Rumors! Gossip! Tabloids!

N5Y-4N VII - Moon 20 - Guristas Logistic Support, Windchime shrine.

May 29th YC 122

“What exactly is going on down In Empire space Avio?”

“It’s the Triglavians Suha, looks like they’re finally taking their invasion efforts more seriously - Hell - CONCORD went ahead and established an entirely new division to deal with them called EDENCOM. Things are escalating down there real quick, one system is already seeing occupation by the Trigs and seeing a reduction in security status, effectively making it a low-security system.”

“And Capsuleers are helping them?”

"This time around, yeah…Seems the Triglavians are acceptive of Capsuleer firepower this time around and can be seen flying alongside one another in the targeted systems. EDENCOM is also enlisting Capsuleer aid to balance the scales…No idea what the supporter count for each side looks like.

“…Who are you supportive of Avio?”

“Excuse me?”

“Which side of this conflict do you feel supportive of?”

“Are you expecting me to be in support of the Trigs or something? I feel like tossing my weight in with EDENCOM, doesn’t matter if they’re CONCORD - at least I know they’re human, unlike these Trigs who fill me with doubt about who or what they are.”

“I’m not expecting anything, just wanting to know where your sympathies lie. And thankfully your answer is assuring!”

“So you’re also supportive of EDENCOM?”

“I’m supportive of humanity, Avio. EDENCOM is just the only organized force in New Eden capable of fighting them is all. Doesn’t matter who’s bankrolling it to me… Though I do wonder if the Guristas will pitch in to help EDENCOM…Or the Invaders for that matter.”

“You think they would? Not only do we got the rumors of the Guristas raiding the Triglavians in their own space, but also a tale or two about the Guristas fighting alongside Caldari Defenders against the Triglavians in the earlier invasion waves.”

“True, and while I can’t speak for them - I’d wager it’s not in their best interests to help the Triglavians.”

“How so?”

“Because the Guirstas already have familiarity with the four Empires, they can come up with all the new tactics they want - The Guristas are still very much capable of predicting them. These Triglavians are a mystery in every field, culturally, Logistically, Scientifically and economically. Why would they want some faction like this on the playing field where they can grow in power? Why wouldn’t they want to see it crushed and…salvaged.”

“Fight them so we can strip the tech off their wrecks and structures?”

“Exactly… The Guristas never had to cuddle up to some higher power to get their tech - If they want it - they take it. Why should the Triglavians be any different? Frankly this whole situation should be the moment the Guristas have been waiting for…A chance to rob a technologically advanced empire with approval from New Eden to do it!”

“Not like they need the Cluster’s approval to fight them in the first place.”

“Of course not, all I’m saying is that there’s an opportunity for some really good PR right here! Speaking of which…You’re gonna be helping EDENCOM and heading to these invaded systems, yes?”

“Soon as I get some matters tied up here, yes.”

“Maybe while you’re out there we could… ‘Rescue’ some of the residents of the system.”

“I don’t follow.”

“These systems the Triglavians are attacking undoubtedly have civilians in them. Civilians who no doubt fear whatever the Triglavians possibly have in mind for them. And if their ruling government evacuates them? They’ll just be moved to some other vulnerable planet or station In their puny borders…Triglavians never attacked Venal though.”

“So you want me to find desperate civilians who want to get as far away as possible from the Triglavians and bring them to Venal?”

"Why shouldn’t you? Save them from the Triga and save them from the oppression of their governments… If any of them have any useful talents, we can employ them with the Agency. Otherwise, maybe they can find employment with the Guristas…

“…I’ll see what I can do”

8 Likes