Risk vs Reward ninja mining

Not sure what your meaning is there…
Nulsec ratters are generally called Krabs - Far as i know, you have to shoot your own NPC’s to get payment for them.
Unlike highsec ninja moon mining where you just get to take what others have produced.

So you agree with the previous poster that ganking, ninjamining or any other criminal activity is easier than ratting? Or any other form of krabbing?

It’s definitely risk less.

Mainly because they are protected by concord (directly, and their freighter are).

The Ananothians are also protected by CONCORD, arent they?

1 Like

I don’t know who those are.

I feel like you are making a rethorical question here.

No.

People who operate Athanors. The people in the topic.

no because you can wardeck the structure. That is literally not protecting it.

Your comparison was about the krabs in NS, that are not concord protected, and the gankers in HS, that are concord protected.

Nope. But dont worry, we wont be continuing this.

2 Likes

Well then I misunderstood your comparison here

Because krabs are killing rats in order to have the concord reward.

How did we get from ninja miners to gankers?

1 Like

I think that was partially my fault. Feel free to strike it from the record.

Though the ninjaminers could be ganked easily enough.

2 Likes

Indeed, I am regularly informed that ganking is a no risk, low cost, low skill activity, so it should be a cakewalk to purge ninja miners from a belt created by fracking.

1 Like

Well exactly, after all the hard work setting up.the Athanor, a spot of ganking should be no sweat.

2 Likes

But it is.

Just it won’t have an effect.

I can bring my T2 fierce catalyst, it won’t do a thing to the orcas. Still won’t be a (noticeable) cost, nor a risk, for me.
To reduce the logistic, I would actually use a corvette from the closest station, the result would be the same.

Yeah my grasp of the english language is too weak for this debate. I really dont understand that.

2 Likes

Using a single Catalyst against an Orca is like trying to build a house with nothing more than a single brick; it’s not a gank, it’s an exercise in futility.

Ganking an Orca requires social skills as much as SP, in that you need to have friends if you’re planning on doing it effectively; especially with Catalysts.

Please insert another coin to continue looking like a numpty.

2 Likes

And that’s what I do when I gank.

So when you keep saying that “people say ganking is risk free and no cost so it must be the same for an orca”, then you also must use the same context for the ship and the activity.

Otherwise you are just an hypocrite, saying one thing at a moment and then saying the opposite.

Here, take that coin. Now go buy a brain.

Wait, so unless someone specifies which gank it is the default to assume one ship is ganking?

Is that even within the definition of ganking?

I dont ask you rhetorical questions, you dont seem to approve of them, btw.

2 Likes

I don’t know, he did not make any effort to back up his opinion, so the only experience I have of suicide ganking in HS, is with a friend or alone, and shooting people for the fun (often not killing them, and definitely never looting them)

That’s the only context in which I know that ganking is risk free and of little cost (as I wrote the cost is the time)

Now he is using on purpose something that I wrote to make it mean something different, affirming that my experience should be applied to all the cases of ganking. That’s hypocrisy.

Yes but my question wasnt “Why doesnt Anderson gank them”

It was why dont the miners gank the ninjaminers? As those are within the scope of the topic.

Jonah seemed to grasp what I was saying, and so we had a wee laugh.

Though mine was kind of more a medium sized titter, to be specific. I dont know the quality or quantity of his amusement.

Report ends.

Edit: Noah, Jonah, Jobe whomever. Sorry, Gravenstein

3 Likes