Rumors! Gossip! Tabloids!

=AUDIO TRANSCRIPT - TACTICAL BRIEFING ROOM - SPD-TF NORTHERN COMMAND - MERCOMESIER=

=BEGIN=

YUMI: It’s not a “SuVee Style”. If you knew anything about the medium –

JON: What medium? Maker’s sake, comrade, it’s entertainment–

SELAAN: You know the story behind those guys, right? We found them in the wreck of an Atlantis evac transport. Trapped for over a year by some Malro egger and didn’t break. That’s why the Commander trusts them.

YUMI: Then you’d know such depictions, in fact, originate from Raata art. SuVee is merely reconstructing the ancient tradition of–

MARKON: So he sneaks out on his own, looking to ‘see the sights’ by the waterfront, if you know what I mean, heh, heh!

HOLLAND: The faceplates creep me out. I’ve never seen them without one.

SELAAN: I think it’s intentional. Can’t compromise their loyalty if you don’t know who they are.

MARKON: And then they found him in a waste crate in the Arcology docking bay!

EIRU: Are you two arguing about that SuVee cartoon again?

MARKON: How’d Riaan get away with it, nevermind make Chief?

JON: Sejikiin on the deck! [Shuffling and creaking of chairs, then silence.]

KAIVA: At ease. Commander Suzaku is occupied with pre-flight checks and so will not be joining us. Be advised he’ll be checking the recording.

We’ve all had a long day, so I’ll be brief. I know some of you out there think you’re taking the dropship to Caldari Prime and not Athounon VI. Particularly you fighter jockies. You marines are a little more grounded.

[Faint laughter]

KAIVA: Take it from me - you’re not worthy to lick mud from the boots of the men and women who stepped off that ramp. Nor would you want to be. You sucklings are on a milk run. You want glory? Follow your orders to the letter.

I’m also here to reinforce the spirit of your directive. This is a reconnaissance mission first and a sortie second. Remember your EAR - Evade, Assess, Report. Now, if during that loop you happen to see Fio or Veles–

[Aggressive hooting noise]

KAIVA: Silence! Vonsaikka, arrest that employee at once and bring him to the brig. Two lashes. Shameful. Does any other baka want a fast shuttle back to access control at an SNC cryo plant? If you think you’re real soldiers, act like it.

Yes? A question?

YUMI: Sir, what about the renegade warclones?

KAIVA: They’re trigs. So, same as Veles and any other kyber unit. Preferential engagement. Attempt to secure prisoners for interrogation. Anyone else fail to read their briefing slate?

No? Good. Briefing concluded. Action stations; hivaa saitsuo.

[Together] Glory to the State!

=END=

1 Like