Rumors! Gossip! Tabloids!

Outraged Capsuleer Assaults Legal Defendant

Yesterday, July 1st, at 19:42 NEST on Yona V, a routine court hearing ended with an outburst of violence when capsuleer and former model Emilia Dallocort shoved legal defendant Javas Clardoux over a bench. Directly after the conclusion of the court session, Dallocort’s prosecuting team approached Aliastra representative and defendant Clardoux in the hall, where he and prosecutor lead Stelhem Aubisset exchanged a few words in civility. Several moments later, this conversation was interrupted when Ms Dallocort pushed past Aubisset to slap Clardoux’s holo-tablet from his hands, proceeding to shove him over a bench and onto the floor.

[Video footage showing the scene]
Legal representatives Aubisset and Clardoux are having what looks to be a professional, but mildly heated, conversation in the halls outside of the courtroom, with Emilia standing just behind Aubisset’s shoulder. Shortly into this conversation, Emilia’s lips press together and she shoots a fiery glare at Clardoux, before brushing past Aubisset and abruptly smacking Clardoux’s holo-tablet from his grip. Immediately after, Emilia steps forward and uses both hands to forcefully shove a shocked Clardoux backwards. Clardoux trips over a bench along the side of the room and crashes down into a potted plant, his head smacking the wall while dirt spills over the floor. A member of the prosecuting team grabs Emilia’s arm at the same time Aubisset turns and steps in front of her, getting Dallocort to back off while she says something angrily to the man on the floor.

This physical confrontation comes moments after yet another delay in an ongoing legal battle between Emilia Dallocort and her former employer, Aliastra. Dallocort, who once modeled for the retail giant, has brought forward a suit against the corporation with accusations of dishonesty, exploitation, and defamation.

According to Dallocort, she was approached by Aliastra during her search for a sponsor, who offered to fund her capsuleer program in exchange for Dallocort accepting a modeling contract. During the negotiations, she claims that Aliastra took advantage of her lack of experience and her desperate situation to obscure the contractual implications of the offer. Dallocort claims that she was mislead to believe that Aliastra would allow her to buy out her contract in full, when in reality they only planned to forfeit her working contract in exchange for the agreed upon fee. Currently, Aliastra still owns Dallocort’s image and has been using her likeness in a variety of advertisements. She claims to have never once been informed by any Aliastra representatice of the clause which specifies the rights to her image would be retained. She maintains to have only found out about this clause a few months after paying the fee to break her working contract, when she discovered Aliastra was still using her image for new product placements.

Aliastra, however, has denied all accusations, stating that Dallocort was made unquestionably aware of all terms of her contract before she agreed to signing in full. The retail giant also states that Ms Dallocort was presented with a separate offer, giving her the opportunity to purchase her image rights, and that she declined. Aliastra representative and legal defendant Javas Clardoux claims that “Ms. Dallocort is participating in politics, attempting to smear Aliastra’s image while dancing out of the remaining terms of her contract free of charge.”

[A video feed shows Javas Clardoux walking out of the courthouse, holding an ice pack to the back of his head.]

“Mr. Clardoux,” a reporter asks, “do you plan to press charges against Emilia Dallocort for the incident that just occurred?”

“Yes,” Javas responds, “I very much intend to press charges.”

Stelhem Aubisset, when approached for a statement, responded by saying, “I have no doubt that this will only cause further complications in negotiations between my team and the defendant’s. However, while my client’s actions were unwelcome, I do not believe that this should have any effect on the outcome of the current legal dispute. My client’s emotional behavior has nothing to do with the decision on whether Aliastra deliberately obfuscated the terms of the contract.”

Emilia Dallocort has declined to comment.

5 Likes