Returning player quitting again after 2 days

Thats how eve works for pve players for a past 5 or 6 years: you return, get punched in the face, quit after a month, then return later.

2 Likes

Next time you come back, start with a new character and do the tutorials, try out the available content before you fly expensive ships into extreme danger. There are many games where you can pay-to-win, your post is clear evidence EVE is not one of those. Just come back later and start with a new character and do the tutorials before blindly throwing expensive ships into extremely dangerous situations.

1 Like

As painful as it is to lose ships like that, the weak rewards for drops quite often, taking that much ISK into low-sec without scouting gates - this is the rare occasion, I have zero sympathy. It’s purely one’s own fault.

1 Like

EVE is, at it’s base, a PVP game, so it isn’t for everyone. Fly safe wherever you end up.

1 Like

So, it looks like your mistakes included, but are not limited to:

• Flew what you couldn’t afford to lose.
  • Didn’t use a scout when flying around a blinged out, fat bottomed girl.
  • Didn’t use a travel fit.
  • Could have used something like a travel fit tengu with a mobile depot and pve fittings in your cargohold.
  • Didn’t check Eve Gatecamp Check, or you would have seen that the gatecamp had been active for 3 hours before you went through Vecamia.

So, let me get this straight.

• You made a series of bad decisions
  • Paid the price
  • Didn’t try learning from your mistakes
  • Blamed the Game and PvP’ers
  • Decided to quit
  • But, figured you’d swing by the forums first in order to complain and wish on us that we lose the game we love.

Cool
Cool Cool Cool

By the way, if you want some closure by getting rid of your characters, and don’t have any friends to give your stuff to, the classy thing to do would be to convert all your characters and assets to plex, and then donate it to plex for good.

13 Likes

But yeah i have no sympathy for the author. Flying a marauder to a system which by all means MUST be camped (as someone who trained to a marauder should know) without recon or cover is like S-grade dumb idea.

Fortunes are created by supplying weapons, not using it. Usually the latter part makes you dead faster than rich.

Eve to was once like that, eve very much was set out like a typical grind MMO ie, you start at A and work towards Z.

The cool thing about old eve was that you could skip half the alphabet and enter at points of your choice.

Example instead of grinding standing & isk for ships to run lvl4 missions you could once ninja loot & gank level 4 mission runners. Crime watch, weapons safety & no longer making mission critical items stealable nerfed that.

Instead of mining in belts you could boomerang gank miners, but CCP gave mining ships absurd hp & limited ganking.

There was also a feature that allowed you to punch up to null blocks called siphons that stole their moon goo, ccp broke and nerfed that.

Eve 2020 is a ■■■■ linear grind & anytime someone tries to skip the grind they are labeled as exploiters.

Eve is a sterile, skill less, tidi botfest or utter bore anywhere outside wh, ls & high sec pvp. Market pvp is good but it is still 0.1% crushing 99% of margins with bots.

The way eve is to be olayed is with 10 bot accounts and only real strategy outside arena combat is n+1.

This is what i never could understand about EVE.
I know its supposed to be PvP game “at its core”… but what is baffling to me is that ive been gaming for 25 years and i cant stand single player games so 80% of what i play is PvP usually(rest coop), and i think EVE has by far the worst PvP i have ever seen. It is incredibly boring and tedious. I find mining in EVE much more fun than PvP and i dont find mining fun at all. Big fights, ganks, camps, wars, duels, proving grounds… are all competing what is more boring. All those war videos and streams, as well as roaming and ganking stuff that dominate twitch and youtube, i find them so boring that i would rather watch paint dry.

Makes it funny, cause i really like something like 90% of the game, almost everything other than PvP(ship design is not that good either, but ok, at least some are decent in there)… but as they chose to put PvP as main thing in game, and it is so bad, it kinda drags down everything else. Doesnt help that they clearly design game to favor “douchebag-ish” style of play(in pretty much every part of the game).
Also why i quit from my “starting dream” of going for Kronos and doing high difficulty PvE, as i realized… there is nothing i would be able to do in game with it if i wanted to avoid worst part of the game. So i settled with HACs or command ships as my “end goal”.

But im aware of it so i adapt… just hope i could do more as it seems a lot of fun… oh well.

1 Like

While I have some sympathy for wanting to play the game ‘your way’, being honest, this OP reads a lot more like:

“I take long breaks from the game, I forget how to play, I come back and do foolish things that break all the rules of EVE I was supposed to have learned but apparently forgot, and now I’m ragequitting because I was stupid and lost expensive ships”.

EVE has a lot of problems, and needs some serious fixing, but in this case it does sound as if it’s simply not the kind of game for you. EVE isn’t, never has been, and never will be, a “casually fly my Golem around low sec and expect to not get blown up in it because I can’t be bothered to take simple precautions” game.

5 Likes

Brilliant ships, love em

Also I think the entire combat mechanic of EvE be it PvP OR PvE is just a bit obtuse, lackluster and generally weak and dull. Sure, getting hunted is fun, or stalking, or risk running down a gauntlet of risky systems, or what have you, but really, I find evading more engaging than engaging, and so generally evade it (engaging).

Before Pochven I might have thought this was an exaggeration.

I am torn in regards to this OP. On one side, I hate to lose anyone in a game where player population is less than stable or not growing. Even if that person is not idirectly nvolved in the same content I am, I realize that indirectly he adds at least some content to other players via the market or directly in the opportunities to be interacted with by other players (As he found out).

On the other hand, just by his description of the incident, I thought “I wonder if that was Vecamia?” . That system has always been a bottleneck and I always remembered to use gate check and other resources before piloting one of my Stratios with cloak through the system while exploring. With the system removals causing causing new travel paths, I figured that system would become almost a no go in the near future as I explored. I guess it was a case of lack of due diligence and failing to follow known standard protocol while in a blinged ship, especially since it followed a big loss where you wanted to get back into the game quickly.

Sorry to see you go; hope you find a more compatible game.

2 Likes

This is a super-important point. A lot of forum posters (and CCP) seem to focus on “there’s not enough destruction and there’s too much construction”. So they look for simple easy things they can do to “ramp up destruction”. Stupid things like suddenly making citadels vulnerable, etc. As if ‘destruction’ was an end goal of players and the game.

The simple fact is, in EVE, exactly as Ramona said, combat itself is simply too boring and insufficiently engaging/rewarding. I know there are people who find EVE combat engaging, and more power to them, but for the majority of players and compared to other game combat systems, EVE combat is about as exciting as flipping toggles in a spreadsheet to watch an animated graph get drawn.

If CCP could pull their heads out of their nether regions long enough to stop thinking “OMG look we set a world record! We’re awesome!” and notice that “oh yeah, but 90% of our combat is boring as heck” , we might eventually get somewhere. Without interesting combat EVE will just remain a niche of a niche market funded mostly by people who’ve already pumped too much money into the game to give it up.

4 Likes

Indeed, I mean, Im not disparaging them or they having fun with it. Just felt I should add that.

We still dont have out Standings for $. I wonder what is taking them so long. :thinking:

no, it’s still him, still camping Vecamia after FOUR YEARS THAT I KNOW OF. You’d think people would learn… but no. Stupid is as stupid does.

1 Like

Sometimes I think Eve is an experiment to prove Forrest was right.

2 Likes

Can i have your stuff then ?

https://zkillboard.com/kill/88161099/ was this you?

Four against one? Where is the honor in that?

2 Likes