Rumors! Gossip! Tabloids!

New Hueromont City Hall – Main Conference Hall – 13-01-YC121

Mizhir Devara steps up on the podium. Additionally on the stage are Catherine Gillot, representatives from The City of New Hueromont, as well as personnel from Devara Biotech.

Ladies and Gentlemen. Citizens of Hueromont. Many of you may have been wondering what has been going on with the new island just outside New Hueromont Harbour.

A large hologram shows a live feed from the construction of an artificial island.

But today, you will have to wonder no more, as it is my great honour to announce the New Texel Biomedical Research Centre.

The hologram switches to showing an animation of the research centre.

Mizhir remains silent for a moment to let the audience study the image. The hall is filled with applause. As the hall calms down again, Mizhir continues:

When my beloved Catherine…

Mizhir turns her look at Catherine and sends her a smile, and then returns her attention to her crowd:

…When Catherine brought me to Hueromont, I quickly fell in love with the city. It became my second home in no time, but as a capsuleer and the owner of Devara Biotech, it has been hard for me to find the time to spend in this wonderful city. This sparked an idea: Why not build a research centre here?

Hueromont is a city that combines the history and culture of Old Hueromont with the modern Gallente society of New Hueromont, both being beacons of our Federation’s core values. It is thereby a great honour for me to be a part of this city, and I am thrilled that with this project, we will develop Hueromont into an academic leader as some of the most cutting-edge biomedical research will take place right over there!

Mizhir points in the direction of the harbour. The hall is once against filled with applause.

And when I say cutting-edge, biomedical research, I mean it! The Devara Biotech Centre of Xenobiology will be moved to New Texel. So Hueromont will be the place in the Federation when it comes to Drifter Physiology Research.

The audience applauds even louder this time, and Mizhir basks in the positive attention. The hologram shows several images from various Drifter Research projects. Including an image from the original Drifter Autopsy

The centre also serves another purpose. In addition to the research facility, we will also build an Entertainment & Education centre in New Hueromont city. The purpose will be to promote science, especially biomedicine, to the next generations. I want to help grow the curiosity of the children of the New Hueromont so they will become the next great scientists.

The hologram shows animations of the Entertainment & Education centre. The audience applauds.

I will now pass the word to Dr. Camina, who will lead the New Texel project. She will tell you more about what the project will bring.

Mizhir bows and steps off the podium. The audience applauds, and one of the Devara Biotech representatives steps up and talks more about the project. Afterwards, representatives from the City of New Hueromont talk about what the project means for the city.

((Art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/l498O))

13 Likes