live in a dynamic universe on a lump of rock that dynamically changes every day.
As for a free game I think not. If it was free people would still find things to moan about. At least if they pay it keeps some of the really bad moaners away. The people who have put blood sweat and tears into delivering this game to us the general public need to be rewarded for all of their hard work. Its a great game with some of the most beautiful crafting of graphics in any game on the market.
However, putting that aside the real point is this is an issue that has been delivering over production of ores to the markets for over 10 years. The BOT Bares using their scripts, taking all the ores out of systems while doing other stuff and not really playing the game fairly. These are the people who have unfairly gained an edge over other players by taking ores that quite frankly under the EULA should have been put a stop to years ago. If CCP had done something about it then we might not be in this situation now. Please do not confuse them with the true carebares and industrialists in the game.
And yes there are other areas where things have been implemented that have gone wrong. As will often be the case when attempting to introduce something new to help maintain the interest of people who actually give a ■■■■ about the game.
CCP has been tone deaf about HS for ages; look at RW , the thinking and implementation was really off.
Wish CCP would be a bit more open and also quit announcing major changes during only the EU time zone.
Some people made a killing after the latest announcement even before the US and later could react.