Resubmittal of Amici Curiae regarding Fabai with Addendums

Some months ago this amici curiae was submitted to the Imperial Court regarding the Khanid Kingdom’s claim to the Fabai constellation. Her Ladyship has deemed it prudent to resubmit this document along with two new addendums. The original is presented here:

Submitted with humility to the wise and honorable Lords, Ladies, and distinguished members of the Imperial Court -

In the event the Court indeed finds the Holder of Fabai negligent, and also deems the best remedy is to reassign this Title to another House, we humbly suggest the Court consider any Great House that steps forward and submits their own petitions for consideration. While House Khanid has filed a writ of distraint, we feel it is without basis. The Khanid fleet protected nothing and only provided humanitarian support after the attacks, the same as the Imperial 7th fleet, capsuleer fleets from other loyal houses, and even foreigners. The interests of the Imperial Court, Her Sublime Majesty Catiz I, and Dam-Amarr would be better served by weighing the merits of all potential Houses before appointing a new Holder of Fabai.

Should the Court, in its wisdom, consider having a wider selection of candidates for the Holder of Fabai, we further humbly suggest that the Ministry of Internal Order oversee security of Fabai in the interim as they operate several stations within the constellation.

In Faith, for God and Empire.

Your humble and loyal servant,

Lady Mitara Newelle of House Sarum, Holder of the Mekhios province of Damnidios Para’nashu, Champion of House Sarum, Paladin Commander of the Sacred Throne Order, Sworn Upholder of the Faith, Divine Commodore of the 24th Imperial Crusade

Co-signers:

Lady Leona Cordelia Elkin
Lord Thiago Gallius
Garion Avarr, Lord Shirrat and Heir to the al-Istahal Holding on Hibi III
Lunarisse Daphiti, Co-Executrix of Khimi Harar [LUMEN]
Lyra North-Onren, Co-Executrix of Khimi Harar [LUMEN]
*Lord Esna Pitoojee, Diplomat of Khimi Harar [LUMEN]

The addendums Her Ladyship has added to the original document:

Addendum 1:

The question of the King and the Kingdom territories falling wholly under Imperial rule as brought up by Lord Consort Newelle remains unanswered, at least to the public at large. Must King Khanid III and his vassals submit to all Imperial institutions in the same manner as the other other Great Houses, or does the King remain outside of their jurisdiction? If the answer is the latter, the case for denying the Kingdom’s claim is clear.

Addendum 2:

An incident that took place not long ago saw several Royal Khanid Navy ships within Alkabsi and Sarum Prime. Considering the reaction and deployment of numerous ships of the Sarum Family Guard, I would assert they were not invited. Has the Kingdom given His Grace the Lord Sarum a satisfactory answer as to why? Is this the kind of behavior the Heirs should now expect from their new peer? Demanding an entire consellation in payment for providing humanitarian efforts to their supposed Brothers and Sisters? Having the RKN unbidden and unwelcome within an Heirs’ home world?

I pray Her Most Sublime Majesty Catiz I and all those of the most Holy Privy Council consider what has been submitted here and give it what merit it may, or may not, have.

For Dam-Amarr.

Lady Mitara Newelle of House Sarum, Holder of the Mekhios province of Damnidios Para’nashu, Champion of House Sarum, Paladin Commander of the Sacred Throne Order, Sworn Upholder of the Faith, Divine Commodore of the 24th Imperial Crusade

Her Ladyship requests that if any additional Lords or Ladies in good standing within the Empire care to add their names to the list of signatories to make their mark in this thread.

Virtue. Valor. Victory.

Chancellor Pious Newelle

8 Likes

The prudence of this action is not the largest of the matters about which Lady Newelle is mistaken but it may well be the error she regrets most.

I have the honor to be,

Alar

Aga-Count Chakaid of Kahah III,
Paladin Deacon, Orders Militant of the Theology Council,
Plenipotentiary Representative of His Majesty Farokh Khanid III

1 Like

Lady Newelle is a new holder. However, her fervor and devotion to Holy Amarria is something no one can reasonably question. I would say that it is better to err in one’s quest to fulfill God’s Will than to do nothing out of fear of a misstep.

Let the young ones be brash, Lord Chakaid. Were we not so at their age? The Empress and the Privy Council’s God-guided decision will be correct.

5 Likes

I appreciate your understanding, Contessa. Indeed Her Sublime Majesty and the Privy Council will make the best judgement for Amarr, and it will be honored and obeyed by myself and all loyal subjects.

Aga-Count Chakaid, if I and my fellow cosigners are mistaken for raising these concerns, then so be it, we have done what we felt was our duty. Also, unlike you, who had to be silenced many times by your superior, if I have overstepped my bounds I will accept and learn from such reprimands of those I hold allegiance to immediately.

10 Likes

At this time, I would like to point out that if the great security threat to the Empire is the Blood Raiders and their Deathglow attacks, the Khanid Kingdom has been just as incapable of meaningfully fighting the blooders are the rest of the Empire and other nations. Kahah, even after the attack on Matar, stands out as the Blooders greatest death toll. And while the Khanid Kingdom is only one gate away from Fabai, and thus able to offer assistance quickly, they are not the only strong neighbors Fabai has.

And we have quite a record of killing blooders. If the Empress were to see fit to ask for our assistance, perhaps put Fabai into a receivership under our administration, Corps Diplomatique would, I’m sure, be willing to entertain all reasonable offers of remuneration.

She’s just not that into you

I’m just letting her know she has more options than the Derp-Duke might present.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.