[SARUM] Slaves Freed in Honor of Jubilee

You’re right, but only by accident. Empress Jamyl’s coronation was at St. Kuria the Prophet Cathedral in Amarr. Empress Catiz I’s coronation was at the Basilica of St. Gheinok the First Prophet.

Sacred Flesh and the Exhortation are not mutually exclusive. The Exhortation does not negate Sacred Flesh. The Exhortation dictates that clones have souls. That’s it. It does not mean that your soul is protected against all sin and corruption, or that you will not be held to other laws like Sacred Flesh (a law that only applies to royal heirs and emperors. They are special people, and thus have special rules that do not apply to the rest of us).

As beings with souls, clones can be members of the Amarr faith. But it takes more than simply having a soul and being part of the Amarr faith to be a royal heir or emperor. An heir or emperor must have a perfect and unblemished soul, as dictated by Sacred Flesh. Clones might have souls, but the soul of a clone is damaged. Even though a clone might be a member of the faith, they are not pure enough to be an heir or emperor. And honestly, it wouldn’t even matter if the soul was pure enough. The law of Sacred Flesh exists, it is part of Scripture, and thus it must be obeyed regardless. Exhortation or not, Sacred Flesh still applies. The Exhortation states that clones have souls, and Sacred Flesh dictates that emperors and royal heirs are forbidden from cloning. Both of these laws are compatible with the other.

I cannot speak for the Ardishapur Family’s opinion on the Exhortation. But it is now part of Scripture, and thus we must accept it.

6 Likes

Yes ! You are all ready to accept.
You are ready to receive six heirs on the Privy Council
You are ready to accept the alleged Testament.
You are ready to accept even that Catiz is Jamyl II

Vessel of the soul.
I know this …
EoM (Equilibrium of Mankind) ?
All very well. Inside the Empire flourishes Equilibrium of Mankind.

And if you’re talking about clones and capsules.
All this was already under the rule of Jamyl Sarum. Just your ‘Righteous’ Catiz wants to get support such as you.
But it will not save her.

Okay.

Okey.

This … made less and less sense as I read more of it.

Is this … uh. Is this making sense to anyone other than Mr. Vollhov?

2 Likes

It makes no sense to you.
It is better to read about the Five Apostles. And that six can not be in the council.
And to understand that the Empress Jamyl Sarum did not at any time write such a will that violates the holy five.
You then what’s the difference?
You do not care who is on the throne.

Um.

Pilot, I’m not Amarr to begin with.

1 Like

Happy you capsuleer. :chillparrot:

… i don’t really get what you mean by that either.

2 Likes

Neither does he. He’s been Ottomized.

4 Likes

I just drank a lot of choice wine from my native world. :wine_glass:

AAAAH! … that’s a terrible thing for someone to have happen to them!

(Also I feel bad for laughing. But.)

Added, after seeing Vollhov’s most recent:

Ah. Well. That makes sense at least.

1 Like

Very little about faith and religion makes sense to me.

I would hazard that if Volhov’s post had been found written on a piece of 3,000 year old parchment in a gourd, there would by now be several hundred people interpreting it as scriptural prophecy exhorting them to destroy some other group of people.

Possibly the imposition of mandatory gourd ownership to mark them as the Chosen People.

If you want to talk about such things some time, pilot, it seems like something that could be really fun to discuss. (And probably give Arrendis a bunch more opportunities to yell at me if she feels like it.)

This probably isn’t the best place, though. At least for me.

1 Like

Concerning the recognition of Capsules ?
Year 110 the beginning of the war for heaven. Formation of the 24th Imperial Crusade

It was us who brought civilization to this dark and perilous world, and it is us who uphold it, with compassion, strength and courage. We need you to help us save the Minmatar from themselves. We will help the lost ones find their way, capsuleer, and we will do it with the deathless force only you can wield.

The first recognition of capsules.

Opportunity to join the 24th Imperial Crusade for independent corporations and alliances.
All this was considered in the Privy Council and was taken with difficulty. Some Heirs were against expanding the capabilities of Capsules.

All this is in the news from 110 to 115.

Jamyl Sarum not engage in this nonsense and does not append the scriptures. Not breaking the tradition of Amarr. She honored and honored them.
All capsules that graduated from Amarr schools received Token:

A document representing submission to the authority of the Amarrian Empress, Jamyl Sarum.
Notably, the language surrounding capsuleer fealty has been significantly watered down, revealing that even the Amarr Empire is willing to acknowledge the reality of capsuleer freedom and autonomy.

All this has already happened. Everything that Catiz is doing now. She just wants to get a support among the capsuleers. Since under her rule we have already suffered a defeat from the Minmatar. In addition, after the death of the Empress Jamyl Sarum, the Covenant rises from its knees.

I almost forgot.
Alizabeth Vea entered the 24th only after the death of Her Majesty Jamyl Sarum. It turns out that she began to serve the Empire only after the death of the Empress.
So I would have thought about whether she served the Empress Jamyl Sarum. :female_detective:

Prior to that, she was part of SFRIM, another Amarr-aligned capsuleer organization. And why are you using the female detective image? Are you trying to compete with Vaari for ‘creepiest slimeball on the IGS’?

3 Likes

I agree that such a discussion would be interesting and belongs in a different thread. Having bemused my engineer father by studying memetic psychology prior to returning to his good graces with a subsequent major in ballistics, understanding how cultural features disseminate and create organisations still ignites my curiosity.

I have been fascinated by your exploration of Shujiing, for example, and you appear to have quite the experience of cultures across the cluster. It would be an honour to consider your further thoughts.

1 Like

You’re right. Prior to her death, I flew for Goonswarm, and still consider them my good friends. Arrendis is like a sister to me. Boat is a goofy cousin. Rydis, Mittani, even Sion, I love them all.

But that doesn’t define my faith. Empress Jamyl’s death was a catalyst for me to come to the Empire. You see, I just could not have imagined her death. I don’t think anyone could. It caused me to go to Amarr. I found Lady Newelle, who saw my faith and offered me a spot on her team.

We never realize what we cannot live without until it is gone.

As to the question on whether I served Empress Jamyl I: no, not really. Not like I should have, while she was alive.

As to the question of do I serve her now? Emphatically yes. I follow her teachings and serve Holy Amarr.

I’m not a very good Amarr, I admit that. However, I try with all my being to be someone that she would be proud to meet.

2 Likes

Of course he struck a nerve. Isn’t that obvious?