Russian Federation Loses Connection To Eve Online

So it’s a case of giz ya stuff then. Eve is a hard mistress.

What happens if the Russian government goes the same way as China and creates a firewall, CCP will have to introduce a new server just for the Russians or is CCP prepared to lose all the paying Russian customers?

That is actually the best possible outcome. Look, lets all be honest here. They bot. We know it, they know it, CCP knows it. So if the Russians were to get their own server, they can bot away in happiness, while the rest of us can get back to EVE…

2 Likes

Just remember I said customer, you said bot. lol. :eyes:

1 Like

You might be shocked but “Russian” and “bot owner” are not equal sets of players.

Just say it openly: you hate Russians and that’s it. And you only need pretty looking reason to show your hatred.

1 Like

Of course not every bot is operated by a Russian player, but from my personal experience most of the ones that I have seen are, and I’m not the only person to have observed this. And no, I don’t hate Russian players, I hate bots, no matter who they are owned by…

If I got it correct, Russia blocked the chat server but not the game server itself. Can’t CCP just set up a chat proxy server on a not blocked IP and relay the communication to the blocked chat server?

CCP already indicated that there is little (if anything) they can do to counter this other than affected players running VPNs. So I’m not sure what all this other speculation is for because they have enough issues to sort out with the new chat system without adding some of the additional complexity that some of you are suggesting.

And if botting/RMT endeavours are effected I’m not going to lose any sleep over it…

1 Like

can’t this already happen in the UK?

1 Like

You can always ask GCHQ i’m sure they are on it, ISP’s in the UK have to hold your info for a year just in case someone in authority want it. Second most monitored population on the planet after Israel.

1 Like

Dead journalists and corruption is one thing, but taking away the botting income will be a step too far. Take to the streets.

2 Likes

But still you want to get rid of all russian players because of few bot owners (admit you have no proofs that this “few” is even significant enough).

From my personal experience (and, you know, i’m Russian by myself and played in russian corps/alliances long enough) it is pretty small number.

1 Like

All it takes is a few people to f*** it up for the rest of us. Ask anyone who has had a new company policy enforced because just a few people couldn’t follow the rules…

1 Like

I really don’t understand the point of this discussion. Short of a VPN the only other solution is revolution, and somehow I don’t see that improving things for anyone.

Leaving Russia is another solution.

What!? Leave one’s homeland for a videogame!?? Actually…I could see EvE players doing that… Serious business.

5 Likes

Isn’t the bigger challenge leaving the basement first?

8 Likes

I looked at it… Years ago… Still not sure where i would like to live. Every place has its own pros and cons.

And if you have family (it happens!) you should think about them. Me personally could settle almost anywhere (except US). But my wife? She would have big problems searching stuff to do and people to meet. Children? Simple switching school is enough of pain for teenager but moving to another country where you basically cannot talk to other kids?
And parents. They want to see their children (us) time by time.

So yeah, moving to another country is not the task you do easily having family.

3 Likes

Yes but technically the government requires a valid order by a judge and the gchq would be assisting. And you need to be a clear and present treath.

oh yeah… that’s so much better… systems like that have never been abused by anyone

1 Like