Returning Player immediately Put off playing

I think you got it a little wrong. The actual deal for Pearl Abyss to acquire CCP was for $425 million total which was a combination of a $225 million upfront payment and up to $200 million in a deferred performance-based bonus payout.

The original CCP page with the performance bonus payment info is no longer available. I don’t remember the specifics, I think it was either maintain current numbers or increase numbers by a certain % within a couple of years time frame to get the $200 mill performance bonus pay. And by numbers it’s sale / profit margins, not log-in / account numbers.

The sale was actually done late 2018, add a few years for the bonus pay time period and I wouldn’t be surprised that it’s now close to the end of that performance based time period.

Interesting thing to note is that right after the news of CCP being acquired by PA was announced, CCP posted an ‘Ask Me Anything’ thread which was pretty much hosted by CCP Falcon and CCP Guard:

Both CCP Falcon and CCP Guard had great praise for the acquisition. They stated CCP would retain all control on Eve’s development with no changes to their current policy, that they foresaw a great future for Eve and both of them planned to stay working at CCP for a long time. Within 1 year of that AMA, both of them were no longer employed at CCP. Now that’s ironic.

I think CCP’s recent big push on Eve Packs, PLEX, Ship Skins and Omega time sales is to collect on that $200 mill performance based bonus payment. Even if CCP fail’s to complete the performance bonus pay requirements, their stockholders still made $225 mill from the upfront purchase payment.

4 Likes