Running for CSM next year:

Wait and see.

Well, my friend Syd was in my latest video. Does that count?

My wife puts up with my general nonsense? Does that count?

My daughter adjusted the lights and camera for the recording. Does that count?

Cagali is lazy and never helps.

Dunkā€¦

This is not helpful or relevant, either way.

No, itā€™s worse than that, he also has to prove he didnā€™t spend any of his own money on either, or heā€™s clearly only not-running because of the financial incentives of not being sent to a barren lump of granite in the North Atlantic for a week, surrounded by toxic shark meat curing in urine.

2 Likes

Yeah, I saw that. It was shortly after that he created this thread. When I found it, I literally laughed out loud. I knew exactly how it was going to turn out.

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry Dunk, but Iā€™m affraid that you have indeed received substantial help from both family and friends. This does discout you as a valid CSM candidate.

Also, by your own admission, your dauther did help out with the production of the video. Iā€™m sure this can be seen a child labour (depending on the age of the child of cource). This action is highly frowned upon by both CCP and the CSM. As such, Iā€™m affraid you will have to withdraw your candidacy.

1 Like

Ok.

Quick TL;DR

• OP wishes to be elected to the CSM on the platform of opposing ā€œcorruptionā€ and ā€œpoliticalā€ influence within it.
  • OP claims to have support from the majority of the electorate, but canā€™t actually substantiate the claim, because the silent majorityā€¦ well, theyā€™re kind of silent.
  • OP has repeatedly harangued, insulted, and questioned the honesty and integrity of several sitting CSM members.
  • OP has repeatedly ignored questions based entirely on their content questioning his platform or motives or not liking the people asking them; instead deeming opposing individuals as trolls.
  • OP is openly hostile, intractable and belligerent.
  • OP has himself made statements in the past that call into question his own integrity and suitability to run for office.

Did I miss anything?

6 Likes

Well, youā€™ve clearly been recording your own videos, using your own data plan and making use of a phone that you, presumably, paid money to purchase. By your own statements to Brisc, this indicates that youā€™re seeking election to the CSM in order to reap the financial benefits of being voted onto the CSM. So how can we believe that you really want change?

1 Like

What financial benefits?

I think there must be a language barrier here.

I do not ask you to apologize for lying. I asked you to apologize for accusing me of lying.

I have done nothing to you, other than ask you questions and answer yours, which you seem to believe somehow makes me look bad. Iā€™m not sure why you think this, other than you appear to believe that it is unethical for a candidate for CSM to spend any money campaigning. If that is the case, thatā€™s the first time I have ever seen that attack be made, so i give you credit for originality.

I hope that I am revealing to your voters the same thing I revealed to the owners of the 1,990 accounts that voted for me on the first ballot - that Iā€™m open and honest, even with people like you.

1 Like

Points 1 and 2 are by and wide correct.
The rest are not by any stretch.

That was my question to you when you insisted that Brisc having spent his own money on some of his campaign materials indicated there was a financial incentive for running.

You didnā€™t answer me then, even to acknowledge the question, so Iā€™m forced to assume you have some expectation of financial incentives existing.

1 Like

That does not follow.

What financial gain do I stand to receive, when I have explictly stated I will accept none?

Point 3 is definitely correct. You have harangued, insulted, and questioned the honesty and integrity of Brisc, the Judge, and Steve Ronuken.

Point 4 is also correct. You have repeatedly ignored questions. Just one example:

Point 5, I will grant you, may be people misinterpreting your responses, but you definitely do come across as hostile and belligerent, and you have been largely intractable.

Point 6ā€¦ I can see where you, being inherently biased where you are concerned, might not realize that you have done thisā€¦ but you have.

3 Likes

I donā€™t know. Youā€™re the one who insisted there must be one. Therefore, if that is the only thing you can think of which motivates the current CSMs to spend their time, effort, and money on this, it stands to reason that it is why you would do so.

2 Likes

Points 3 to 6 are open to interpretation. And so far, youā€™re the only one interpreting them differently than everone else.

This is false.

What is true is those three, as acting CSM, have shown up in my CSM candidacy campaign thread to troll it, and revealed questionable conduct on the part of each, which I have addressed.

They came here to troll me. 2 had the sense to stop. 1 was just responding to a callsign, yet one persists still, despite me asking him multiple times to desist.

So youā€™re admitting that you canā€™t substantiate your claim to represent a majority?

The other 4 points are not without basis.

You have demonstrably questioned the honesty and integrity of at least 2 sitting CSM members.
You have classified any questions that challenge your platform or authored by people you dislike as trolls
You are openly hostile, intractable and belligerent, your own posting makes your denial either deluded or deceitful.
You have made statements in the past that call into question the kind of person you are and whether you are suitable or not to run for office.

Be warned I have a nasty habit of being able to back up my statements; try me at your peril.

This is by design.

ā€œWhile the CSM are considered an elected body, and operate as a single cohesive unit, delegates of the CSM must remember that they are democratically elected individuals who were voted into office to represent a given playstyle, and have a responsibility to bring forth the views and opinions of their constituents to CCP Games.ā€ - CSM Whitepaper, pg 10

Are you refusing to attend the summit in Iceland in person?