Rumors! Gossip! Tabloids!

A: Delta flight took a beating boss…
L: …How many.
A: Five of ten destroyed… four heavily damaged.
L: Cloning triggers?
A: Two. Other three, we have confirmation their burners fired, but their infomorphs never made it into the buffer. Can only assume Red Troop has them on ice.
L: how did it happen?
A: Delta was diverted from their usual patrol pattern near Eugales V and Argallant after catching a distress signal from a supposed bulk transporter. Shadow Serpentis attacking, and trying to disable it. They got Auth from the OY tower to warp and intercept. Lead into a deadspace pocket after that, not all too unusual.
L: Alright… was it a legitimate distress broadcast?
A: Seems so… Transporter was taking fire, as described. Delta tore the attackers to shreds, and were in process of verifying that the transport was still functional when three pacifier class Covert Ops and two Enforcer class Force Recons decloaked. Opposite side from the acceleration gate landing zone. Rocket and RLML designs.
L: They were just watching the transport be attacked…
A: Yes ma’am. Seems so. Probably thought it’d draw out one of the squadrons… and they were right.
L: The pilot of the transport, and its crew?
A: in custody and undergoing debrief, they surrendered themselves willingly after escaping the fire zone.
L: I want a background check on all of them… but I doubt they’d have handed themselves in if they were willingly Red Troop’s decoys.
A: never know these days…
L: what about the Red Troop ships?
A: Delta gave it a good swing there. Two pacifiers slagged, one of the Enforcers was crippled… but the crew burned all the databanks and comp systems before abandoning ship. Not much to salvage there other than the outward hull and basic weapons. The other Pacifier and Enforcer faded off after sustaining moderate damage. We assume their FC was still cloaked and observing, as a muted warp signature was detected exiting the pocket when the last two peeled off.
L: This is… less than enthusing Agonarch.
A: No ■■■■ boss…
L: In the future, if a squadron diverts to intercept a general distress, I want a secondary squadron scrambled to screen… We can’t have other squads getting caught offguard like this.

4 Likes